main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST would you like to see Qui-Gon in either Episode VIII or IX?.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Qui-Gon Gin, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014

Agreed. Honestly Quinlan Vos (I believe that he survived Order 66) or even Ahsoka Tano would make more sense to appear than Qui Gon. And old survivor of the PT Jedi that Luke seeks out for perspective and advice.

2. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Lots of discussion over in the Rey lineage thread.

Here's another idea, what if she is Qui-Gon's granddaughter?

Count_DoodooKuku likes this.
  3. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Hmm...
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Well he's Liam Neeson, and Shmi didn't seem to have what you would call a "healthy love life." So, what happens on Tatooine stays on Tatooine. ;)

5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    If they can make it work, sure. I do feel Qui-Gon would probably be better suited to a Kenobi film though.

Wildcatbarry and Django Fett like this.
  6. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    So that would make her Luke and Leia's cousin? I'm not sure I'm ready to see the GFFA turn into something out of Game of Thrones.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I wonder if he'd have survived would Qui-Gon have gone back for Shmi, I get the feeling that with Dooku leaving the Jedi Order and Qui-Gon being at odds with the Council, he could have left too.

Master_Lok likes this.
  8. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

That's an interesting point. I could easily see Qui-Gon going back for Shimi, and ultimately the two of them together, if Qui-Gon survived. I think leaving the order would have been easy for him given the circumstances. He was definitely conflicted about where he stood with the Jedi Order as it was before and during the prequels.

Django Fett likes this.
  9. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Well he did try and get both of them included in the bet (and only settled for Anakin alone because Watto refused and he knew that the Jedi Mind Trick didn't work on Watto's species). So I could see him at least covertly ensuring that Shmi was freed and settled in a safer location (be it a safer part of Tatooine or on another world). Qui Gon's MO was to "adhere to the spirit of the Jedi Code, but not necessarily agree with every single part of it/want the Jedi to be more less rigidly ideological in some areas" after all.

10. Unkar's Muffins

Unkar's Muffins Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2002
    Is there any reason to think that could be possible somehow? What do we know about Qui-Gon's past? Because PT doesn't give us much. Just broadstrokes, mostly.

11. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    TCW establishes that Qui-Gon was unable to retain his form after death, and this is why we can only hear his voice. So they'd have to contradict what Lucas wanted here to have him appear in the ST. They could do that, but it doesn't seem worth it.

Kenobi makes more sense playing a role in the ST because he had a relationship with Luke, Han, and Chewie. Kylo is even named Ben.

12. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i like qui Gon, andf i would love some new canon stories with him. that said Luke should be the expert on the force for Rey, and no one else. enough has been stolen from Luke's legacy already

nightangel likes this.
  13. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    fixed

That he was a rogue "Qui-Gon's defiance I sense in you"

14. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    We don't know much about any of the old Jedi's pasts. They're kept vague (as are lots of characters in the films for that matter).

15. QuiGon Take Me Away

QuiGon Take Me Away Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2016
    Disembodied voice: "Luke?"

Luke: "Ben?"

Voice: "No, actually, it is I, Qui-Gon Jinn."

Luke: "Who?"

Qui-Gon's Ghost: "Qui-Gon Jinn. I was a Jedi during the Clone Wars and I perfected the art of living beyond death by becoming one with the Force. I was also Obi-Wan Kenobi's master."

Luke: "No you weren't, he told me Yoda trained him."

QGG: "No, I was his master, Yoda just taught him some classes at the Jedi Temple."

Luke: "What classes?"

QGG: "Introduction to Force Powers; How to Spot a Sith at 50 Paces; Um, Home Ec, I can't remember the rest."

Luke: "OK, so what happened to you?"

QGG: "I was cut down by Darth Maul."

Luke: "Who the hell is Darth Maul?"

QGG: "The first apprentice of Darth Sidious."

Luke: "I don't know who that is either."

QGG: "Palpatine! The Emperor! You know, Darth Sidious!"

Luke: "Nobody I know ever called him that. So what happened to this Maul guy?"

