main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you like another Star Wars movie?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by TheBoogieMan, Oct 17, 2006.

?

Would you like another Star Wars movie?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes, based on the EU

41.1%
  2. Yes, based on new material

13.9%
  3. No

34.4%
  4. I don't mind

7.9%
  5. Other

2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Yes, based on the EU

2. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Oh yeah, there are some great authors in the FanFic, who uber-pwn George. :p

3. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Nah. I'm still trying to forget the last three.

4. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    No, the saga of Anakin Skywalker has been told. It's enough.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Yes. New material. Nothing from the EU. Go way into the past or way into the future. I doubt we'll see anymore SW films though.

6. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Other than the Zahn trilogy, I wouldn't mind going way back in time to the formation of the Sith and Jedi Order. That would be very cool.

7. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Yes. KOTOR has potential as a film if done properly.

8. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm really surprised that 'No' is winning. I thought 'Yes' would win by a mile.

9. Sith_Holocron_keeper

Sith_Holocron_keeper Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2005
    I would love to see another movie, but we are at the threshold 2 TV Series. That should satisfy the geekish hunger within us all.

10. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    My thoughts exactly.

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Yes, I'd love to see some of the EU books made into movies. The X-Wing series, the Thrawn series . . . Crystal Planet :p

12. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002

See, I expected the exact opposite... Weird.

13. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Yeah, pre-prequel films would be certainly interesting. :) Maybe from the time of the great Jedi-Sith war and when the prophecy about the Chosen One was made...

14. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    No, I wouldn't. I'd like the EU, at least, to remain undefiled.

I'm also hoping that sometime in the future, Lucas decides to do the reverse to the PT what he did to the OT: take out all the SFX and add a story :p

15. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I was tempted to say 'no' as I'm not sure I could stomach another 9 years of incessant complaining.
    Also, I'm very satisfied with the 6 we have now. The overarching story is quite nice I think.
    Still, I think the only reason why Lucas would make another (or let someone else) is because he somehow has more story to tell. That I wouldn't mind.
    Plus, ultimately I can just stop coming here (and have in the past) when the complaining got to be too much (I believe the most recent culprit was a thread which claimed the PT was less than the OT because Hayden and Natalie were good-looking whereas Mark and Carrie were 'normal').

16. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Definitely not based on EU...I don't like the EU but that's not the reason I don't want an EU film. The fact is, most people don't have a clue who Mara Jade is, or that Chewbacca died, or that the Emperor cloned his body (worst story ever) etc etc etc. To make a movie based around events that the general public doesn't have a clue about isn't gonna work.

That includes the old era (KOTOR etc) especially since the movies contradict the EU about the formation of the Republic and history of the Sith etc.

I would like Star Wars to remain as is...a series of six movies, however I wouldn't mind a prequel to the saga (don't call it Star Wars though) set a thousand years before TPM with the Jedi's war to free the galaxy from Sith rule, leading to the formation of the Republic.

17. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    I d liked some EU Material on celluid I guess Harrison is the perfect age for the newest part eh?

Bu it could also be cartoon, If it doesnt look like the clonewars cartoon ;P

18. __Vader__

__Vader__ Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2005
    I'd love a movie based on EU material, I don't mind what, as long as it is a part of the Star Wars Universe.

19. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    I think it'd be fun to see stories made from some of the novelizations (Shadows of the Empire would have been awesome) but a lot of them would be impossible to do now since people have grown up/died/etc. :(

20. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I would love to see a EU based movie.

21. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I'd say Yes for the fun and love factor. I would love to see another Star Wars movie, based off EU or not. Simply because I think it would be fun. The only problem with basing it off the EU is the fact, as DV said, that nearly all of them include main characters such as Luke and Leia etc. And you don't have the actors for that these days. That said, the X-Wing series would be prime books for movies then.

But I'd still agree with Boogie and the others that someone other than George needs to do them.

22. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    No. Virtually none of the EU material would work as films.

23. Boba16

Boba16 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2006
    Ha, I love when someone believes everything that present-day Lucas says. This 'tragedy of Anakin Skywalker' malarky was just a cover so Lucas didn't have to do any movies, but if you dig deep in the Lucas-quote archive, he will always contradict:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Once Upon A Galaxy: A Journal of The Making of ?The Empire Strikes Back?
    Alan Arnold. Sphere Books Ltd 1980

pages 244-248

MARIN COUNTY, CALIFORNIA

Monday, October 29 [1979]

AA: Tell me more about the overall concept of the Star Wars saga.
    GL: There are essentially nine films in a series of three trilogies. The first trilogy is about the young Ben Kenobi and the early life of Luke's father when Luke was a little boy. This trilogy takes place some twenty years before the second trilogy which includes Star Wars and Empire. About a year or two passes between each story of the trilogy and about twenty years passes between the trilogies. The entire saga spans about fifty-five years.

AA: How much is written?
    GL: I have story treatments on all nine. I also have voluminous notes, histories, and other material I?ve developed for various purposes. Some of it will be used, some not. Originally, when I wrote Star Wars, it developed into an epic on the scale of War and Peace, so big I couldn't possibly make it into a movie. So I cut it in half, but it was still too big, so I cut each half into three parts. I then had material for six movies. After the success of Star Wars I added another trilogy but stopped there, primarily because reality took over. After all, it takes three years to prepare and make a Star Wars picture. How many years are left? So I'm still left with three trilogies of nine films. At two hours each, that?s about eighteen hours of film!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't state as fact that the story is over, cause our beloved creator had a different take when making the OT movies, and curious enough he never mentions once in this interview of the story of Darth Vader. I don't mind Lucas saying he didn't want to do anymore SW movies, cause he has to have some life outside SW, but for him to say to Leslie Stahl on 60 Minutes last year, "9 films was always this media myth." I wonder why he constantly needs to lie?

24. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    I don't know. Nothing pre-TPM or post-ROTJ. I think the best bet for a new film would be a SW Episode 2.5. I feel we didn't get to see much of the Clone Wars with it starting at the end of AOTC and ending around the middle of ROTS. I think a movie based on Obi Wan and Anakin's adventures through the Clone Wars would be cool, but this would only be acceptable if every actor agreed to do another film. More stuff from Dooku and GG could be seen and more battles from around the galaxy. I've always wanted to see a battle on Kamino on the big screen. A droid attack on the cloning facilities would be great, as would a Dooku/Windu duel. I think that idea would only help the story by making all the characters deeper, showing more of Palpatine's manipulation of Anakin and his anguish over being seperated from Padme.

I'm not really interested in seeing any stories before or after the saga we have now.

25. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    I would like some stuff on the Solos, there is so much material that could be put on the big screen there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.