main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you purchase the O-OT?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jedi_master_bac, Mar 28, 2006.

?

Would you purchase the O-OT?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Yes

70.7%
  2. No

23.9%
  3. Undecided

5.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    My parents, bereft of brilliant things to give me for Christmas, would get them for me. Otherwise, I get books every year.

3. darthzeppo

darthzeppo Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 21, 2005
    No, because I like the changes & I don?t have a sentimental attachment to mat lines.

4. cronus8

cronus8 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    1. Fetts REAL voice.

2. "Good thing you don't taste very good."

3. Shawn back as the ghost.

4. Real Vader/Emperor talk in ESB.

5. The memories of seeing them exactly as I did when I was a kid in the theaters.

Heck yes I am getting them.

5. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I'm getting them so that I have the original versions and because I've wanted to try editing the films for my own enjoyment and learning, and this would give me the other soundmix and I personally prefer "You're lucky you don't taste very good." to "You were lucky to get out of there." as the first depicts Luke as having a better wit.

6. LukeCloudjogger

LukeCloudjogger Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    '

You know... it's more than just matte lines that were changed.

7. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    No. I already own the trilogy on DVD and I don't like the idea of spending money to buy the original which I'll never watch.

8. darthzeppo

Aug 21, 2005

You know... it's more than just matte lines that were changed.
    LukeCloudjogger

Han shooting first, Hayden ghoast, extra stormies, song and dance in Jabbas palace, salacc, Ewok song gone, extra celebrations ect.

I grew up watching the SEs. I?m fine with the changes & I?ll gladly exchange Han shooting first for the removal of the big black line around the Rancor.

So there would be no point in my buying them. However I am O.K. that they are made available for historical purposes & for the people who want them.

9. LukeCloudjogger

LukeCloudjogger Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Don't let it be all about special effects, especially moreso than content. I don't care about the big black line around the Rancor because it shows the special effects from the time, but if ONLY matte lines were removed, and nothing else, I would be fine.

But if the matte lines WEREN'T removed, I still would not care because you and I should be more concentrated on the story than OOOH-ing and AAAH-ing at the effects.

10. darthzeppo

Aug 21, 2005
    I do care about the story more than the effects. Which is why I don?t care about the SE changes. Most were touching up or adding stuff. The most controversial are Han Shooting first ? which I agree with. Hayden Ghost ? which I like except that I wish they had filmed him in his own robes & aged him. Jabba added in ANH don?t care either way.
    I like the changes even the ones that have slightly altered the story.

so no point in me buying O-OT

11. Hutch23

Hutch23 Jedi Knight star 1

May 15, 2006
    I'm going to show the love for the line change that affected me the most:

"Wait I thought you were blind?!"

From "It's alright, trust me!"

To "It's alrightIcanseealotbetter!" *words compounded to illustrate speed of speech*

That's really the one thing that drove me up the wall.

12. Darthgordon

Darthgordon Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    I never noticed that....

I won't buy it b/c I don't need another copy. Sure I think I'd rent it, just for nostalgic reasons. After so many people complaining that they wanted the o-original trilogy released on dvd, Lucasfilm finally said -sure... very original, not cleaned up, no real surround sound, no enhanced picture, no extras. Basically, anyone who still has an old laser disc or even VHS will get the same thing.

I'm personally fine w/ the changes. In the dvd release they even fixed alot of the stuff people complained about w/ the SE.... sure Greedo still shoots first, but at least it doesn't look as bad... and Jabba looked a little bit more like Jabba. ...now if they'd just take out that stupid dance number in Jabba's palace....[face_thinking]

13. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I will but the O-OT on DVD and if he ever puts the SE-OT on DVD I will buy that.

14. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I pre-ordered the current versions of STAR WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE, STAR WARS EPISODE V: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI on DVD that come with the original versions of those movies on DVD as bonus material from STARWARSSHOP.com way back when. :cool:

15. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    George Lucas owns my soul..... So, Yes, I'll buy it.

16. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    You're right, but if Lucas had left such an obvious plothole in one of the prequels, people would have all been "Luca$ is such a hack!", etc, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.