main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Would you go over seas to fight in this war?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by dudeman, Mar 19, 2003.

?

Would you go over seas to fight in this war?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. yes

68.4%
  2. no

31.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    See, now there is a perfect example of ignorance padawanjo. I said " If you don't like the country, why would you stay here?" I never said anything about people whining about Bush and the political system. Jon specifically said "I've lost most of my respect for Bush and this country and don't feel that it's worth fighting for." If you don't like the political system, then fight to change it. That's fine, but if you don't like the country, get the **** out and quit crowding the people that truly love this country.

Oh, and if by knowing someone in the armed forces mean you have credentials, then here are mine:
    Two grandpas in WWII, one grandpa in Vietnam, three uncles in Vietnam (one held in a POW camp for about a year), one uncle in the Gulf War, and three friends and a cousin overseas right now.

2. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    oh if you want my crudentials, here goes: one grandpa Korea, one grandpa WW2, three great uncles in WW2, cousin overseas bombing baghdad now, two friends of our family overseas now, and many others in WW2 and vietnam and korea

3. GrandJediMaster

GrandJediMaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Jeez, war is in your family's blood. Oh, I would probably go over to Iraq if I could, but because of some stupid bumpy roads in my life, I can't go.

4. Raincloud

Raincloud Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2002
    Nope. Sorry, but I am not the soldier type. I dont even know how to work a gun.

5. Hott_princess13

Hott_princess13 Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2003
    no i would not because i think that we should kill sadam but keep peace with iraq. anyway i wouldnt want my family worrying about me like in the book called "Across Five Aprils"

6. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    da da dadadie da da dadadie da da dadadie da

7. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Princess...we ARE keeping the peace with Iraq. They are who we are fighting for...so they will be free of Saddam and his regime i.e. his murdering army. We are there to basically remove a cruel leader. Did you see the Iraqi people jumping and cheering for joy when the statue of Saddam was knocked down?

8. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    What do you anti-war people think of the war now? Now that we have forced sadam out of power, and the people are slapping statues of saddam with their shoes (which is a cultural thing. It means basically that "i'm showing you the bottom of my shoe which means you are scum", it's like the insult of insults in iraq.) and kissing pictures of bush... Don't tell me that they didn't want to be liberated and shouldn't have been.

And another thing... I would like to know what your credentials are (i'm not talking about familiy members who've been in wars) I'm talking about what college did you goto? Bush and his staff went to the finest schools, harvard, yale, and have multiple degrees such. They are increadibly smart men, and I have confidence in them that they know what they are doing. I just think it's funny that actors who dropped out of high school, or only have a degree in acting think they know more than the president. lmao!

Also, If i were old enough to be in the army, i'd seriously think about enlisting. In the end it would depend on what was going on in my life right then and if I thought it would be something I personally should do. But if there were a draft, I would go and enlist once that happened.

9. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    Amen, Diva and Yoda.

10. Stl_Imperial

Stl_Imperial Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    I would like to add a little note here. For the most part this is for all the people in high school that have been stating that they would join the military. I joined the navy just as soon as I got out of high school. If there is an interest in joining it is totally worth going to talk to them about the idea. Just make sure that if you join sign up for the specific job that you would want. Also don't just talk to one branch. Also talk to people in the service now. I can honestly say that it was one of the best times in my life. It wasn't always wonderful but I do miss every bit of it. Oh....and when you get out, it helps in a HUGE way as far as finding a job afterwards. So anyways....that's my two cents. As far as would I go fight in the war, I was in the service during Desert Storm...so yes...and been there and done that. One last thing....being a submarine sonar tech totally fulfilled my techie geeky side. That's why I say go in assigned a job that you know you will want.

11. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    thank you yoda and stl_imperial and all of those who are for this war and trust in the president and know that we are not at war with iraq, just saddam and his followers

and btw: a simpler way to say that thing about showing the sole of your shoe, it is just like giving the finger, just a little different

12. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    dudeman: about the sole of the shoe thing, that's just how it wasn't explained to me, I hadn't tought of that corelation lol

13. Hott_princess13

Hott_princess13 Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2003
    well if you guys herad on the news and read in the newspaper that Sadam might still be alive. now i am happy that we are at peace with iraq and i know about the whole stomping on Sadam thing but still i would not go in the war even though i can fire a gun

14. dudeman

Jun 19, 2002
    @yodaboy: yes that is just how i always thought of it. i might have heard it somewhere once before but thats just the first thing that pops into my head when i see that :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.