main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Would You Leave If Scream Bacame CR?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Count_D, May 25, 2002.

?

Would You Leave If Scream Bacame CR?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes! It Sux to be him!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No! Whatever gave you that idea?

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Boards are not democratic. That is the official stance of the JC. Notihng you want will change that.

Personally, I think this is all stupid. I am *this* close to getting out of here and not returning.

2. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    So then i can say whatever I damn well like about people with no repurcussions, as long as I break no rules?

3. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    seems that way scream

4. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Oh please Syrix.

Take a deep breath and try not to get emotional about this issue.

Craig does not have a right to know who may be offended by his attaining the CRship.

Prime example being that if someone votes YES on the boards, in a fit of pique at someone voting him off the island *gotta love trashy TV*, Craig hacks some mods password, does an IP Search and finds out who it was.

That person has EVERY RIGHT TO PRIVACY!
    If a person wants to remain private, who are you to tell them that they have should or should not have privacy? What right do you have to strip a person's anonymity from them? Where is your mandate from heaven to summarily decide who should and who should not be protected?

Privacy is the most privileged possession any of us can attain in this world.

That is the number one reason why Craig Should NOT KNOW WHO THE PERSON IS.

Do I think Craig would do these things? No, I think Craig is an honourable person.

That does not change my beliefs. To quote Voltare:
    I may not believe agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to do so to the death.

5. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    mods can't tell who voted. i just asked. they're completely anonymous, so that person would stay anonymous.

6. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    [image=http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~dagsym/headbum.jpg]

Sorry, but FF politics makes this seem fitting...

7. Darth-Enigma

Darth-Enigma Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    What is a CR?

What impact would this have / not have on the board?

I never took much notice of this stuff before I began posting. Sorry if this all seems like a bunch of dumb questions....

8. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    Immaterial Maiden Lumpé.

The rights of the individual to Privacy are paramount here.

9. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Geez people, take a chill pill, sit back take a DEEP breath and relax. :eek:

I thought these boards were for people with an interest in all things SW to come chat/discuss, give THERE opinion and debate (in a mature fashion) various aspects of SW. Every now and again a "fun" thread appears and thats good as well, helps to lighten things up. But lately all everyone seems to do is take offense, rip into others opinions as if they were there own and genearlly be pretty darn (damn I wish I could swear here) nasty towards others. :(

IT'S GOTTA STOP!!

EDIT: Nice one Dagsy!{/b] :)

10. Cockatiel

Cockatiel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2002
    If people just considered how their actions (even if to them it's a joke) could hurt others, we'd have a Utopia.

11. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Shadow: i just want some answers. I do not believe shara will give them to me, and unless i message everyone in Fanforce and ask, i have no other recourse.

Again i ask u or, any of the oher nominees: Were u given a talking to explaining why you SHOULDNT be CR?

12. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    Shara is under an obligation NOT to give you those answers Craig. To give you someones name when that individual has expressed that they want to remain nameless would be a callous breach of decorum!

Do they allow Criminals in a line up to see the witness that points them out?
    OF course not!

SAME PRINCIPLE!

13. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    i agree that craig doesn't have to know who the people are. and i'm not suggesting that he find out.

however, i think it's fair for him to know how many there are. shara said there was more than one person (i.e. "these people"). if there was a movement of people that were strongly opposed to my anything i'd want to know how many they were and why they were so against me. i wouldn't have to know who they were.

look, in fanforce i've made some of the best friends i have in australia. you guys mean the world to me. and i think that this drama sucks. however, ignoring it doesn't solve the problem. it will keep poping up, and that won't make for good relations in general. this totally sucks, but i think it's something that needs to be done.

this probably wasn't the best way to do it, but i'm glad it's been brought up. [face_plain]

14. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    This was the most apalling way this could have been brought up Maiden Lumpé.

This could have been done so much more efficiently.

The fact that this was even raised at all I find incredulous.

Screamer has proclaimed that he is NOT standing for CR. So why was this all dredged up again?

15. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    But Shara does know their names - since they told her in the first place. But seriously, I really do question the validity of these claims, and the very tangability of these "people".

