Would you have killed the Tuskens?

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by DarthMole666, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annie_skywalker001 Jedi Master

star 4
  2. DarthCorky Jedi Master

star 1
    As long as the thread is redundant, I might as well be redundant too. So here's my post from the last thread about this:

People need to develop an understanding of perspective and relativity. With the PT, George is proving that Star Wars has never been about a clear cut line between good and evil. Everyone does something for a reason, everyone has motivation, even Vader. I'm sure there's some reason that Palpatine turned bad in the first place if we went back far enough. The Tuskens are not pure evil monsters who kill people like Shmi for no reason. There are tons of explanations, just like there's a reason for Anakin's freakout. Tattooine is the Tuskens' planet. The humans are intruding, and the Tuskens are territorial. For all we know, the humans used to kill Tuskens for fun back in the day just like early settlers in America shot buffalo while riding on the train. You may want to say that this is in a galaxy far far away and comparisons to Earth situations don't apply, but these movies are reflecting our lives on Earth. They just are. You can't ignore that.

Lucas is making a statement despite the fact that so many of you are missing it. Bottom line, there is a reason for the Tuskens' actions, and whatever it is, it's just as justified as Anakin's anger over the death of his mother, even though neither action is excusable.

It would be great if we could see more of the first days of humans on Tattooine, but we never will, so all we can do is speculate. And I think George has shown that all the characters, even someone as supposedly evil as Vader, do what they do for a reason. If Lucas thought the Tuskens were mindless murdering evil monsters, I don't think he'd have the extermination of them be Anakin's first step to the dark side.

What if some humans in Mos Eisley took a Tusken woman hostage and tortured her (a very probable event in my opinion)? Would it be cool for some Tuskens to come in and murder everyone in the town?

Now, a hypothetical situation:
    Humans land on Tattooine and start building cities. These cities affect where Tuskens can live and force them to inhabit only the most desolate areas of the planet. Many Tuskens die while dealing with this adaptation, but the humans are just trying to find a place to stay. Some humans go out on a trip in their landspeeder and come upon a Tusken camp. They walk up and investigate. The Tuskens see "intruders" attack, and kill them. A band of humans discover the situation and kill some Tuskens. The Tuskens kill some humans who they happen to run into. The humans kill some Tuskens that they happen to run into. Years pass and this cycle continues. The Tuskens happen to run into Shmi and take her hostage. Anakin finds his mother and kills all the Tuskens in the village. ETC. ETC. ETC.!!!

The point is that it has to stop somewhere. Someone has to transcend above revenge, someone has to not be a reactionary, and if anyone's a candidate for that position, it's a freakin' Jedi!!!!

Exterminating the Tuskens WOULD end the conflict, it's true, and you know what else would end the conflict? EXTERMINATING THE HUMANS!!!!

Have a little perspective and stop allowing yourself to be so isolated and ignorant.
  3. 7mmSTW Jedi Knight

star 1
    We didn't land on Tattoine, Tattoine landed on us!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D
  4. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes I would have done the exact thing Anakin did.
  5. InsaneChiss Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, I would have killed all of those Tuskens with great glee, "It's Guliani time!".

I would have also killed those Jawa's too, just for the hell of it.
  6. Admiral_JasterMereel Force Ghost

star 4
    Who wants to have a Rugby game with a Tusken Raider's head? Hmm? Hm?
  7. libwil Jedi Knight

DarthCorky:You make valid points but Shimi was out picking mushrooms she was not even thinking about the Tusken raiders. They kidnapped her and tortured her. I read the novel and i am glad GL held back on the film because Shimi was beaten senseless. Anakin felt her pain. People must understand that before Anakin was a jedi he was a slave and a mother's son. He started training late which before then he had a chance to develop feelings for his mother. Also, in the novel Anakin was in rage because he was not ready to give up his mother. The Tuskens had no right to kidnap her and then on top of it according to the comic books they slaughtered some more people(humans)so I do believe that when Ani stumbled upon the dead carnage of people that had been slaughtered, he started to become enraged. Then the death of his mother sent him over the edge. He cease being anakin and became one with the force. Now after he confessed he apologized and said he was sorry so so sorry. I know too little too late but at least he admitted his wrongdoing. Me on the other hand probably wouldve done the same thing Anakin did and apologized. I guess sometimes we get caught up and we cease being ourselves.
  8. Rob_Baajakh Force Ghost

star 1
    If I would kill 1, I would kill them all! And not just the men,... but the women.. and the children! HAHAHAHAHa
  9. DarthHomer Force Ghost

star 5
    This argument reminds me of Starship Troopers. Don't believe the mobile infantry propoganda. We started the war, not the bugs :)
  10. WellKnownCharacter Jedi Knight

star 2
  11. SaberGiiett7 Force Ghost

star 6
    I would of killed only those that attacked me as I was leaving.Basicly the men and a few kids that would be stupid enough to come at me Hehehehehehehe!Then i'd leave and stop i'd turn around slowly think about it a few minutes and blast the rest of them away with my lightsaber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. 0Bl-WAN Jedi Knight

star 2
    I would have not only slaughtered the Tuskens in the camp just like Anakin did, but I would have hunted down every single one of them on Tattoine. Genocide.

