main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you rather see more seasons of TCW and LA Underworld over Episodes 7-9 and Spin offs?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CaptainRex115, Feb 11, 2013.

?

What would you rather have?

1. More seasons of TCW & the Live Action series

65.7%
  2. Episodes 7-9 and Spin off Movies

34.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Wow... Great minds truly think alike. Couldn't have said it better myself. Word for word :)

2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I just want the Live Action show, no more seasons of TCW (or maybe one more to wrap it up) and definitely no sequel movies/spin-offs.

3. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Does anyone else get the feeling like Underworld is going to be the "Battlefront 3" in terms of TV/movie Star Wars?

QuangoFett and JackG like this.
  4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    There are many people who feel that way still today.

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Let me start by saying that I'm still in shock that were getting Episode 7-9. Then we get news that were going to get Marvel style spin off movies. My initial take on it is that the more star wars the better. But, GL is no longer the main man behind it, its now other people. Okay, the concept will probably from GL, but he is not going to be editing, writing, directing, cutting, etc to the way he wants things. Its going to be someone else. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Who knows, but my thing is after all these years of saying no more movies and its just 6 movies and its over, to now its like wow. So I'm still skeptic about this. I'm not going to mention or speculate as to what Episode 7 will be and if it will trample over anything done in the EU. What we do know is that GL has always mantained that the 6 movies are the "offical version" and that the EU is a different one separate from the movies. So in hindsight, they can do whatever timeline after ROTJ and continue the movie canon.

As for the spin offs, when I first envisioned spin offs, I thought of animated direct dvd ones, not live action movies. Does star wars have compelling characters for a spin off movie? And what inplications will that do, cause you know that every movie will bring extra novels and comic books. Will that contradict anything done before?

And why now all of a sudden, we have 5 star wars movies in the pipe between 2015/16 -2021/2022? Isn't this a bit of over saturation? I mean the prequels while they made money suffered badly. The word of mouth was not great for those movies as compared to the OT ones.

Then the live action tv series, is it going to happen is it not? Now that everything is in the back burner for the new movie whats going to happen to all those scripts? Are they also going to release live action tv? Over saturate stuff to the point that instead of making a brand good you cheapen it?

Is star wars turning into the new star trek? Time will tell.

As for the clone wars, lets face it I don't want it to end in season 6 and unless they cut things I don't think it will. If anything I think we got up to season 8 and thats because those guys probably have stories and episodes there working on up till that point anyways. In fact, I still think they got a couple of good stories left to tell. This series has become a very interesting bridge between Episode 2 and 3 and I don't think there is any franchise out there that can boast that kind of bridge between movie and animated series. I'd like them to continue for a couple more seasons with the clone wars and lead it directly into the Episode 3 movie and then cover parallel to the events of the movie into Order 66 and beyond into the Dark Times. Giving the clone war writers greater flexibility and seguing in the wars with events from Epsiode 4 till ROTJ. This would be awesome. But at least into the Dark Times. Making the series long running ad seguing in both trilogies.

Then we have to move onto new things involving the sequel trilogy. So here is my delima. I want them all, but is more a good thing?

6. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Just wondering what reaction did you think you were going to get about on the television thread... [face_dancing]

7. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    I cant see any good stories which would hold the audience over a long period, just watching one location. That huge toilet called the underworld. Its like a huge sewer. I nearly smelled the urine coming out of the screen when i watched how Ahsoka talked about that "nice place" to Ventress.

I dont think that underworld concept was well thought out. Mccallum was a crazy old man. (lol) They should better keep some more TCW episodes on the broadcast. They can change the name into Star Wars - RESISTANCE

Thats a cool name. Dark times sounds like "dark room"..

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    6 seasons for a TV show is a good round number. good TV shows that go for 7 solid seasons is very, very rare. I would love if the TCW crew just moved onto the "Episode 6.5" story and did all pre-ST stuff.

9. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    idgaf. Moar Staw Wars pl0x

10. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Much as I love TCW and the idea of the live action show, Star Wars started on the big screen and the idea of continuing that story excites me. We've had five seasons of TCW and I've loved them, but I would be more disappointed if the new trilogy was cancelled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.