Would you have wanted a Mace vs. Dooku duel?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by ANAKINSKYWEEZER, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. ANAKINSKYWEEZER Force Ghost

star 3
    After seeing Mace & Dooku's little stand-off in AOTC, I always thought it would be cool to see these two characters go one-on-one in a lightsaber battle somewhere in these prequels; Mace's deadly Vaapad against Dooku's elegant fencing style. Some people suggest it would've been better to have Mace be the one to fight Dooku at the end of AOTC, but I can't imagine replacing Yoda with the other.

So do any of you have any ideas about including a Mace vs. Dooku duel somewhere in the prequels? It can involve plot changes, different story directions, etc. And those who haven't read ROTS spoilers, feel free to write where you think it would be cool to see this in the final film. ;)
  2. CountessYnaAda Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was hoping that in Episode III Dooku and Mace would fight to the death. Either Mace kill Dooku or the other way around. Like a huge fight scene where they have to fight to the best and when the scene gets to the most intense both go in for the kill. They both look down and realize that they've struct one another in the chest. Also Mace would die protecting Yoda. But alas I do like the real scene with Mace in Episode III.

But yes I have thought about it and thought it would have been awesome to see.
  3. Darth-Dispicable Jedi Master

star 4
    I have thought of that possibility as well. It would be cool to see those 2 go at it, maybe we will get to, maybe not. I am sure there will be plenty of other duels to satisfy us.
  4. FORCE-WIELDER1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I would have very much enjoyed seeing a fight between Mace and Dooku.

They are major characters that exemplify both sides of the factions. One being a man that seeks justice and peace. The other a scheming man that cares for nothing but power, and you wouldn't need CGI.

I still loved the fact that Yoda fought. :)
  5. battlewars Jedi Master

star 4
    i thought we would see a major anakin mace fight, its funny to be talking about this film as though it were already out. who remembers just being excited by knowing what the title was nearly 10 months ago?
  6. Doctor_SuperJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    They still would have needed CGI... Dooku's head is not really Dooku's head. It's a CGI cover. The fighter is a stunt double. Unfortunately, Mr. Lee is quite older than he once was. Alas, the days of the Three Musketeers movies he did are gone (and boy was he good in that).

It would have been cool though. While I definitely appreciated Yoda fighting, and wouldn't swap that out for anything, I do kind of wish that Dooku would have fought Mace. Yes, I think the lightsaber battle would have been more visually pleasing, and it would be an ender to the dialogue and visual exchange the two Jedi give each other during the battle. But alas, it became an Anakin/Obi-Wan job.

Part of me wishes Obi-Wan had gotten sidetracked or something, and then have Anakin go off alone for Dooku. Get schooled. Then have Mace show up to the rescue, drive Dooku off or something. Meh, there's a reason I'm not writing this story. :)
  7. michaelbacca Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think that Anakin has to be the one to kill Dooku. I am spoiler free so that is just my opinion not a fact from a spoiler in case anyone was wondering. I do think that it would be cool to see Windu fight Dooku though. I would keep the end of AOTC the way it is. Seeing Yoda fight was pretty cool.
  8. MYMUTHAZ Force Ghost

star 3
    i enjoyed the yoda duel and all, but thinking about it, i'd much rather see mace fight dooku in AOTC & save anakin/obi-wan.
    wait for ROTS to have a yoda duel.
  9. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    It would have been cool.But since we get to see Mace duel in ROTS I don`t mind
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.