main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would You Like To See Novels That Take Place Far Into The Future Or Past?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by FriedMonCalamari, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FriedMonCalamari

FriedMonCalamari Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2001
    I was thinking that it would be nice to have some Star Wars novels that take place say a few hundred years before Phantom Menace. Say when Yoda is only 400 or even when he was just learning the Force! You could introduce many new characters and scenarios and it could be a fresh start to Star Wars literature.

Another idea would be novels that take place hundreds of years after ROTJ. Anyone agree? Comments?

2. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I would like to see Star Wars a few decades after the events of the NJO series.
    I think it would be neat--hopefully, by then, Kyp Durron would have found a lover and settled down with a family.

It would be nice to see our heroes enjoying life for a change.

As for looking into the past, that's not for me. The way I see it, if it's already happened, what's the big deal? It can't alter the future.

For instance: Regarding the prequel trilogy, we all know what will eventually happen. So why are we going to contribute to making Lucas even richer? How will we benefit from it? Only Lucas will benefit.
    In fact, he doesn't even need to spend two years filming movies. He could just slab the title "Star Wars" onto any piece of junk and he'd still make millions.

Well, that was my cynical comment for the day. :p

3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Past, like pre republic, or into the Vong Galaxy...

4. Doikk-Na-ts

Doikk-Na-ts Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2002
    For instance: Regarding the prequel trilogy, we all know what will eventually happen. So why are we going to contribute to making Lucas even richer? How will we benefit from it? Only Lucas will benefit.
    In fact, he doesn't even need to spend two years filming movies. He could just slab the title "Star Wars" onto any piece of junk and he'd still make millions.

Dude, you're gonna incite a riot! :D

It's fun to pick a fight, isn't it? [face_mischief]

5. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Oh, true dat. True dat. ;)

6. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    Why not both?

Miin Bodenna
    Co-CEO of Massassi
    Defense Department

7. zacarino13

zacarino13 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    I think it would be cool to introduce new characters in pre times and years after NJO. All good things must come to an end.
    (Meaning bye bye Han, Luke, Leah, etc...)

8. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    I say they flesh out the many holes between Tales of the Jedi and TPM

9. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    I would like to see some stuff where star fighter didn't play a big part in space battles and it is where huge ships slug it out on each other... Maybe Thrawn's great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather commanded some ships.

10. ron corless

ron corless Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 1999
    I love to see novels set decades or centuries after ROTJ. I would love to see Ben Skywalker become a Jedi Master or go even further and see what the SW galaxy will be like hundreds of years after ROTJ where there is a third or fourth Republic and the Jedi are in the millions.

11. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I think that would be cool to see far future descendents of the Solo's/Skywalkers. As long as every Jedi wasn't a Solo Clan member it would be very cool.

12. FriedMonCalamari

FriedMonCalamari Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2001
    I agree with you Doright.

And I think it would be so interesting to see what a younger Yoda was like. He IS 800 years old so that's a LOT of time to work with in terms of adventures. Even a younger Mace Windu would be interesting.

13. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I'd like to see a novel set about 500 years into the future.

14. 181st Fighter Wing

181st Fighter Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2000
  15. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    A book about a young Yoda would be a great Idea! I would be interesting to see how things have changed during his time as a Jedi.

16. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I wouldn't mind seeing novels set during the ToTJ era.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.