main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you prefer Yoda to fight only in Episode 3?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Aiden_Sanic, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    This was the thread I was thinking of...it's quite interesting. Check it out.

2. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    I think my view of Yoda would have been diminished had I only seen Yoda against Sids. When we see him Pwn Dookoo, it let's us know that he is a BMF and Emperor worthy.

3. JediBoo

JediBoo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    I liked it the way it turned out.
    Sure enough, saving Yoda for ROTS would only make it even more unique.
    But IMO, the way the story turned out, I'm pretty glad he fought in AOTC first.

My reason mainly by the time it came to Anakin fighting Obi-Wan, the movie was already "in the ditch", I was sobbing from the depressing events that rolled out before the fights.

Yoda's kick-ass pose would have killed the emotions, although him using the Force to knock out the Red Guards mildly spoilt that. But luckily it was just that small stunt he pulled off, and we are already comfortable with his agility.

Either way, I would gear more towards he fighting in AOTC first, just for the emotions factor.

4. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    I know it would screw up the cool ending of Episode 2, but I think it would of made Yoda V.S. Sidious EVEN MORE cooler if that was the fight where Yoda first uses a lightsaber.

You said it right there. Episode 2 needed that cool ending. Episode 3 already has enough cool plot lines.

5. DarExc

DarExc Jedi Master star 1

Jan 27, 2002
    Yeah, I can watch all Episodes 1,3-6 without much pain but episode 2 was just awful, without the Yoda fight in there I'd have to say it wouldn't have had anything to look forward to seeing. For me Episode 3 wasn't really about seeing Yoda fight, it was about seeing Sidious fight, the ultimate force user.

6. JF_052

JF_052 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2005
    WRONG!

*clone troopers sneak up on Yoda*
    Audience: "Oh, Chewbacca's gonna save him..."
    *lightsaber noise, clone heads roll*
    Audience: "HOLY CRAP, YODA CAN USE A LIGHTSABER!!"

7. JediBoo

JediBoo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    Now THAT would kick ass indeed.

8. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    Guess what???

this (just like every other topic:p ) has been done before....

check it out;)

9. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Actually, I like seeing Yoda meet his match in RotS. In AotC we see that Yoda truly is the Master Jedi. Dooku had no chance had the fight been able to continue. It establishes Yoda as the only one who could hang with the Emperor. The fight in RotS is the logical extension of the events of AotC. Without the establishment of AotC, RotS is a drastic move.

10. lordvicious

lordvicious Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Hmm, I want to say I would have rather have seen Mace rescue Obi and Ani from Dooku. It would develop Mace's characters and abilities more and show that he could stand toe to toe with Dooku validating his fight with Palpatine in III a little better. However, we needed to see Yoda's abilities prior to his fight with the Emperor since we knew he was not going to win. It was also good to see the bar Yoda set in fighting. I think that is the only reason we see Sidious flip around during his fight with Mace is that GL wanted to show that Sidious was on par with Yoda prior to fighting him.

Weighing these two factors, I would like to have seen Mace vs. Dooku in light of what we would have gained for the plot in III. While we are changing things, there would be no lightning for Dooku in AOTC either.

11. rbarcia

rbarcia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 6, 2002
    I think Yoda fighting for the first time would have taken away from the significance of Obi One/Anakin fight which I think GL wanted the focus of the move to really be on Anakin.

12. Just_Joe

Just_Joe Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 9, 2002
    Nah, I say leave Yoda's first lightsaber fight in AOTC.

The Yoda vs. Sidious fight was more emotion driven, and watching Yoda use his lightsaber for the first time would have been a distraction. We knew Yoda could fight from AOTC and we knew Sidious could fight from his earlier battle....so it was more like, "Aw yeah, ultimate Jedi master versus Ultimate Sith master. Who's gonna win!?" .......as if you already didnt know. ;)

Plus it was good to see Yoda sorta win his AOTC fight. He got to show off his skills a bit to a lesser fighter(Dooku) instead of just losing his first on-screen battle to a stronger opponent(Sidious).

Plus watching him open his robe up and ignite his lightsaber for the first time in AOTC is still one of my favorite moments. :) Ecspecially since I wasnt emotionally saddened by AOTC like I was while watching ROTS.

If he did it in ROTS, I would have been like........-sniff--sniff-....oh, cool! Awesome!......-sniff- -sniff- :_|

:D

13. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    It would be nice but hurt "the duel" and I'm not much on Mace saving Anakin and Obi. We wouldn't have found out Dooku was trained by Yoda either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.