main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you like to see spirits of Anakin, Obi-wan, and Yoda appear in NJO?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Luke_Jivewalker, Feb 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_Jivewalker

Luke_Jivewalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2001
    I think it would be cool to see either of them make a brief appearance in an upcoming NJO book. Either to help Jacen along with his philosophy of the Force or give Luke some advice as to what to do with the current Jedi problem.

Any thoughts?

2. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Obi-Wan already told Luke that he was a complete Jedi and that there was nothing else to tell him. I think he even said good-bye for the final and ultimate time. As for Anakin and Yoda, I wouldn't want to see them because its been twenty-something years since both of there deaths and if they didn't show up to help him with the praxeum(spelling?) then why show up now.

3. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    Does anyone know if that was really Obi-Wan's voice that Luke heard in Rebirth?

4. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I doubt it was Obi-Wan since he told Luke in HttE that he was not going to contact him anymore. I don't think that the spirits would add anything, and that they would just be a cop-out.

5. very-superior

very-superior Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2002
    I think it was Anakin Skywalker that came to Luke during Ben's birth. Or at least I would like it to be. Anakin could show up and be like "Luke, there is a secret Vong destroyer Ray Gun on Tatooine buried under your old house. I put it there after Padme got tired of going at it one night."

= )

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    In the words of Paul Newman, "It ain't gonna happen."

7. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Anakin said to Leia that he wouldn't be able to contact anyone anymore in Truce At Bakura.

Obi-wan, as was said, said he could no longer contact anyone in the opening scenes of HttE

Yoda... I don't know. But time doesn't really necessarily factor in, does it? I mean, I haven't really read the TotJ comics, so correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't some Sith Lords maintain a link with the real world for hundreds or thousands of years??

So, if thats the case (again, corret me if I'm wrong) then Yoda can't really be ruled out, though I can't see it happening.

8. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Anakin said to Leia that he wouldn't be able to contact anyone anymore in Truce At Bakura."

Though he may have contacted luke in a dream later on in a marvel story, giving luke history of one of his apprentices, in the flint issue.

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I think it's good that the authors wrote out Obi-Wan and Anakin. If they didn't, they could just pop in whenever they're needed and give advice. It would be too easy of a way out of the characters' problems.

10. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    they still havent written out Yoda. but GL probably wont let anyone touch him until after Ep.3 if at all

11. Luke_Jivewalker

Sep 30, 2001
    what is does 'htte' stand for?

12. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I think it was the force itself, not Ben really, but Ben is part of the force, so it may have been him some capacity. Not so much the entity we knew as Obi-wan, but his essence. Does that make sense? They say the soul never dies, but you lose your human ego, your worldy identity.

13. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Yoda also appeared to communicate with luke in the dream at the beginning of the flint story. As well appeared to two new people to join the jedi afterlife.

A glimpse into the jedi afterlife:
    [image=http://photos.netclubs.com/live/photos/photocenter/3/u/p/e/peltqlmao54kjb62cb3n0e9b9s/afterlife.jpeg]

Scary isn't it, ;)?

14. Luke_Jivewalker

Sep 30, 2001
    does anyone know what anakin said to leia in truce at bakura? i seem to have misplaced that book....

15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    He was asking her forgiveness, basically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.