London, ON Would you like the TFN "Latest Headlines" to be removed from the bottom of this page?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lelila, Apr 24, 2003.

?

Would you like the TFN "Latest Headlines" to be removed from the bottom of this page?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2003.
Yes. 5 vote(s) 50.0%
No. 1 vote(s) 10.0%
Don't Care. 4 vote(s) 40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
  2. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    I was very upset to see a serious spoiler headline in the "Latest Headlines" section on the bottom of this forum page. I emailed TFN and they emailed me back, they are unwilling to stop posting spoilers as headlines because they say that it is not a spoiler if it comes from the official site. I, and others, are trying to avoid spoilers, and David (Poobah) tells me he has figured out a way to remove the whole box from the page. I figured it should be put to vote before I ask him to do this.

Can everyone please vote on the matter? If it is important to enough people, we can leave it up.

I ask that:
    (1) Only those for which London is a primary forum vote (just the Rogues)

(2) Please vote in the poll, and then post your vote in the thread as well, so we know that no one is voting who shouldn't.

Thanks guys! Love you!

(Of course, my vote is "yes")
  3. SarahSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes please. I'd like to keep up with you all, so don't want to stop posting.
    Besides, it doesn't have to be here, you can always just go straight to tfn's homepage.
  4. Wolf Jedi Master

star 4
    Hell yes,

Lausy Spoiler

"He spoiled me didn't he precious"
  5. The_Last_Warrior Jedi Knight

star 2
    LOL Matt. I'm sorry. Debbie told me what happened to you....that really sucks.

Edit: I voted 'yes'. Personally, it makes little difference to me, but I know there are those whom it really bothers. Just in support of them, plus I'm *trying* to go spolier free....let's see if it happens...

6. Primrodo Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't really mind it...but can't you guys just not look?

Eitherway its no big deal to me. I sometimes catch an interesting article I would have normally missed otherwise :)
  7. Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Yes, and the mailing list thing too.
  8. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Really, I didn't even notice it was there. I voted that I don't care. Since I've never looked at it, it doesn't really matter to me if it's there or not.
  9. Yebbed-Crage Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, quick responses! Okay...7/9 of us have voted so at this stage "no" can't overtake "yes" even if the others vote no. I'll look into getting it removed.

I just really like to use my scroll button to see the whole page, so I always wind up looking!
  11. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    Just so you know...
    Removing it is something that is beyond my "power". That request would have to go higher up the chain.
  12. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
  13. TheGrandePoobah Jedi Master

star 4
    AT_60:
    > Yes, and the mailing list thing too.

When I was testing my code that does this I was actually looking into removing the ad box, and all the boxes at the bottom of the page. I'd have to look again to check which ones I can remove individually and which come as a 'package deal'

YJN:
    > Just so you know...
    > Removing it is something that is beyond my "power".

"If only you knew the true power of the dark side..."

Not really Chris, you just have to know how to apply your powers. ;-) It can be done via changes to the style sheet.

---

To all:
    I can actually set up something that allows each one of you to choose for yourself if you'll see those boxes, and also to control the look of the forum. Right now it only works for Toronto, but your board chould be changed to reference the same style sheet.

Try it out for Toronto's Forum at:

http://www.thetorontoline.com/style/

(Note: Right now it just does colours etc. I plan to add the headlines box removal thing soon)
  14. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4

It's not that bad... I've gotten used to it.
  15. TheGrandePoobah Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I've finally done some work on this, and I've got something that works in Netscape (7 at least) but I'm not sure about IE yet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.