main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you like to do a Round Robin starring Threepio? Come in!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Azeria_Jade, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Hello all! I posted a call for a co-writer a little while ago, I can't do this myself I have so many ideas clogging my brain. :D So, I thought I'd make this RR (it would get it out of my head at least.)

My idea is that while on a diplomatic mission with Han and Leia to a newly discovered world, Threepio is capture by a rouge scientist who experiments in combining mechanical and organic parts. This scientist is intrigued by Threepio because he has never encountered a droid with such a developed personality. For some reason, Leia and Han are forced to flee the world. Time passes, and they return, perhaps with Luke this time. They then encounter a strange, slightly familiar young human male.

Presenting...

"HUMANIFIED"

Let the suggestions begin!

2. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    I'll help out! I read before, and if it's a RR, I'm ok with it, relieves a little of the 'have to post' stress!

3. Darth_Silenous

Darth_Silenous Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    oooohh...

Maybe, after creating Threepio, the rouge scientist is discovered and guards take custody of Threepio, convinced that he is simply a normal person who the good doctor has simply brainwashed. Discovering his proficiency in language, they(the leaders of this planet) decide to use him as an interpretor, despite misgivings over his sanity...(umm, well, not really. I'm rambling)

question: does Threepio keep his memory?

Anyway, eventually our heroes, L, L, and Han (along with Artoo! Artoo has to be here) figure out what these strange beings are really doing, and also come to the realization that their oddly familiar interpretor is a new incarnation of their former protocol droid, determining to rescue him and save the planet...

...and to do so, they end up having to use Threepio's help...coming to the point where they realize that he is no longer simply a droid....and cannot be turned off by the flick of a switch...

You know, this could get really dramatic. Threepio learning what being a real human is about - and not from these strange aliens ( they have to be distant from him, because it would be more fun to see Threepio learn from his old friends) ... I can just see it...

Okay, enough from me. I simply ramble too much these days *sighs* :)

4. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Hey! That's all really good!

I actually got the idea while reading a NJO book, I can't quite remember which one... But anyway, he was thinking about immortality, since the Vong despise machines, it got him thinking about death. After I read the passage it struck me how 'human' that was, and well....

:D

~ Jay

P.S. I'm putting up the first post in the Fanfiction Forum.

5. Darth_Silenous

Mar 21, 2002
    Neat-o. Actually, I know this is sad, but I have this urge to see him cry, just so he knows how human it is to have emotion, to feel, to touch, to be affected by something, to (umm.. well maybe not) love...

okee...Sil is crazee. I'm off to search for your first post... :)

6. Darth_Silenous

Mar 21, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.