main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you prefer Yoda to fight only in Episode 3?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Aiden_Sanic, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    I know it would screw up the cool ending of Episode 2, but I think it would of made Yoda V.S. Sidious EVEN MORE cooler if that was the fight where Yoda first uses a lightsaber.

They still could of made it where Dooku stabs Obi in Attack of the Clones and have Anakin fight Dooku, but Ani could go a little darkside-ish and do something cool with the force so that we will like episode II, and then he could lose an arm. Or better yet, they could of had MACE come in and fight Dooku instead of Yoda, yeah that would of worked well.

Then we fast forward to Episode 3, and have Yoda do that dramatic pose he did in Episode II before he fought Dooku and then THEY FIGHT.

Plus the fact that it would be the first, and last time we see Yoda using a lightsaber seems more fitting to me.

You all remember how you felt when we saw Yoda do those insane flips in Episode II fighting Dooku. You probably thought...

Damn, Episode II was a Kick-@$$ Movie, I cant WAIT for Episode THREE!

Now just imagine, your seeing Yoda in front of the Emperor doing that pose he did in Episode II, and fliping and twirling, but fighting DARTH SIDIOUS. And we are all seeing Yoda doing this for the first time. I just think it would of made us have heart attacks seeing all of that, then add all that Pod-Throwing scene and everyone in the theater would die of shock. ;)

Anyway, I know some people will have certain points of views;) on this, but I think it would of been the highlight of Episode Three if they did this. What do you think? :confused: [face_thinking]

2. DARKJEDI1138

DARKJEDI1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    I agree that Yoda should of been saved just for Episode III. Lucas should of had Mace take on Dooku in Episode II.

3. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    yeah it would have been the highlight of the movie... just like episode 2 but, it would not have worked well in episode 2. Plus the yoda vs palps is really cool as it is and it shows that yoda would have won if he cont. to fight... for example when YODA blast both of them of the senoter thingy. yoda deflected the best of sid. powers and would have one... o well. anyway yeah episode 2 would have been horrible, without the yoda fight.

4. robbie_wan_kenobi

robbie_wan_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    yeah, totally agree. in hindsight it should have been saved for episode 3. i think it would have made ROTS amazing! (although obviously the highlight of AOTC would have been taken away) but as they say, always save the best till last...
    yoda having to resort to violence to try and stop the emperor would really show the 'doggy poop' they were in!!
    as someone said, i think having mace save the day would have been a faaar better outcome, and also given sam jacksons character more credability

5. Aiden_Sanic

Jun 25, 2005

Well I'm glad people agree on this,:D and yeah it would make Mace Windu an even more likable character.

6. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    The who would have fought Palpatine in III instead of Mace?

7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I think it's perfect just the way it is...

8. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    yeah the movies really can't be inpproved on

9. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Though it's fine the way it is, that would be a nice improvement, IMO. ;)

10. Aiden_Sanic

Jun 25, 2005

Why Thank you Bacon, I'm just trying to see what others think.

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    It would be a great add-in to the movie.

12. Aiden_Sanic

Jun 25, 2005
    And guys, ( And Girls ) OF COURSE Episode III is great the way it is, it's Beautiful the way it is. I'm just saying, like most other fans, what may or may not have made the movie more interesting in their own eyes.

13. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    Nah, I'm happy with it the way it is. It doesn't look as though GL went out of his way to make it happen in AOTC. I think it fits very well

14. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    In my other post I think it would be a cool Yoda add-in, but Revenge of the Sith is fine the way it is now. George Lucus made the best Star Wars Movie! (In my opinoin)

15. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    There was a really good thread about this very topic, started by R8hitman, I believe. I'll look for it.

16. thechozn1

May 15, 2005
    Further proof that GL is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. People would complain if he had waited or if he had proceeded as planned and had him in AOTC.

17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Attack of the Clones is the main plot of ROTS. You need to see that before Ep 3, so people get the idea what is happening to Anakin and the republic.

18. JediLaura01

JediLaura01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2001
    Lucas made Yoda fight in Episode II in order to have fans warm up to the idea, b/c we've never seen him fight before, or couldn't have imagined him fighting. By Episode III, people were comfortable enough to watch a longer duel with Yoda and the Emperor.

19. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    It wasnt the first time Yoda fought in the Star Wars movies. People around the world remember in AOTC, in the ending of the movie, Yoda was fighting, with Count Dooku.

20. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Yoda vs. Dooku should be left the way it is just because of the "Fought well you have, my old padawan" line. Having that line at the end of the fight made you look back on it and be like "Oh MAN!" It also completes the Yoda - Dooku - Qui-Gon - Obi-Wan - Anakin line of Master and Apprentice. And honestly, if Yoda only fought in III, I would've looked down on him a little. I know I know, he didn't officially LOSE the fight with Sidious, but he didn't succeed either. And seeing him also not succeed in the Dooku fight set up the fact that even Yoda won't win every fight he's in.

21. thechozn1

May 15, 2005

Exactly my sentiments but I was too lazy to write it all out.

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003

Even if Yoda didn't fight in Ep2, him w/ a lightsaber couldn't have been saved for the Sidious duel. He had to use it on Kashyyk, and against the clones outside the Temple.

23. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    In hindsight, I think Yoda should have been saved up for RotS. Though I "wowed" with everyone else when I first saw the Yoda fight in AotC, it's lost its appeal now - I'd have rather seen a more intense and interesting duel between Anakin and Dooku. That was over well too fast and half of it was a silly lightshow...

I'm certainly not damning George Lucas... though I'm pretty sure that no-one would have cared if Yoda's fighting had been held back for Episode III. He only did about 45 seconds worth in Episode II after all.

What I was most p*ssed about though, was the fact that Yoda trained a guy who joined the Sith (EU alterations aside).

Now, that wouldn't bother me except for:

Obi-Wan: "I thought I could train him just as well as Yoda, I was wrong..."

Come again?

All you did was train a guy who was seduced by Palpatine. As did Yoda. Forgotten Dooku in your Force-age?

24. Aiden_Sanic

Jun 25, 2005

:oops: Oh that's right! Well, that kinda kills the thread dosen't it? [face_plain] :oops:

25. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Not at all.

Judge Yoda by his lightsaber do you?

[face_shame_on_you]

And well you should not - for his ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Yoda could have handled both situations in entirely different ways - and since we're discussing the removal of a Yoda fight scene from Episode II, why can't we assume that any instances where Yoda would need to use his saber before Sidious would not also be removed? Though, granted, I would miss the Jedi temple scene with the troopers...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.