would you like a serie set between episode 4 and 5?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by hyperionprime, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperionprime Jedi Master

after season 5 of the clone wars,i think it would be a good time to put aside the serie for a new one,would you like a serie set between a A NEW HOPE and THE EMPIRE STRIKE BACK?

it would great to see han,luke and leia getting cartonized!
    episodes with rogue squadron,piett,dash rendar,xizor,wedge,dodonna,coruscant under emperor reign,tie fighter and x-wing,correllia,sullust,mara jade,talon karrde....

what do you think?

2. DarthPhilosopher Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I would personally rather a series set following Return of the Jedi in complete disregard for the EU in that era... however I doubt that would occur. I would also rather the Live Action 'Dark Times' series in animated form.

I would like to see a series set between A New Hope and the Empire Strikes Back however. What would it be called? Rebellion?
  3. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Between ANH and ESB?- ABSOLUTELY YES!:cool:
  4. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    Star Wars: Galactic Civil War

Hmm... Maybe that's too long.
  5. DarthPhilosopher Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Or maybe just Civil War... but then again how much fighting occurred between episodes IV and V? I had always assumed that up until ROTJ the Rebellion was confined to running and hiding to different bases with seldom strikes against the Empire... with little continuous war. I have always imagined the post-ROTJ to be a much more fascinating war...
  6. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    ESB-crawl says Empire chased rebels across the galaxy- so yes there were not much giant clone wars-style field battles (how many do we even see in TCW? Not many) but plenty of commandomissions, sabotage, fleet battles, narrow escapes, spying missions, prison breaks- TCW's citadel trilogy is pretty much like TGCW could be- actually TCW has too much rebels vs. Empire kind of stuff with few clones and jedi against massive droidarmy.....There is plenty of stuff possible to put between ANH and ESB no problem- it would be different war but sure there would be battles both in space and on planets even big ones between Empire and not only rebel alliance but rebellious locals supported by rebels- of course Empire should really be overpowering so more narrow escapes than actual victories.....

Yet most TCW-battles could work as Civil War battles there is no such a big scale- actually if there is just few million clones- civil war was bigger war altogether.....

Rogue Squadron also would be nice name era would have a lot of spaceaction.....

Post-ROTJ lacks Vader and Emperor so it's not really that interesting IMO since real Empire is dead- it's just a remnant there.....
  7. Super_Battle_Droid Force Ghost

star 5
    No, but 3 & 4 definately.

Star Wars: The Dark Times or Star Wars: The Great Jedi Purge
  8. Loupgarou Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Star Wars:Civil War would be great. Classic star wars interpreted through a modern lens and style, a much needed break from the prequel-era blitz.

However, a Dark Times series is far more likely. Aside from the fact that it was almost made and still might be made, it's an era that Lucas seems very interested in and has proven popular in books and video games (Force Unleashed? Although i'm thinking a little after that).

I personally want both, but you can't have everything.

I also think a New republic show could be awesome too, taking place right after ROTS. I'd want it to take the world and characters of things like the Thrawn Trilogy, but not necessarily the story. Perhaps it could follow other people as to not mess with canon.
  9. Asharak Force Ghost

star 4
    It would be really nice to have a series set after ROTJ. Assuming they ignore the EU we could get a series that didn?t suffer from knowledge of what comes afterwards. That?s probably the one thing holding TCW back.

I would be extremely happy with a show sett between the OT movies also. It would be great to see Luke growing in power in between ESB and ROTJ.

I?m pretty certain that we will get another Star Wars series after TCWs is done. They have spent way too much time and money building animation models to just throw it all away.
  10. DarthPhilosopher Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    In my opinion, of all the eras which need a good Lucas clean-up, the convoluted post-ROTJ era is definitely the most in need in my opinion. Although it won?t happen, since they would work to preserve the EU of the era, I think a series with a ?D-Day to Berlin? vibe would be incredible.

I have personally always envisaged a Coruscant at the end of the war in the same state as Berlin in 1945; completely greyed with soot and dust, covered and smoke and rubble, with landmarks like the Senate Building, Executive Building and Imperial Palace mere scorched shells as busts of the Emperor lay littered in the rubble. I imagine Republic troops climbing through the interior rubble of the Senate building to see the Rotunda Chamber decimated, the ?Chancellors? podium collapsed to one side and with it all being bathed in natural light from the bombed out roof. All whilst troops walk through the ?Chancellors? office in the same ?mystical criminal? atmosphere as Allied troops would have entering Hitler?s Berghof and Eagles Nest. It would be a fitting end to the 'degeneration' and crime against the democratic system...

Anyway, that?s what I would like to see illustrated.
  11. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    Post-ROTJ looks very very unlikely since GL has said after Anakin's and Palpatine's death there is no story to tell -big saga ended i find it bit odd he sees it so Anakincentered now - there is Luke, New Republic, new jedi order etc. but looks like GL's personal interest ends to ROTJ...... but anyway i'm not very interested in that era really ANH-ESB would be best imo- something from Dark Times is coming anyway that's almost sure- Shadows of the Empire is already made for EU- it's only one year and without Han Solo so not really interesting but ANH-ESB series could also show sometimes stories from that era as well....
  12. ILuvJarJar Force Ghost

star 6
    Absolutely. It would be aweome if they followed the same animation style as TCW.