QGG: "Obi-Wan avenged me by cutting him in half, after which he fell to his death. Well, for a while he did. Then he came back to life and started making trouble again with his brother, Savage Opress."

Luke: "So a guy got cut in half, and fell a long way, then came back to life?"

QGG: "Well, he was a Zabrak, not a human."

Luke: "I don't know what a Zabrak is. And his brother's name is what? Can you spell that for me?"

QGG: "Err, sure. S-A-V-A-G-E O-P-R-E-S-S."

Luke: "Are you kidding me? That's about the dumbest name I've ever heard."

QGG: "Hey, I was dead by then, don't blame me. Anyway, they were just nuisances, the real enemy by then was Darth Tyranus."

Luke: "Who?"

QGG: "Darth Tyranus, well his real name was Count Dooku. He had been a Jedi but he turned to evil."

Luke: "Wow, that's an original story. Let me guess, Tyranus at some point became a TYRANT."

QGG: "Wow, how did you know that?"

Luke: "I don't know, genius, maybe the same way I can tell you that Darth Sidious did some INSIDIOUS things and I bet Darth Maul really MAULED you with his lightsaber."

QGG: "Hey, I was tired! That guy was like a pogo stick jumping around all over the place when we fought at power core in Theed."

Luke: "What the hell is Theed?"

QGG: "It's the capitol of Naboo."

Luke: "Not ringing any bells."

QGG: "Naboo! Home planet of Palpatine! And (dramatic pause) of Padme Amidala."

Luke: "What's that? A rock band?"

QGG: "Er, no, she was the wife of Anakin Skywalker ... and your mother."

Luke: "Oh, well I guess that's useful information now that I'm friggin' 65 years old and she's been dead for si decades. Ben! Why didn't you tell me!"

Obi-Wan's Ghost: "Hey, don't blame me, I didn't write those scripts."

16. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Yes, I would really like to see Qui Gon back,as a Force Ghost,advising Rey.

However :
    Is not about what people want to see,is about the limited money Disney is allocating for actors.
    This is why the script was made to kill Han Solo,Harisson Ford asked what Disney thought to be too many money.
    So,having Qui Gon means that Disney would agree to pay a serious amount of money to Liam Nesson,to have him playing ghost Qui Gon.

17. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Yeah, I seriously doubt that. Harrison's wanting Han to die goes back decades, and I always assumed that it was going to happen once he was confirmed for TFA. In fact, the way that he tells it HE talked Disney into offing Han, and he got paid a lot for that film. Mark and Carrie's salaries are also apparently supposed to go up in the next film as well, and so on.

So no, it ain't about money.

18. QuiGon Take Me Away

QuiGon Take Me Away Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2016
    lol, yeah disney is really pinching its pennies these days; hoping it can have enough money to feed wife and baby come Christmas!

19. Dominus Libertas

Dominus Libertas Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2016
    It wouldn't make sense having Qui-Gon's ghost in VIII and IX but having him in an Obi-Wan spin off would, and I would like to see if they could get McGregor and Neeson back.

whostheBossk and Wildcatbarry like this.
  20. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I'd love to see Neeson in Episode VIII. And it would be a terrible idea.

21. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Snoke is Qui-Gon
    [face_party]

Dagobah Dragonsnake likes this.
  22. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016

Hey, if you are the first one to do the force ghost trick since ancient times, you may screw it up a bit and come out looking a bit worse for wear. So ... possibility.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  23. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I'd love this idea. Regardless if Luke never met him, why should it stop him from "meeting" the first Jedi in canon to speak through the cosmic Force? It'd help Luke to better understand the Force and the Jedi. It's like saying why should Luke seek out the first Jedi temple if he wasn't around at the time. Qui-Gon was still part of the Jedi history, and Luke would take anything he could. If you've read the comics it's also pretty evident.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Kylo, I am your great-grandfather."

"That's not true. That's impossible!"

"Your grandfather only thought he was conceived by midichlorians."

"But he was the Chosen One!"

"That's what your uncle told you."

whostheBossk and Wildcatbarry like this.