main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you like to see Jar Jar return in Episode III with a larger role?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by ST-TPM-ASF-TNE, Jul 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    In AOTC Jar Jar only appears for two minutes at best, with only a few lines of dialogue. Some people loved this, some people wished he would have been given a bigger role in AOTC.

Episode III will no doubt be the darkest of all the SW films. Anakin turns to the darkside, the jedi purge will be shown (most likely), and there's all kinds of theories on how/or will characters will die, like Padme or Mace and so on.

With all that, would you want to see that lovable and goofy gungan have more screen time in Episode III? I say yes.

Jar Jar had a large role in TPM, and a small role in AOTC. Considering his overall importaince to the TPM story, and his importaince to the saga (him voting Palpatine emergency powers in AOTC), I think he'll need to be featured more in Episode III before we finally end the saga. Personally, I think this would be a good idea. With Episode III so dark, he'll really lighten up the mood, just as long as he doesn't overdo it.

And while I'm on the subject, I am convinced we'll never see Jar Jar die. It's just not likely to happen.

ST

2. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    "Some people loved this, some people wished he would have been given a bigger role in AOTC."

Really? That's one I haven't heard...

Jar Jar will inevitably return, but I don't think he will play a particularly significant role. There are just too many other relationships between other characters to focus on first.

But it would be nice to see him a bit more mature.

3. 5darth2maul1

5darth2maul1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    TPM = Too much Jar-Jar and my least favorite SW movie

AOTC = Very Little Jar-Jar and my favorite SW movie

Episode III = Hopefully even less Jar-Jar and my new favorite SW movie

521 :)

4. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

Jun 27, 2001
    Yes, it is true. Some people do like Jar Jar, and wish he would have had a larger role in AOTC :D

ST

5. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    Actually I think that it would be really cool if Jar Jar would be able to pull off something heroic...and when I say heroic I don't mean idiotic heroic...I mean REAL heoric...like being responsible for saving the twins or something like that...

6. YodaJediMaster12

YodaJediMaster12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 26, 2002
    Would I like to see even more of that wonderful gungan?!? Absolutly...

not :)

7. There_IS_no_Conflict

There_IS_no_Conflict Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    "With all that, would you want to see that lovable and goofy gungan have more screen time in Episode III?"
    No, but I would like more threads like this with such nice remarks about Jar Jar.
    I dislike him that much that your post just made me smile, and a lot.. I mean it is REALLY funny!! It's like calling DrEvil resourceful, I don't know!!!
    Keep loving him, and we'll still be here saying "SAY NO TO JAR JAR"

8. eguang

eguang Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Much larger!, definitely. I wan Jar Jar to be in the largest explosion ever shown in a SW movie!

9. Boba_Phat

Boba_Phat Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2000
    Sure, but for nothing longer than his time in Episode II.

10. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I would.

I believe that there is still more that can be done in Episode III to show his faults and screwups getting the best of him. What he did in Episode II was well-handled and totally in character. If we can see his further "downfall" (as it were) in III, great.

Rick McCallum loves you!

11. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I like the Jar Jar character but I see him having an even lesser role. He did his part in inadvertantly creating the Empire just like Jango did with the StormTroopers and Lucas will just move the story along and focus on the dark path...

12. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    The less of Jar Jar, the better, as far as I'm concerned, but it does make sense storywise that we need to see some sort of closure with the character since he's nonexistant in the OT. I bet he'll have a little more screen time in III, probably alongside Padme, but much less than TPM.

13. tabbafett

tabbafett Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2001
    I could care less one way or the other. However George has everything planned is AOK with me. I just want my Star Wars movie.

14. Hatter

Hatter Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    I'm a Jar Jar fan, and it bothers me to think that his reduced role in AotC was due, in part, to the masssive backlash against him after TPM. I wish he had had a bigger role in AotC, and hopefully he'll have more screentime in III.

15. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Actually, i thought he was very well done in AOTC. It wasn't about the amount of screentime he got, it was what was done with that screentime. His role in AOTC was very important to the saga as a whole, and it showed us more of his character and where its going. I don't think he'll have less time then AOTC, but I don't think he'll have near as much as TPM. I see him possibly being somewhere in the middle for screentime. Say, less then Jango, but more then Dorme did in AOTC.

16. SmoovBillyDee

SmoovBillyDee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I'm personally neutral on how much screentime he gets. All I care about is if it serves to advance the plot. If that means he is onscreen a lot, so be it.

17. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    I agree with a previous poster. I'd like to see Jar Jar sacrifice himself doing something intentionally heroic. I think it would provide closure on the character and go a long way towards redeeming him in the eyes of the anti-Jar Jar camp.

18. tabbafett

tabbafett Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2001
    I'm with smoovbillydee.

19. Darth_Prozac

Darth_Prozac Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2002
    I just hope we get to see his death. I guess it would be better for the films if he died heroicly but I really ddon't care as long as he dies a slow painful death. lol
    :)~

20. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    To be quite honest...I was upset that Jar Jar wasn't in much of Episode II.

This is going to sound super silly, but I felt that Jar Jar's presence in Episode I actually made it seem more like a sci-fi/fantasy.

With that being said, and regardless of how stupid he is, yes, I'd like to see Jar Jar have a big role in Episode III.

Just not TOO big.
    :)

21. Darth_Potter

Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    Yes, just as long as he is as important to the plot as he was in ep2. Think about it. Jar-Jar got more screen time in TPM but in AOTC he played a bigger part in the plot which is more important. Just as long as he is used more in the way he was in AOTC i'd love more jar-jar

22. BobaFett688

BobaFett688 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2001
    Hmm, methinks I heard George saying that Jar Jar was less obnoxious and more mature in AotC. Which I beleived untill I heard, "Obi? OBI!!! Mesa busten wit happiness seein yousa again!"

I really didn't mind having Jar Jar in Episode II, especially when his role played a part that was so big, it didn't affect just the rest of the movie, but the entire fate of the galaxy. Jar Jar just unwittingly screwed the entire galaxy for the next thirty years.

Should Jar Jar be in Episode III? Yeah, sure. If he really wants to. But should he be there to step in crap and make stupid jokes? No.

And in a way, as much as Jar Jar gets on my nerves, it would be kinda cool to see him live through the end of Episode III, so there's still a remaining tie besides Obi-Wan (who goes and kicks it).

23. suineme

suineme Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2000
    I would like to see him do something noble. I don't want to see him get killed, and I honestly don't believe that he will be. I think he will go to Alderaan with Bail Organa and little Leia. If I were a betting man, I would place my bet on that scenerio.

24. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I would like to see him have a bigger part in III, and believe it or not, I do wish that he would have had more screen time in AOTC.

Perhaps if Padme is pregnant from the start of the film as some members have speculated, Jar Jar will watch the mother-to-be while Ankain isn't around....

:cool: Mace Windy,
    three years, doesn't it just blow you away!?

25. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

Jun 27, 2001
    What if Jar Jar is actually the father? [face_shocked]

ST

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.