main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you like to see Jar Jar return in Episode III with a larger role?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by ST-TPM-ASF-TNE, Jul 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Whatever.
    There is nothing in the Star Wars-universe that I hate more than JJbinx. I'd really love to see the Royal Guard kicking the livin hell out of it. I don't want to see it any more than that in III. The only role I want it to have in III is to die! Horribly!!!! :D

"Much larger!, definitely. I wan Jar Jar to be in the largest explosion ever shown in a SW movie!"
    har har har :D

2. AUNTIE_JEDI

AUNTIE_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    One word:

Noooooooooooooooooooo.....

3. Am_Calmiluath

Am_Calmiluath Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    That would rock!!

I think they should make him Palpy's right hand man. Like first cousilor or something. That way he would have more lines and even help run the Senate.

Perfect! I love it!

4. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    i never imagined jar jar as palpatine's right hand. i always figured palpy would kill him because he was soo annoying, or if he contiunally screwed up. :D

5. Am_Calmiluath

Am_Calmiluath Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    Why would Palpy do that? With JJB on his right hand he can be the "Master of Puppets". It's frickin' briliant! Go around finding the moronic leaders in the Galaxy and befriend them. Then you can get your work done that much faster.

If there are any groups of people that are so stupid to put such an individual as JJB to represent their entire species...they deserve to be duped by the Sith.

In addition, the Sith Master has a huge amount of patients. How long do you think it took him to train Darth Maul? Not overnight! All that work and when push comes to shove he loses in his second part of his last battle. Sure he took out a great Jedi master but then he got beat-down by Obi-Juan all too easily. That's gotta be frustrating to anyone. But he endured.

This brings up a whole new topic (if it hasn't been covered)...Did Count Cookoo train Darth maul. Sure Sideous calls him his apprentice, but he could have had some initial training my Dooku. I'm just mindstorming here.

6. Luke_Skywalker_12

Luke_Skywalker_12 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 11, 2002
    I don't care if Jar Jar had a larger role, I ain't a Jar-Jar hater.

7. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I agree with some of the earlier posts. I like Jar Jar, but I think his image could stand to improve by sacrificing himself in Episode III.

GO 'CLONES!

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    i believe the third line of the sig says it all. if not check the prologue of my fan-fic jar jar and vader.

9. FisherSpeaker

FisherSpeaker Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2002
    No. He had more then enough screen time in AOTC. He need less screen time in Episode III thank you.

10. Batty4btman

Batty4btman Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Jar Jar is the reason why most people didn't like Episode one. He is too goofy for a serious trilogy. He basically took Star Wars and just shook it around like it was his to mess up.

EDIT: I hate sidescrolling :)

11. NoBlasters

NoBlasters Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2002
    Jar Jar is the Prequel version of 3PO for me. A character used for comedic value (*cough* marketing *cough*) that comes off as annoying. I don't have issue with him being in the next movie if it advances the plot but I don't want to see his face if it is to push action figures or attempt to make the 5 years olds laugh. I think we have discovered that doesn't work.

Me personally? I like my Star Wars like I like my coffee, dark!

12. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    The prequals wouldn't be what they are without Jar Jar.

13. Dinoforce

Dinoforce Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    NO, most definitely not! I cringe whenever Jar Jar speaks and his 'dialect' totally ruins the movie setting for me. I start thinking that I'm in Jamaica or the Carribbean instead of in a galaxy far, far away.

14. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I am going to cry when Jar Jar dies!!!!!

YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!

15. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    "...attempt to make the 5 years olds laugh. I think we have discovered that doesn't work."

Actually, it does. Quite well, in fact. Sitting in front of me during my third or forth viewing of AOTC was a mom who seemed to bring the entire preschool class to the theater with her. Rest assured, the entire group (save mom) laughed the moment Jar Jar appeared on screen. He had not yet even said a word, and they were laughing. In my opinion, that is remarkable! :D

:cool: Mace Windy,
    instant poster, gust add wind!

16. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Ditto Windy. When I saw TPM for the last time (5th time), I saw it in a dollar theater.

Anyways, sitting across the aisle and one row in front of me was this 9 year old kid laughing his HEAD off at Jar Jar during the end battle scene. It was the part where Jar Jar gets his foot tangled in the battle droid and accidentally shoots 3 or 4 of them in the process. :D

Anyways, this was bouncing up and down in his seat laughing histerically. He loved him!

Who says Jar Jar contributes nothing to Star Wars?

17. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    my reaction: AAaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwww!

18. SithLord127

SithLord127 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2002
    Did someone SERIOUSLY ask this question?

19. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Yes, because there are fans of Jar Jar who'd like him to be seen more :D

20. OutlawYoda

OutlawYoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    I believe since Jar Jar and Padme and Obiwan all know each other well, they will all help each other in the end.. i can imagine it now..
    jar jar is secretly steering a ship thats carrying padme and obiwan inside.. jar jar seems to have a depressed look on his face. in other words.. it should mirror tpm when jar jar is helped by qui gon and obiwan.. jar jar should return the favor in my mind.

21. BLUEJEDI3

BLUEJEDI3 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    NO & NO & NO

He is such a weak minded loser, i hope Vader force chokes him.

22. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    If he's as dumb as in TPM, no. But if he's used well (no matter how impossible that may sound [face_laugh]) then hey, why not? Having Jar Jar sacrifice himself is good too, there'll be cheers all around!

[face_mischief]

23. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Should we set up a club called "I HATE JJBinx", just like "the spoiler and trailer free club of crazed fans"??

The only time I'd like to see it, is the monent it is killed. Either by Royal Guard or a huge explosion. No one can seriusly like JJB. And kids who like it now, won't like it when they grow older. Most of us laughed our @$$es off when someone said "fart" or "turd" or something like that, when we were about 8 years old. I don't like that kind of humor anymore. I haven't liked it for 13 years. I'm too old for scheisse-humor, and hopefully George L is too.

Ugh. I have spoken.

24. OU-812

OU-812 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    Are you nuts? Jar Jar Binks has to be the lamest character George Lucas ever dreamed up. Except for Howard the Duck.

25. SithLord127

SithLord127 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2002
    Howard The Duck was created by GL?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.