main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Would You Prefer Our Meeting Places Vary From Meeting To Meeting?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, Jun 5, 2003.

?

Would You Prefer Our Meeting Places Vary From Meeting To Meeting?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Unsure. More information is needed.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
  2. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    I came up with an idea to accommodate people from both Nassau and Suffolk County, traveling meeting spaces. Since Triss and I know nothing about Suffolk County I thought it would be a good idea to have members choose the meeting location. Choosing a meeting spot is NOT mandatory. It is completely optional.

Each month a member will be able to choose the location in or around their hometown. It would alternate between Nassau and Suffolk County. The member who decides where the meetings would be held will be decided at the meeting before. This gives them an entire month to find a location. Members who do not live in Nassau/Suffolk do not forfeit their right to choose a meeting spot. They must however choose a location in Nassau or Suffolk. If for some reason you are not able to make a meeting you are still able to pick a location.

The meeting location MUST meet the following guidelines:

• Be within walking distance of a railroad and/or some other form of public transportation.

• A public location, e.g., a restaurant, diner, park. Houses will not be allowed as a location for security reasons (I would not want a stranger in my house).

• Be relatively inexpensive.

• Be able to hold at least ten (10) people. This number will change as the club grows in size.

• Be relatively quiet. The noise level must be low so everybody can hear.

• Be able to seat all of us together.

• Be family friendly. Children are allowed in. We do not have an age limit on our club, so make sure the place you are choosing does not either.

• They must not mind us sitting there for two (2) hours or more.

If you replied "other" please post what you would suggest here. If you replied "Unsure. More information is needed." please feel free to ask any questions.

3. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    :eek:

Looks suspiciously like NJO's plan. :p ;)

How many counties does Stron Island have?

4. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    Two counties. But they are two big counties.

5. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    It looks like you guys have it settled but I thought I would help out with the opinion of an outsider. :D

The MACON CLONES were founded in a rural area. Our members are stretched out over a distance of over 100 miles. In the beginning we tried having the meetings at different locations in order to accommodate some that might have had to travel over 50 miles. There was usually confusion and turnout tended to be relatively low. We have since decided to hold meetings on a specific day at a specific place every month. Not only does this avoid the confusion of "WHERE" we meet but it also helps us in recruiting. It's so much easier to say, "We meet at 6:30 at the Books-A-Million in Macon on the first Thursday of every month." We don't have to refer people to a website (which can be too confusing if you're dealing with your fanforce forum or a "no pay" website). We have actually been able to get a few new people this way.

I grew up on Long Island (Patchogue) and I know how big it is and how tough it might be to get from Suffolk to Nassau or vice versa. Any place close to the LIE or (as mentioned) the LIRR might do the trick.

Just one old man's opinion. I don't mean to intrude. ;)

6. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    How about this sunday we do an outdoor meeting like at a park. Any ideas? --Billy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.