main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Would you guys be cool with video production logs...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Like Peter Jackson did for The Hobbit shoot?

I guess that is a really dumb question. I do wish that they would do it. I guess that the difference is that with The Hobbit, most big fans knew the story. Here with these movies those blogs could spoil things... Which I am all for.

2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I watched most of Jackson's and if JJ did it that would be awesome!

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I would much rather pay money for a subscription which offers me access to a questionably functioning webcam aimed at a fire exit somewhere on the production lots. Trust me, if they name it something "Star Wars" sounding, it honestly makes it all sound worth it.

4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I enjoyed those production logs, but the difference between the Hobbit and Episode 7 is that we know what's going on in the Hobbit so there's not as much to keep under wraps. Depending on how much they want to reveal about Episode 7 and at what point, we could be seeing something like that.

And yes, anyone who remembers the infamous Hyperspace from the PT days is bound to poke quite a bit of fun at such an idea, hahah. What a waste of time and money that was.

5. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    There was nothing from 'Hyperspace' that I couldn't glean from TF.N or JC'ers. I don't see that the same wouldn't be true now. JJ/Bad Robot haven't done much of that kind of thing in the past, have they? Most of it was weird viral stuff (Slusho website and the like), correct?

6. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    I loved the webdocs the official site were uploading before filming began. Rehearsals, design teams, interviews with some of the department heads (design, VFX etc..) etc. You can still show a lot and still show / give away nothing.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  7. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Do I, a lifelong Star Wars fan and cinephile, want to see in depth production videos detailing every aspect of production, from cinematography, to prop creation, to set design, assistant directing, makeup and more? Updated on a monthly/bi monthly basis?

Nah. Over it.

8. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Star Wars was doing production video blogs before Peter Jackson.

Also, I liked Hyperspace. It was the next best thing to being in Sydney, and made the whole thing feel so immediate.

Veloz likes this.
  9. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    No. I like JJ's mystery box approach. With him directing I'm hoping we won't get so much spoiler info and will help me stay a little spoiler free. Not totally but a little.

Lee_ likes this.
  10. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah I like the idea of being spoiler-lite not spoiler heavy this go round. But a camera or video featurettes don't have to give away much.

Echo-07 likes this.
  11. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I really liked the web videos they did for TPM. Those were the days connecting via earthnet listening to those trying to connect to the internet sounds and then waiting an hour for a video to load. Those were the days.

12. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    I recall watching one of those webcams during a lunch break once. 30 minutes of green screen and production equipment. Exciting. ;)

13. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    There was the one video of Liam, Ewan, and Ray working on light saber moves with the stunt coordinator. I loved that one.

14. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I
    I loved Hyperspace. I managed to catch a few very cool things on camera, and the webdocs were always something to look forward to. I really hope they do stuff like that this time around, although i'm not too hopeful =((

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  15. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

[face_laugh] I saw one like that. It was in a empty room. I think it was the break room. Exciting.

Echo-07 likes this.
  16. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Video logs? Yeah, I'd be cool with them. I doubt we'll get them though (I don't think they'll be that open with the production), but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Echo-07 likes this.
  17. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Yeah his methods work really well like Khan from Star Trek: Into Darkness......Worst secret keeper ever. He should have promoted that and it would have done wonders for Benedict Cumberbatch.

18. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    You mean beside the BIG 3 returning. Also, I don't think Benedict's career has been bothered much by it.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'd be cool with it, but it'll never happen. We're gonna have to pry info from JJ's cold dead fingers. :)

Echo-07 likes this.
  20. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I thought that grainy 400 pixel wide QuickTime trailer I downloaded for like five hours on my 14k dial up was the best thing ever.

21. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    JJ Abrams clouds everything! Our ability to find the spoilers has been diminished.

Echo-07 likes this.
  22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    What? We need a Chosen One to throw him down a shaft?

Veloz likes this.
  23. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    ^ WHAT?! :mad:

Throwing JJ down a shaft at this point would delay filming by at least a year . . . . :p

24. Fjw1970

Fjw1970 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 8, 2013
    JJ may be directing but KK is still in charge.

I would love to see short webisodes showing things from the production. Show off sets and costumes, and do short interviews with the cast. Yes!

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]
    I WOULD BE COOL WITH IT. LET'S KICK SOME ICE

Mr. K likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.