main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Would You Leave If Scream Bacame CR?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Count_D, May 25, 2002.

?

Would You Leave If Scream Bacame CR?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes! It Sux to be him!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No! Whatever gave you that idea?

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    They said they would leave Fanforce altogether if i became CR>

That seems fairly extreme doesnt it?

2. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    It may seem extreme but it's also that persons priviledge, and lose.

Personally if I was up for CR (and no I don't want the job) and someone said that, it wouldn't stop me from running for the position.

I'm not sticking up for either side here, but if your gonna play politics you gotta stick with your convictions and not bow to the pressure applied by others. It's all part of the 'game'.

I don't beleive Shara should have said anything to any candidate. If people don't want you or anyone as CR they can vote for who they want. Not everyone wanted John Howard as PM but we got him and we have to live with that. So will we once we choose a CR. Whoever gets the job goodluck your gonna need it and for those that don't agree with the decision by the majority, tough that's politics!!

3. Cockatiel

Cockatiel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2002
    Craig, I just want to say that I have been in a similar situation in the past somewhere else, and I know how ***** it is. (only word I can use)

I left the place because of conspirators who would have ruined my chance at something I wanted and earned, and it caused me great pain as at that time in my life I loved that place.

The difference is that I knew who was doing it and had evidence, which I brang up upon my leaving, to which many sympathized, some didn't care, and the conspirators played the "victim" angle.

Today, the conspirators are still there, and the people who sympathized with me, they are also still there conversing with the conspirators as though everything is hunky dory.

There is no loyalty, not in my experience.

I knew who my "enemies" were, you don't, I can't imagine how that feels.

If my conspirators would have come to me in a civilized fashion, things could have been resolved and everything would be truly rectified, and friendship stronger ... yet these people I found out, are uneeded friends anyway, spineless and unloyal.

If your opposers would come to you and end this by laying all their cards on the table about their fears of you being CR, it would end all this.

However if they don't come forward, one can only assume as it happened in my situation, that they cannot be trusted and are uneeded friends. (which is worse if they visit your house)

I don't want to ruffle any feathers here nor make accusations against people I don't know, I'm sure your opposers are not sinister, at least that is what I hope for you.

Perhaps it is ambition, perhaps it is something else that drives them, who knows? (Well Shara does, but it is understandable she cannot violate confidence)

What's the point to my post? Empathy really, with a possible hope for resolution by those people discussing it with you Craig to end this suffering.

I hope my experience has helped you even in the slightest, if for nothing more than knowing that someone else has been down a similar road. :(

Edit: No curses at all.

4. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    [image=http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~ngatran/cheesypic.bmp]

Last and final pic for tonight ;)

Ciao.

5. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Slavey is smarter than all of us i think ;)

Tiel: Thanx for the comments buddy, I appreciate it.

Everyone:
    I don't beleive Shara should have said anything to any candidate. If people don't want you or anyone as CR they can vote for who they want. Not everyone wanted John Howard as PM but we got him and we have to live with that. So will we once we choose a CR. Whoever gets the job goodluck your gonna need it and for those that don't agree with the decision by the majority, tough that's politics!!

'Nuff said

6. Cockatiel

Apr 4, 2002
    Scream, if you agree with that comment (re: john howard) are you saying now that you will put yourself on the list to run for CR and let ffnsw decide?

7. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Scream, what does it say on Slaveys photo I can't open it here at work?

8. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    something like "Why cant we be friends"

Tiel: heh. Sure vote for me if u like. Imagine the hell that would create ;)

9. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    it says

lets all be friends :D

NOTE: no comments about the cheesieness of this picture

10. Cockatiel

Apr 4, 2002
    "Tiel: heh. Sure vote for me if u like. Imagine the hell that would create "

Personally, I'm not voting (unless forced to eg - vote or be banned).

I'm not voting because I have never been to a meet and am only nearly 2 months old in this forum and don't believe my naive imput should determine something that means so much to you guys.

+ It's so hard to vote, how can one make a decision between candidates you really really like, it's like Big Brother nominations.

I was just asking whether you are now putting yourself back in the running, to let the voters decide, as your agreement with the john howard statement made it seem you felt it was the best way.

11. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    For crying out loud. Here's to thinking that maturity could rule in a group of people who are supposed to be friends. What good has been, or could possibly be served by this thread?

I thought that most people would have read what Shara wrote in the CR thread about trying to keep politics out of this.
    Newsflash: there is no power behind this job, and anyone that seems to think that there is is gravely mistaken.

What really is the point of this? Anyone who would have a problem obviously isn't going to come out right and say it since they took the pains to talk privately about it. The only thing that I can see come of this is a case of martyrdom, and vying for non-existant power.

You asked if we will leave if Scream was elected CR. Well I can easily answer that. No, I won't. Because I won't be around here for that to happen. This is the last time that you will see me here in FFNSW. I am sick of having to listen and watch the same kind of idiodicy that pervades the rest of the JC when I come to a place to talk with supposed friends. To some of you, see you around, and talk to you soon. To the rest, the last year has been fun at times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.