Would you die for love?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Tyi-Maet_Nefer, Jan 25, 2007.

?

Would you die for love?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Yes! 18 vote(s) 29.0%
No! 10 vote(s) 16.1%
It depends 28 vote(s) 45.2%
Other 6 vote(s) 9.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Depends on the circumstances. I'd die to defend and protect someone I love. I wouldn't take the blame for a crime that would cause me to die.
  2. Gabri_Jade VIP

VIP
    star 5
  3. Teegirloo Force Ghost

star 6
    I wouldnt die for love itself. I would die to protect someone i love or anyone for that matter, if i felt it was the right thing to do.
  4. piratedreamer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes! if it was a matter of a gun being pointed at both of us, I would give my life to save his in an instant, but I would never pull a Romeo/Juliet suicide or take his death if it was punishment. In other words, I'd never hesitate to die to protect the one I love - but to die for love itself? maybe not so much...
  5. DVeditor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You bet - there's nothing I wouldn't do to protect my closest relations on this earth.
  6. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Personally, I would not even call that dying for love. How can love be construed to die meaninglessly?
  7. DarthSara Jedi Master

star 1
  8. ticopuma Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  9. The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Would I give my life so that someone I loved could live? Yes.
  10. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    Same. Though if it was in order for either of my daughters or for my wife to live I would most likely do what is needed.
  11. CrazyAni Jedi Master

star 4
    It depends. If the love of my life died, my own existence would seem pointless. Death would seem like only solution. However, wouldn't living on mean honouring the person you loved?

Would I give my life to save someone I loved? Absolutely. Would I want the same sacrifice done for me? No.

I voted the third option.
  12. Jturtle Jedi Master

star 4
    It depends. I'm not sure what circumstances would force me to make that choice and I hope I never have to make it.
  13. Rouge77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It depends... One of my great-aunts committed suicide after the death of her husband, my great-uncle, because she thought she could not live without him, and everybody in my family thought it such a foolish thing to do. Perhaps it was because the couple were already in their sixties and old people are not supposed to do such things like dying for love.
  14. The_Crow Jedi Master

star 4
  15. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm in the "it depends" category. :D
  16. Alpha-02 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to think so, but until such a situation occurs (if it ever does) I don't think I could ever be certain.
  17. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.