main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you dress as Darth Stalker for Celebration V?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Skull_of_the_Rancor, Dec 30, 2008.

?

Would you dress as Darth Stalker for Celebration V?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2008.
  1. Yeah, that sounds like a cool idea.

16.7%
  2. No. He's lame.

4.2%
  3. Who's Darth Stalker?

62.5%
  4. I'd make fun of anyone who did, because the character's concept is a middle finger to all Star Wars

12.5%
  5. Maybe, if I saw the costume plans first.

4.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skull_of_the_Rancor

Skull_of_the_Rancor Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2008
  2. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    Do you mean this guy?

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/93/SithStalkerCloseUp.jpg]

3. Jaren_Valnor

Jaren_Valnor Jedi Master star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    From what I understand, Darth Stalker is a costume from a new online expansion for The Force Unleashed. It's essentially the Sith Stalker costume posted above without the helmet. But I could be wrong.

4. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    that is a creeeeepy design. Like if Marylin Manson was a designer on the Prequels or something.

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Someone wore that to the Official TFU launch Event here in SF:

http://goldengategarrison.com/gallery/?g2_path=Main/ForceUnleashedRelease/IMG_0111.jpg.html

6. Skull_of_the_Rancor

Dec 30, 2008
    I might just go as Darth Stalker to show that guy how it's done. My original intent of the poll was to find out If anyone else out there knew who he was or thought he was stupid. I'm sure in a year he'll be cooler, and have a couple of comic books about him. Thks for voting.

7. Skull_of_the_Rancor

Dec 30, 2008

I've been doing alot of deep thinking in the realm of Star Wars costuming lately. I'm seeing alot of people all wearing the same thing, like 30 Drath Maul's in a room. It makes me want to vomit. Seriously, wheres the origionality? Like, what if you could dress as a Gungan or Dug? They sound impossible, but think about it. You'd be the first! I've never seen anyone at a convention dressed as Sebulba, have you? It sounds like it would look tacky as hell, but I bet if you were tallented enough, you could pull it off. I've also been thinking about this Chris Bartlett dude(AKA TK-409) and his awesome C-3P0 costume. If I could pattern what he did, I could create a wicked awesome RA-7 Death Star Driod costume. (Just change the head and the shape of the chest of course). Origionality is out there people, you just have to find it. Not everyone has to go to a major convention as Darth Vader or a Stormtrooper, be creative!

Am I the only one who gets pissed off at the sight of 40 Boba Fetts standing in line at McDonalds? If I'm the only one, I'll shut up.

8. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Seriously though, if you are going as this guy, build up the arms for it. The other guy needed some definition in the arms...

9. The_Clone_Emperor

The_Clone_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    [color=006699]Yes. Yes I will. Two years is just enough tyme to do the character justice.
    Here's a recent progress image of my suit;[/color]
    [image=http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_htm/SWgeekhtm/Secret/UEtease01.jpg]
    [color=006699]100% hand sculpted and cast in fibreglass and various media.

Note;
    There is no such character as Darth Stalker in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.
    The character in the suit is Galen Marek, Vader's Secret Apprentice. In his role as the Secret Apprentice he is referred to by the code name Starkiller. During the course of game play, Starkiller gains access to a wardrobe of costumes that would make Queen Amidala jealous. The costume this poll refers to is called Sith Stalker Armour.

The gentleman in the image below, Manny, is the Lucas Arts artist who made the 3-D model for the Sith Stalker Armour, as well many other characters in the TFU video game;[/color]
    [image=http://goldengategarrison.com/gallery2/d/115703-2/IMG_0111.jpg]
    [color=006699]His armour pieces were completed using Pepakura software, in tyme for Comic Con 2008.

I consider this a very challenging character to do right. In my own attempt I will be using a minimum of three materials and associated techniques that I have not studied before. But that is in fact why I choose to do this.

CU@CV

Be well,
    Thomas[/color]

10. ANAKINOS

ANAKINOS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Thomas

I Cant wait to see this one. All that you do is absolutly perfect and remarkable. Hope to see you and get some pics with you like always. :)

thad

11. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    for some reason when i read "darth stalker" i thought of Anniken in Episode Two

12. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    Thomas, when you finish, just go ahead and send the photos to Hasbro. It'll save them a lot of time. :)

And you should really consider documenting the work in progress - much like you did for the Clone Emperor and holocron (if not moreso!)

Speaking of, what medium are you using for those preliminary drawings on your site - the colored text and drawings on the black background?

13. NexusFox

NexusFox Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2009
    Cosplaying him is anatomically impossible since he is a small skinny creature with small legs that walks on his strong arms, if you somehow applied a costume of him as a biped, would he even be recogniseable?
    especially since he is memorable for walking on his hands and being small.

trust me you cannot cosplay everything.
    You could cosplay a Watto albeit taller, more humanoid with a plantigrade stance.
    but he would be recognised because you could still have the odd trunklike nose and huge gasfilled pot-belly
    above all he is blue and has wings so he would easily be recognised even with a costume that deviates that much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.