Would you like to see Tolkien's story continued with other movies?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Kadue, Jun 15, 2002.

?

Would you like to see Tolkien's story continued with other movies?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Yes, I'd love to see both 'The Hobbit' and 'Silmarillion' made. 64 vote(s) 47.8%
I just want to see 'The Hobbit' made. 47 vote(s) 35.1%
I just want to see 'Silmarillion' made into a movie. 6 vote(s) 4.5%
No, I think that it should stop at the finishing of the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy. 17 vote(s) 12.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kadue Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  2. ADONIAH32 Force Ghost

star 4
    They should definately make The Hobbit into a movie, but that's it. It would complement the other three movies perfectly.
  3. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    If anything, just The Hobbit.
  4. Obi-Wan's Apparition Force Ghost

star 5
    I would wet my pants if I knew they were going to make a super long, super detailed movie of The Silmarillion.

:)
  5. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Unless Peter Jackson and company are behind it, I wouldn't want to see a movie based on The Hobbit. After seeing the horrendous animated version, I don't think I could take another poorly made adaptation.

I'm not that familiar with The Silmarillion, but from the looks of it, it seems like a hard book to film.
  6. CwrnPuppet Jedi Master

star 4
    The Hobbit could make a fantastic film, but I agree with Son of Suns - only if we have the right team behind it.

I can't see the Sil working too well as film. While I would love to see some of the imagery from it, I think that it is far too complex to properly portray it.
  7. darthfrede Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd love to see "The Hobbit" and the tale of Beren and Luthien made into movies.

So I guess I have to vote for "both".
  8. Tod Jedi Master

star 4
    Hobbit could be made as a film but whole Silmarillion would be too complex. Some parts of Silmarillion could be made as film (like Beren And Luthien, or Turin) but whole story wouldn't work.
  9. shinjo_jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    The Silmarillion would be a very hard movie to make, and wouldn't be the best. The Hobbit if it was made by Peter Jackson, I would love to see :D
  10. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
  11. Lurking_Around Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yup, definitely "The Hobbit". The only question other than will PJ do it is: should the same actor for Bilbo in LOTR star in "The Hobbit", or should they get a younger actor?

:D
  12. Blue_10 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to see both the Simirillian and Hobbit made.
  13. jediguy Force Ghost

star 5
    It would be next to impossible to make 'The Silmarillion' into a reasonable movie. For that reason, only 'The Hobbit' should be made.
  14. Jedi4Ever Jedi Padawan

I want to see all Tolkien' stories on the screen. It's always a pleasure to meet a Jedi, Obi-wan or Aragorn!
  15. zam_fett Jedi Knight

star 1
    I second Obi-Wan's Apparition. I love The Hobbit, but it seems a little too much like the TPM of LotR - good as a prologue, but not as good as the "real" story. The Silmarillion, on the other hand, is really cool stuff.
  16. skawookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    I would like to see the Hobbit, but I think Jackson would have to take a different approach than he did with FOTR. The Hobbit is not intended to be as dark as the LOTR trilogy, and I think he should make it more lighthearted and adventureous, and certainly less serious, if he were to make it at all.
  17. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Neither. But it would be interesting to see a series of hi-quality TV miniseries based on parts of Silmarillion, similar to TNT's old Bible series.
  18. _Zap_ Jedi Knight

star 3
    they should make the hobbit
  19. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    Hobbit would be teh cool
  20. Champion of the Force Force Ghost

star 4
    With the right people - 'The Hobbit' for sure.

I think 'The Silmarillion' is not really a good book to adapt - it's more of a history reference book than an actual story.
  21. shinjo_jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    The only bad thing about The Hobbit would be it wouldn't be dark or anything like that, like the other Movies.
  22. IronParrot Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I say leave it be... The Hobbit doesn't lend itself to film quite so well as The Lord of the Rings. A musical, perhaps...
  23. episodenone Force Ghost

star 4
    i voted for both.

but the silmarillion should be another trilogy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'd die to see the valar, melkor, baby sauron, manwe, illuvatar (sp.?) and the silamrils, the lamps, etc!!!!!

that would be truly amazing.

and i think peter jackson is up to the challenge.
  24. shinjo_jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    I wouldnt want to see teh Silmarillion. It just doesn't fit
  25. Dave_Smogcrawler Jedi Master

star 4
    I want to see the Silmarillion it would rock because of the war and the hobbit would be good too but it is a bit on child orientated so...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.