main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you like another Star Wars movie?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by TheBoogieMan, Oct 17, 2006.

?

Would you like another Star Wars movie?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes, based on the EU

41.1%
  2. Yes, based on new material

13.9%
  3. No

34.4%
  4. I don't mind

7.9%
  5. Other

2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ani_Lover

Ani_Lover Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2005
    Yes. :)

EU or new material....doesn't matter, as long as it's done right.

2. piratedreamer

piratedreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2006
    EU would be awesome, because I never did buy that the entire saga was about Anakin; I want to see more on the far more lovable characters (ie: Han, Leia, and Luke). but they're all probably too old...

3. jedi-master-anikinrl

jedi-master-anikinrl Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2006
    I belive there should be more star wars movies becuase later on Leia and Han get married and have kids. Luke turns to the dark side of the force and one of the kids rebuild the Empire.

4. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I've pretty much decided that the PT is nice and a lot of fun but really superfluous and separate from the OT, which is the heart of the whole thing, so I wouldn't mind more films along those same lines. I wouldn't be sad if they didn't happen, either, though. I'd surely go see more movies, but I'm not totally gung-ho for it.

If there were to be more movies, however, I'm adamant that they should respect the existing EU. Maybe not adapt it, but certainly not contradict it, and working in some of the existing EU material would be good. I'd probably see it anyway, but I'd complain a lot about a movie that went blatantly against the established EU, and would be downright angry if they tried to retcon the EU to compensate as opposed to just ignoring the new movie and going on.

-Paul

5. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
  6. SueAsideRide

SueAsideRide Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 5, 2000
    No more, thanks. We barely scraped through the PT. Thankfully ROTS made up for TPM.

7. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    No. The Saga is complete, let it stay that way.

8. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Yes, based on new material.

Anyone who said no should go watch Star Trek.

One story was completed, the story of Anakin Skywalker but there's millions of other stories to be told in that particular galaxy..
    But hey.. maybe you're right... let it die apart from living in our memories.

:rolleyes:

9. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    No because the only character I'm really, really intrested in is Luke and no one else can be Luke except Luke so no other actors!!!

10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    No, no, no, no.

Leave well enough alone. As it is, the series (though admitedly flawed at different points in both the PT and OT) as it stands tells one epic story about the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker, and all the people and places and events that encompasses.

We don't need any more and I don't want any more. TV? Fine.

-sj loves kevin spacey

11. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Absolutely not. We didn't even need the prequel trilogy.

12. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

What he said -- that would rock.

13. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    No, because I can't help but feel we'd be let down. Particularly if it was based off the Zahn trilogy- with the Big Three returning, expectations would be ten times as high as they were for the Prequels.

14. obiwankenobilover

obiwankenobilover Jedi Master star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    NO!! The Saga is complete lets leave it.

15. Jensaarai1219

Jensaarai1219 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Agree and agree but I'd also like to see NJO, though that would be a big project and would probably make a better long running television series.

16. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Yes, based on new material

17. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I was thinking about this when the books were coming out. You know the way the NJO was originally supposed (but ultimately failed) to be structured so that those just wanting the big story only had to read the hardbacks, and the paperbacks were for everyone who wanted the whole story and was interested in every detail of the situation? I think the NJO should be done as a movie/TV hybrid. You do perhaps three movies (VP, SbS, and TUF really are the high points of the series in terms of overall plot, and definitely need film versions, while other books don't appear to need the movie vehicle as strongly), not exactly corresponding to the books but jammed together in such a way that anyone who just goes and watches these three (or however many) movies gets the crucial story. Then, you do all the material is on television. You structure these so that the TV material between each movie is roughly the equivalent of one season (or two or however many), and then you bring the movie out in the break between seasons. The space between each hardback was supposed to be about a year, so if you could plan this arc to run five years from first movie to last movie, you could do it in a vague approximation of real time, too, which would be cool. But I'm convinced the movie/TV hybrid model is the best way to do justice both to the scope and importance of the NJO and to the sheer breadth of material that's there.

-Paul

18. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I would've said no, but then I saw the option for based on the EU. If there was another movie, I wouldn't want it to be anything else than compliant with already established EU.

19. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I would like to see another Star Wars movie based on both EU and new Material. The new Material can be far into the past and far into the future.

20. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    It really depends, but I'm leaning heavily towards "no."

21. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    Oh, hell yeah! Based on the Expanded Universe of ocurse! I always wanted to see a movie from Yoda: Dark Rendezvous or Darth Bane: Path of Destruction.

22. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    No.

A TV series based on new material is the best way to expand the franchise, as is an animated series on what we didn't see during the Clone Wars. Any more silly attempts to bring the Skywalker family back to the big screen just wouldn't seem right at all. Six is more then enough. I guess, however, it all depends on how well the next two projects turn out.

23. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Yes, based on the EU.

24. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    No, not another movie.

A TV-series is a different matter. That format could be used to tell stories between for example ep 3 and 4.

25. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    No. If they did, I hope it would be on new material, I don't really like much of the EU. Like others, I think a T.V. show is the best way to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.