main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Would you like Yoda to be included in Episode IV?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by march162015, Mar 31, 2015.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Yoda appearing is one of those surprises that should happen in Episodes VIII or IX

2. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    A movie series doesn't need to have every character in each installment.

DARTH_BELO and AndyLGR like this.
  3. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Actually, I wouldn't. I thought the OT did a very good job of passing the baton from one master to another. Yoda doesn't really have a place in ANH. He barely has a place in RotJ. The main reason for his presence is as a resolution to his character.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  4. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    As others have pointed out, it would just be fan service to put Yoda in there. He really isn't relevant to the plot and we get plenty of Obi-Wan covering all that Yoda would need to cover.

DARTH_BELO and AndyLGR like this.
  5. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    No need whatsoever for Yoda to appear in the original Star Wars.
    Or an introduction depending on when you watched the films ;)

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  6. Super_Mace

Super_Mace Jedi Master star 1

Sep 22, 2003
    No. For god's sake, be like the Beatles and Let It Be.

Can Disney please release the real OT?

GMGalenMarek likes this.
  7. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    No, his introduction in Empire is just fine. Luke has to be ready to take that next step and he was not until his experiences on Hoth.

GMGalenMarek likes this.
  8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I don't see the need to have Yoda in any of the episodes he's not already in.

I agree as well: shoehorning him into ANH (and that's exactly what it would be: "shoehorning") would be unnecessary fan service. It wouldn't even make sense, unless the film was like 15 minutes longer, building him into the plot in some way. Otherwise it would be just a random cut to Yoda for a few seconds, and then back to the film. All that would require some major reworking of ANH.

I feel his part is represented perfectly, and it would especially be unneccesary in the the new ST. His part in the saga is done; not to mention he got a great sendoff.

GMGalenMarek likes this.
  9. Darth Palpadious

Darth Palpadious Jedi Master star 3

May 31, 2013
    No, it's totally unnecessary. Plus bear in mind that introducing Yoda at that point, without any context, would be baffling and would also seriously undermine the twist of Yoda's identity in ESB if we'd seen him before.

That's assuming that new viewers would be watching the films IV-III, which IMO is the only way to do it the first time around! And that's what's important about making changes etc; forget about the fans, you have to make these films as accessible and entertaining as possible for a new audience. Having Yoda in there would just muddy the waters completely. Not to mention that CGI Yoda would look so out of place in ANH!

Yanksfan and GMGalenMarek like this.
  10. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The only way Yoda could appear in ANH is for a brief scene were he is going about his usual daily and when Alderaan is destroyed he reacts similar to Obi-Wan. But even that would feel forced and out of placed for me.

DBPirate and GMGalenMarek like this.
  11. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    No, I don't see any purpose sticking Yoda in a scene. What would he be doing? Whom would he be interacting with?

I wouldn't be adverse to a scene of Bail Organa or Vader appearing before the Emperor after the destruction of the Death Star, but those are pretty much pipe dreams at this point. I doubt Disney is going to tinker with the films after the holey hell brought down upon Uncle George.

GMGalenMarek likes this.
  12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Sorry but how can Bail Organa appear before the Emperor after the Death Star is destroyed, he was killed when the Death Star blew up Alderaan wasn't he?

Yanksfan and GMGalenMarek like this.
  13. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

PCCViking and GMGalenMarek like this.
  14. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Yoda might appear in a private scene with Luke & Leia.

15. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    I don't think "no" is a strong enough word. No more changes. And besides, it's right that when Luke meets him, the audience meet him. In ANH, Obi-Wan is, in Luke's (and the audience's) eyes, this powerful and wise Jedi, but in ESB, Luke (and we) meet a far more powerful and wise Jedi Master (that tough Obi-Wan when he was younger than Luke) packed in this small, green little guy with a cane. You ruin the surprise if you see him any earlier (including the prequels, but that's another story).