Another poster said something like, "I'd be a Sith if I had the force." Hehehe. Well, I don't think I'd be a Sith, and for the most part, I'd be a 'good guy.' But anyone that did something terrible would definitely feel my wrath. ...and I would certainly use the Dark Side.
  13. lordmack Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes I would have, since they killed the single most important person in my life. Stupid tuskens!!!!
  14. Tricky Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If I had the force & a lightsaber, I'd kill all the people in my own neighborhood, just cause I could. The Tusken Raiders killed my mom? They'd all be dead AotC novel style, with me force throwing giant boulders onto tents & force grabbing the ones back to me who were trying to run away!

Right now, all I've got is some guns and no force, so the world is safe, for now.
  15. 7mmSTW Jedi Knight

star 1
    Who wants to have a Rugby game with a Tusken Raider's head? Hmm? Hm?

I'M OPEN!!! :D [face_laugh] :D
  16. rsterling78 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Spare the women and children so they can tell other Tusken camps what happens when they kidnap a human.
  17. Unstable_Jedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, I would've left one kid alive to tell the other camps, but I'd have cut his arms off though, because I can. But everything else I would've killed slowly, like cuttin off their legs and arms and stab em in the chest so they lay there and die slowly! Mwahahaha!
  18. steelcat Jedi Knight

I'd kill them. All of them. Hell- whoever said something about killing all the Tuskens, I'm with them.
  19. ferelwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    In answer to the topic. No.

How does Anakin even know if he kills the SPECIFIC Tusken's who kidnapped and tourtured Shimi? Maybe the ones that beat her up were actually out hunting at the time. Surely the entire village couldn't have tortured her. What do children have to do with this....the mind of a child and all. I doubt that toddlers took part in beating-down Ma Skywalker. A true Jedi would've chalked it up to the "will of the Force".

If someone murdered my mother, I'd calculate and plan and make DAMN sure I had the right people responsible for it and bring as much pain as humanly possible to them before I killed them. (I'm not a Jedi, so it cool.) ;) But, I definetly wouldn't go out and slaughter a whole neighborhood because the killers "fit a description". (Yes my friends, Anakin is guilty of Tusken profiling!) ;)

What Anakin does isn't justice. Obviously he killed innocent (realtivly) Tuskens who had NOTHING to do with Shimi's abduction and might not have had any knowledge that she was even in their village. Anakin should've done better detective work, in my real-world opinion. In my SW galaxy opinion, he should've remembered..."there is no emotion" and tried his best to center himself rather than lashing out and destroying. His rage is unproductive, does not bring back his mother, does not bring her killers to justice, and only helps him begin to destroy himself as he moves towards the darkside.

Smooth move E-Lax!! :D
  20. Tricky Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So how would you people do it? Kill the only ones responsible?

Walk up to the 2 Tusken's guarding Shmi's tent & ask them who hurt mommy? Then when they refuse to speak English, what do you do? ;)

21. ferelwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    Uh, he has THE FORCE...right? Shouldn't he be able to SENSE specifically which of these "weak minded" fools killed her?

I suppose we should nuke entire countries because we have a beef with Bid Laden and his buddies, even though we're not sure if they are in said countries?
  22. Tricky Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just like how the JC should be able to sense Darth Sidious, or how the Emperor should be able to sense Luke, or how Darth Vader should be able to sense Leia, etc?

I don't think the force works like that, ferel_wookie.

Are you saying that we didn't basically nuke Afghanistan, even after the people most directly responsible the the WTC disasters died in the plane crashes?
  23. AOTCStarwchic Jedi Master

star 4
    I would have killed the men in a minute.If women were in the way of me killing,then they would have to suffer but not the children.I am known to have a big temper now and again.But I would also try and stay calm,to not let my anger show that way I won't get seduced to the Dark Side.
  24. Darth_Marc Jedi Master

star 1
    The Sand People are scavengers. If I found my Mom in that shape I'd freak out too. I would only take out the men though. I'd let the women and children go. Unless, I sensed a disturbance in the Force from them..... I think I would have been just as upset as Anakin after I slaughtered those anamals, but the circumstances of the current situation wouldn't allow me to dwell on it (my master, Obi-Wan is in big trouble).
  25. rsterling78 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Lets keep in mind that Tatooine is basically like the Wild West. The Hutts run the planet. There are no courts, no police, no law and order, no justice -- except for the frontier kind.

What if Anakin hadn't killed those Tuskens? What if he'd walked away with his mother's corpse and let them be?

Wouldn't this have emboldened them to commit such acts in the future? Didn't killing one camp of Tuskens perhaps save the lives of 10 or 20 other camps who would now think twice before committing a similar atrocity?

The fear of revenge can be a great motivator to act with civility. On Tatooine, it is the only motivator.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.