main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you play a Quinlan Vos game?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_Rictor, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Rictor

Darth_Rictor Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    A member asked " How about a Jedi Knight game where you play as Quinlin Vos?" And I posted the following. I was just wandering if anyone would play a game soly around the events of Qiunlan Vos?
    Quinlan Vos has to have a game or something mainstream. He is the best character to come out of the whole clone wars. He was cut out of the movie, I say give him a game. His story is almost as compelling as Anikin's. Waking up on Nar Shaddaa without his memory, finding his lost padawon, getting retrained, becoming an underground spy, and pretending to fall to the darkside to discover the identity of the second Sith Lord. Theres a game that gives you a kick ass character and the ability to customize his powers through training. And in the end, you can choose to stay true to the Jedi, or betray them and join the Sith. There are several main characters he faced in his quest. Not only the fallen Jedi, but also the Jedi he has to face to keep his cover. I meen he not only fights his own padawon, but his master as well. And for all those fans of "Hot chicks in video games", Kalleen is way more attractive and sexy then Bastila or Jan. He also has a side kick that could have levels just for "Villie". There's more then enough story for a Quinlan Vos game. And every one loves a dark character.

2. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
  3. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    There's no way that they'd make a game about a B-Character who no-one knows. That'd just be stupid...
    ...oh hang on, this is LucasArts we're talking about. The same LucasArts that felt that Sam and Max was'nt worth following up.

4. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    I'll never forgive them for that.

Or for Escape from Monkey Island.

5. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I'd play it. Quinlan kicks ass.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    He's a popular enough of a character for it to be viable, IMO. (afterall, Quinlan is essentially the star of the prequel era next to Obi and Anakin)

7. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    I've heard of his name; don't know who he is; but i'd probably play it since its a Star Wars game. :D

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/13/13083.jpg] [image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/10/10444.jpg] [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/quinlanvos/img/eu_bg.jpg]
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/quinlanvos/img/bts_bg.jpg]

9. Dante_Glass

Dante_Glass Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I'd play it, but come on they'd never make one, they don't just make games for characters that are secondary and support roles but have strong fan bases, it?d be like making a whole series of games where you play as Wedge and get to fly with Janson and Hobbie.

10. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    A few others and I thought about forming the Quinlan Vos Haters Society or somesuch nonsense... We hate Quinlan! Who does LFL think he is? That same green Twi'lek that pops up all throughout KotOR is more important than this pathetic wannabe-Kyle-Katarn.
    He isn't interesting. Dooku is the only thing that saves Light and Dark from being completely boring.

To answer your question, No, I would not play a Quinlan Vos game.

11. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Count me in. Quinlan is fantastic.

Oh, but a few levels playable as Aayla is essential.

12. Whizkid

Whizkid Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

You play as no-name characters in the Kotor series and look how successful that was.

13. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    I would play it as long as the graphics were cool. And it had David Hayter as the voice of Quin.

14. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    it?d be like making a whole series of games where you play as Wedge and get to fly with Janson and Hobbie.

Rogue Squadron?

15. OnyxJedi

OnyxJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2004
    Yeah I'd give it go. To those who say he is not a known character:

Who knew of Kyle Katarn before Dark Forces?
    Darth Revan before KOTOR?
    The Exile before KOTOR 2?
    Not to mention the secondary cast of KOTOR and KOTOR2. Hk-47 alone is worth his weight in EU gold. :)

Those games created those characters and a Quinlan Vos game could "make" the character.

16. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    ^Only video game nerds know the answer to your questions. An average SW fan on the street doesnt have a clue who Darth Revan is.

17. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    sounds like a cool character, id play that game.

18. OnyxJedi

Jan 12, 2004
    ^Only video game nerds know the answer to your questions. An average SW fan on the street doesnt have a clue who Darth Revan is.

And just who do you think is going to buy the Quinlan Vos game? Keebler Elves?

19. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    ^Keebler elves don't have electricity anyway.

20. OnyxJedi

Jan 12, 2004
    ^Keebler elves don't have electricity anyway.

Helllllooooo! They don't need electricity the have elfin magic and endless supplies of cookies and crackers. ;)

21. I_AM_GEEK

I_AM_GEEK Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2004
    What is the big deal about Quinlan Vos. So somebody
    seen an extra in the background of TPM and thought
    oohh he looks cool lets make him a jedi. Big deal

Quinlan Vos sucks [face_beatup]

22. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Quinlan Vos is awsome :D I would really like to have a game about him, as long as it fit with continuity. It's be cool to also play as someo ther characters in some levels, like Aayla.

23. Master_Trance

Master_Trance Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2005
    Im not a Quinlan Vos fan but id play it I wish there to be a few games on side characters and their story.

24. GrandAdmiralJeff

GrandAdmiralJeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2005
    Is Vos in any novels?

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Vos is mentioned in a few novels but has yet to appear in one.

So far he's only appeared in the comics, a deleted scene from ROTS, his background cameo in TPM and Obi-wan talking about him in ROTS.

>>What is the big deal about Quinlan Vos.<<

He's been the central figure of some of the best SW stories from the past 4 years and has become a fan favorite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.