Rouge Squadron.=P~

The Millennium Falcon =P~

Adult Boba Fett =P~
  13. DarthPhilosopher Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    The reason George says there is no story is because the Saga is now solely the story of Anakin Skywalker, the Tragic Hero, with Luke serving as a device in the second half to drive the overarching story of Anakin/Vader. Once ROTJ ends the overall point and story of the Saga itself has been finished ? Anakin Skywalker has fulfilled his prophesied destiny, the Sith have been destroyed and Anakin as restored balance to the Force. Obviously there is story to tell, just not the story of the Star Wars Saga, which is why the post-ROTJ era would be suited to filling in the gap of how the Republic returned and how the Empire was finally destroyed from the ?Stalingrad? (Endor) of the Civil War.

But I don?t mind if they don?t delve into that era... since I already have my own ideas which occur from ROTJ to the Yuuzhan Vong War...

On a side note, the post-ROTJ series which has been announced isn?t canonical is it?
  14. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    I don't want Boba Fett-centered show but Boba would of course be recurring villain like Bossk, Dengar, Zuckuss.... maybe even Aurra Sing haha or old Hondo..
  15. Sgt Crowfield Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, I'd like to see a series taking place between episodes 4 and 5 or between 5 and 6 ... as long as it featured Stormtroopers. Many, many, many Stormies.
    I instantly fell in love with these guys when watching the first movie in a theater back in '77, and it hasn't changed since. The only feature of the whole SW universe (EU included) receiving about the same amount of love from me are the clones (says a 44-years-old mom whose sonny is a Jedi lover).
  16. Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod

star 5
    Boy... we might as well make a sticky thread about wanting a Classic Trilogy series. One of these pops up every other month.

You'd think LucasFilms would notice...
  17. FistoFan93 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    No wishes for such a serie as I find the clone war much more interesting. For me this show could run for 10 seasons.
  18. IG_2000 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm 90% sure that when this series is over and ANH is in theatres again, we'll get a Star Wars: Rogue Squadron animated series.
  19. Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes we have to see how the Rebellion was fought. The rebellion war looks like nothing compared to the clone wars. Also we can see the big three again, and only way you will see it is in cartoon form. This doesn't have to be a long running series, just a couple seasons, but the storyline should be a lot tighter then the Clone Wars.
  20. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    Absoulutely, but from epside 4 to epsiode 6. The Civil War. I also don't beleive that the clone wars should end with season 5. It should end with season 6 or 7, which would lead right to the release of ROTS in 3-D. It would be wise to have this series straight through the prequel 3-D run.
  21. Sock2008 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I wouldn't, because there is so much material already placed in there and based on TCW, I know that existing material wouldn't be respected.
  22. Krueger Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I?ve been thinking this for a while now. I think there?s great potential for a Clone Wars-esque series set between ANH and TESB. There?s a lot of vacant space left to be filled in that period.
  23. Redfivee Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I want 2 different series in the same style of The Clone Wars set between EP1-EP2 and EP3-EP4.
    The first being EP1-EP2.This way we can see Obi-Wan training little Anakin and have multiple story Arcs that deal with The other Jedi Knights.This way we can get really get into the history of The Jedi Council as well as the upbringing of Anakin.
    The second is an Animated Dark Times.I want Ahsoka to survive TCW and Order 66 then have her be the main character with Quinlan Vos and Shaak Ti.Plus of coarse it can also be about Darth Vader and The Emperor along with Tarkin constructing The 2 Death Stars and hunting down The Jedi with Bounty Hunters.Maybe even have Cad Bane survive TCW and throw him in there.
  24. KelDorMaster Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think these are both great ideas however I really think the best option would be an episode between episodes 4 and 5. It would be a fresh new take, with a whole new cast (but with some characters from this show) and it takes place during the same amount of time. At the beginning of Empire Strikes Back it really seems like the characters have grown and there isn't much source material for that time period. I think it would be the best decision Lucasfilm has made in a while and would introduce new fans not only to the prequel era but to the originals as well. Hmm...would be interesting if Luke met a Jedi during this time and that Jedi died (obviously to keep in line with Yoda's "last of the Jedi" line in ROTJ). Maybe Quinlan Vos? Because they'd need to get some lightsaber action in there :p But it would be neat because it wouldn't be in every episode, it would be a rare treat. Man thinking about this gets me so excited...
  25. Swashbucklingjedi Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 5
    TPM-AOTC really is not very interesting era- it's mainly political intrigue between growing number of Seppies, Republic and Trade Federation- Obi-Wan and little Anakin...however some cool bounty hunter-stories would be nice though- Jango, Zam, Hondo and Aurra together working on some job?

ANH-ESB-ROTJ that's a great era- would be lovely to see some continuity with TCW too- rebels have old Y-wings so why not old Venators/Acclamators/Munificents/Lucrehulks/ARC-170s/AAT-tanks/LAATS(like in bf2) old stuff from The Clone Wars repainted with rebelcolors- what about same characters- Bail, Dodonna and many fought in the Clone Wars so what if we would see some other veterans like Mar Tuuk as rebel general?[face_laugh] his picture was in TFU2 as separatist warcriminal so i guess he is dead then but would be awesome....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.