Whilst the anonymity of these "people" might be something to be preserved, do you deny Craig the right to know how many? Even on Survivor they are told how many votes they received.

Who am I? What right do I have? I may not have a mandate from Heaven, but as a participating member of this board, I am entitled to voice my opinion, especially in regard to the management of this board. Do you deny me that right? The freedom of speech is a prized possession that many people in this world are often denied.

Scream: I ahve told you myself, but I will say it here. I have not been apporached in an way by Shara in regard to my nomination for CR.

--Syrix
    Callously breaching decorum.
    To quote Dr. Suess, "Do you like green egss and ham?"

16. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Because everyone told me i should Simon.

Literally 12 people asked me within a day of renouncing the nomination. And when i told them, they all thought it was crap.

SHow me a better way to do this dude! Shara gives me no answers, no one else has the guts to say anything to me.

SHould i just have gone on with the knowledge that one of the people I considered to be a close firend actually hates me enough to leave?

And u havent answered; Did u get a "Why u shouldnt be CR speech?"

17. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    This thread is a prime example of why certain people, and NOT JUST THE ONE, shouldn't be our CR.

18. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    Do I deny you the right Syrix??? Excuse me, but how am I suddenly be accused of denying you the right????

Last I checked I was DEFENDING your right for free speach AND Privacy!

Craig, I have not been contacted by Shara about my nomination either way.

The only reason YOU were contacted is because people voiced their concerns over you. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT!

As far as I know, the only problem some people had was with YOU.

Syrix, this is NOT survivor. There is NO REASON why Craig should know how many people object to his presense. ONE person is ENOUGH.

I must seek my bed my friends.

19. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    So Syrix wasnt

Shadow wasnt

Just me.

And incidentally Simon, I wasnt told why at all. When i asked, I was told that was also private.

Sound fair to u

20. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Yeah, I know: I shouldn't be a CR. I like to be controversial. I like topics about tomato sauce. I'm always on the watch for a mod to stuff up (ever read the last line in my sig?). I think that these "people" should make known their true feelings, rather than keep them private, dispite the fact that they are obviously damaging Craig. I callously breach decorum! (well, not really, but I did not have sexual relations with that lemur...)

In short: Vote 1 Syrix_Kahl for CR!

Edit - Sounds to me like it's time to point the accusational finger. How do we know Simon himself didn't express his "concerns", it's certainbly a good way to take your opposition out of the running.

And as for deny the right. You spoke nothing of freedom of speech, you merely taked a quote on the end of your post - and whilst it may be a reflection of your beliefs, it appears to me as a good way to cover your ass in such a touchy topic of debate.

21. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    You all realise that whomever becomes CR will need to build up a good relationship with the RSA?

22. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Craig, I can see just by what is happening here why you and others shouldn't be our CR. This thread has changed my whole outlook as to who I would have voted for when, and if, the time comes.

I really thought that we were a little more mature than the way we are acting at the moment.

PLEASE NOTE:I said WE not you!!

23. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    Yes Craig, I think it is fair :(

That is the heart of the issue. I aggree with the establishment on this one, and you do not :(

24. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Shadow: Fair enough, but since Im not in the minority in this issue, i dont feel like im doin anything wrong.

Look, to be honest I know i wont be CR now. I truly doubt I would have been anyway.

MM; I understand that u feel we're all being childish with this. Perhaps starting this thread was childish. Perhaps this is all a big mistake.

But I needed to know man. I needed to know why someone disliked me enough to go to Shara with something about me, and not me.

Im an honest person. I appreciate being told things to my face. I will tell people if I have a problem with them to thir faces. And I appreciate the same. To me, I feel like someone, who I considered a mate, has gone behind my back and said something about my character to someone else.

And that really upsets me.

The CR job? I personally suspect who will get it, and i think this person would have gotten it even if i HAD run. But the fact I was the ONLY person told that running would ruin Fanforce, then i believe I have the right to be upset.

25. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Ok and I may be wrong but didn't whoever it was just not want you to be CR?

I don't recall seeing any post saying that the person disliked you. (As I said I may be wrong.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.