main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Would you like to see another character of the same species as Yoda in the new trilogy?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Nadoy, Jan 27, 2014.

?

Would you like to see another character of the same species as Yoda in the new trilogy?

Poll closed Mar 27, 2014.
  1. Yes

20.6%
  2. No

55.6%
  3. Maybe

23.8%
  1. Nadoy

Nadoy Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2014
    Serious Poll:
    Would you like to see another character of the same species as Yoda in the new trilogy?

2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    No, leave Yoda as a rare species, and retain his mystery IMO.

3. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    I want to see YODA in the new trilogy. Ohhh....hesa all sparkly glowy.

It might confuse a casual viewer to see a character that looks like Yoda but is NOT Yoda.

4. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I wouldn't be opposed to such an occurrence, I liked seeing Yaddle during the PT. I'm curious to know what planet their species hails from, but I don't think this trilogy will focus on Yoda or his species at all. It would be cool to see Yoda again, conversing with Luke and offering the wisdom that comes with living for 900 years.

Nadoy likes this.
  5. Nadoy

Nadoy Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2014
    Why not both? It is a given that we will see force ghost Yoda in Episode 7, we saw him at the end of 6.

How about Yoda's son? Who could be from 60 to 700+ years of age by then, AND blue-glowey Yoda on screen at the same time to make it simple for people to understand? Blue-glowey Yoda could even tell Luke and the other characters about his child's backstory. Here is a serious post about a possible backstory for him/her: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/what-if-yoda-and-yaddle-had-a-child.50017993/
    But then again, Star Wars is all about the casual viewer and not the die hard fans that wait in line for days to buy tickets and see the movie over and over and over again...

Skywalker Thing and Mr. K like this.
  6. Nadoy

Nadoy Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2014
    I agree, I am not opposed to it either, although I would like them to save it to the end of 9 if they are in deed going to make 10, 11, and 12. The age of his species is perfect for allowing them to fit it in if they need/want to. Watch out mentioning Yaddle, I made a serious post about them and it was locked in 10 minutes flat.: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/what-if-yoda-and-yaddle-had-a-child.50017993/

7. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I will heed your warning, but because I never got to post in that thread...in the hypothetical event a child had happened, I think he/she could have been named Yodel.

Nadoy likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    There needs to be an evil character from Yoda's species at least once.

dolphin and Nadoy like this.
  9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I remember when I was younger and picturing a whole Yoda species council that led the Jedi Order, but I pictured them being discrete on some forgotten world where they were the last of their kind, too.

10. Nadoy

Nadoy Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2014
    Thank you so much, I knew there were serious minded people out there with adult mentalities. The name doesn't have to have a Y, like Yodan or Yadlen or Yodor, just something good. I would edit that post if I could now. The mod told me that if enough people would like to discuss it in a serious manner it might be re-opened, so here's hoping.

11. Nadoy

Nadoy Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2014
    I agree, wouldn't that be pretty freakin awesome to learn that an evil-yoda-species character has been controlling the dark side events all the way up to episode 9, or from 9 to 12?

purplerain likes this.
  12. Nadoy

Nadoy Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2014
    This could be explored also, there is so much unknown about Yoda's race and would make for a great story in the right setting.

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Nadoy : First, that's enough references/links to the oh-so-unfairly locked thread. Second, please use your Edit function to add to your posts instead of making multiple back-to-back posts (which is considered spamming). Welcome to the boards.

14. Nadoy

Nadoy Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2014
    Okay gotcha, sorry I got carried away I was only responding to a new post every time, only once did I respond to the same user but I responded to that same user's separate post, which I thought was allowed. My window showed a post from a new person, then my response, a post from a new person, my response, now it shows 3 back to back responses from me to all new seperate responses. I am on a slow wireless connection. I am new to the forums and have used forums to read about things but I haven't really gotten deep into using them to discuss and write back that much. Thanks for the welcome and I think I may really like it here.

EHT likes this.
  15. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I think they can have a character from the same spiecies and still keep the mystery. No need to give away where they are from, and only make it a single character.

Nadoy likes this.
  16. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    No, I didn't even like Yaddle (or whatever) being included. I like Yoda being one of a kind.

Beezer likes this.
  17. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I've always thought that the mystery of Yoda's species was a bit of a non-mystery, and one that I would have no problem with them lifting the veil on. That said, I'm not really sure how I'd feel about another major character of his species in this saga. On one hand, I think his presence will be missed in this trilogy (even if he shows up as a ghost, I don't expect we'll get much of him), but on the other hand, a different character who looks like him might make his absence all the more noticeable.

Nadoy likes this.
  18. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Yeah, no... seeing them everywhere in KotOR and TOR was a bit overkill... worse they where all Yoda archtypes

If they are to use one, at least make it far younger and/or not force sensitive and be its own character... I could live with that

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope we get to see Yoda's cousin from New York, Yadda the Taxi Driving Magician of the Bronx.

20. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    It depends on how they do it. Yaddle is interesting because we learn next to nothing about her. Having them all over the place in TOR took away from the mystery.

Nadoy likes this.
  21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Maybe this was the case a thousand years before the Prequels...I don't know.

22. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Maybe Yaddle and Yoda had a child named Yodel. Calling it!!! New animated Disney series following the wacky adventures of Yodel

23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    The problem with Yaddle, and the other twenty alien races Lucas decided to use and re-use in his movies, is that it made them seem too common and not as interesting as they were before. Either the Galaxy isn't that rich with many different alien races, or Lucas got careless and didn't bother having his creative deptartment design a lot more.

dolphin likes this.
  24. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    If only Yoda hadnt said to Luke....The last of the jedi will you be.
    Next thing you know theres Jedi children and a whole new jedi academy. Its kinda irksome that Yoda is wrong - but everyone and their mother is hell bent on making sure theres force sensitive bad guys/good guys in the new trilogy.
    If luke goes to Yoda world and finds a force powerful yoda..then that just weakens yoda IMO.

that said...when i was a child i had an whole army of yoda figures...one of them was called corn squeezins yoda...then there was cop yoda, dance yoda, cowboy yoda....well u get the picture....

Edit..i just forgot what Yoda said afterwards..."pass on what you have learned"...so my point is moot...sigh.

25. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Ya, Lets see a group of them show up and drag a dead sith into the fog, Predator 2 style