main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you name your children after EU characters?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jansons_Funny_Twin, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Jagged would work for me. i'm filipino, so weird names is the norm for me :D Valin's a cool name too and if I had a daughter, Cherith. But it would have to be Jagged and Cherith. Cherith and Valin is too weird, espicially since I've already paired them up romantically in a fanfic I'm writing.

~aeryn

2. Alice_Cooper

Alice_Cooper Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2002
    I'm from Holland. My last name is Boerakker. what kind of a name would fit with Boerakker. (no idea how you guys pronounce that).

3. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    You know what?
    If you go and look in a baby name database you would be surprised at how many of them appear in Star Wars. It is very entertaining. I saw on that did have Anakin and the meaning was warrior or something like that.

4. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    My son's name is Gavin. My wife didn't know about the Star Wars connection until AFTER the birth certificate was signed. :D

5. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    I cannot believe you did that, Tobey

:) :)

6. WRAITH_LEADER

WRAITH_LEADER Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    That is to Funny. I guess I could name my kid Gavin.

7. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    That's great, Tobey. Although Gavin is a pretty normal name. She'll probably get over it. ;)

~Inyri

8. JacensGirl

JacensGirl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    I'm far too young to be thinking about kids now but if i ever have them I'd name my daughter either Jaina, Jade or Callista and my son either Jacen, Anakin or Jagged. But maybe not, I wouldn't want my kid to get made fun of!

9. Sith_Priestess

Sith_Priestess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I would name my son Jagged, you call him Jag and no one will be the wiser if he was embarassed of it. I thinkt he name Mara would be nice for a girl or even Iella.

Besides, if I have kids they will alwyas be like "Yeah..my mom is a Star Wars fan" their excuse for everything. I feel sorry for them already.

~Priestess

10. LadyCallie

LadyCallie Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2000
    My wife and I decided that we'd break our plan to name all our children Gaelic/Celtic names and call our first daughter Callista. Once Kat heard it and researched the meaning she was hooked. Needless to say, I'm happy.

:D :D :D
    -LC

11. Nienna

Nienna Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2003
    I prolly would, if i had any. I don't really like the name Mara, it means "bitter".

12. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    I think that I wouldn't mind calling my daughter Jaina, if I ever had one...

13. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    I think Cherith would be a great name, and Jagged isn't half-bad, either. And I was very surprised to see "Mitth'raw'nuruodo" in a list of names...

14. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    dont you just love the way tsavong lah rolls off your tongue? ahhh... my kids will have great names...

15. Relativity

Relativity Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2001
    i might. but i would never ever tell them i did. that's messed up.

16. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    For those who don't want to name their kid Anakin (after all, the Skywalker one killed many ppl), name your kid Nikana. They'll never know! (Unless they're dyslexic)

17. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    Okay, I usally don't post in weird places like this, but this was to funny!

I would say... No, except for Jade, maybe, as a middle name...

18. JoeSolo1

JoeSolo1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2002
    thinking about this.
    Han would be a good name for a boy. I kinda want to throw in Joe or Joeseph (spelled that way on purpose) because its my nickname on the net.
    And for a girl it'd either be Leia or destiny (she is one of my best friends, plus I love her name)
    My friend wants to name his kid Caw so when he hears crows he can say, "They're calling you boy, they're coming to get ya."

19. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Of course I would.

Female kid: Mirax, Jaina, Mara, Gaeriel, Shalla

Male kid: Kyp, Zekk, Garik, Wes (what?), Diric

Pets: Zekk, Mirax, Han, Obi, 'Face', Janson

Yes, I know Zekk and Mirax were repeated. Twould be incredible if i have a household with kids and pets named the same thing. That's if I ever decide to have a household (rather than a penthouse), kids (children + 1 ie husband), or pets (me lazy and irresponsible, and proud of it).

:D

-JSD

20. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I like all the aforementioned names except Mirax Mara Anakin and some of the weirder ones. (No offense) :)

21. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    my son will be called Yoda and my daughter will be called Chewbacca.

Seriously now, I'm a Clone Trooper fan, so we can have:

CT 34/871
    CT 19/298
    CT 49/143

Great names! :p

22. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    I might. It would depend on what my SO thought about it. I really like the names Jaina, Wes, Mara Jade (I doubt that I'd use both names, I'd probably choose between Mara and Jade) and Luke. I've liked the name Luke since before I became a Star Wars fan, though.

If I ever have a son, he's going to have Harrison as his middle name. Not really because of Star Wars -- my father, grandfather, and great-great grandfather all had Harrison as their middle names -- and I want to do it as a tribute to them, particularly my dad.

23. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    JoeSolo1, my name is Joe Han ;)

Anyways, I dont think any of you should even consider naming your kids Anakin. They'll get teased at school to no extent. It'll scar them for life :p But it IS a nice name.

24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Boys:
    Maximilian Firmus ---
    Gilad Novar ---
    Kirtan Makati ---
    Grant Tigellinus ---

Girls:
    Ysanne Mezhan---
    Wynessa

Not many female villians to choose from :(

Maximilian Firmus and Kirtan Makati are my favorites. They appear to be normal names for a person but are actually from Imperial characters. Not to hard to figure out who. So I don't think I'll end up emotionally scarring my son(s).

25. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    Whats wrong with rebel names, Mitth?

Ackbar, Nien Nunb, Mon Mothma, .... ok i can see your point ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.