main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Solo: A Star Wars Story: 24th May

Supanova: Sydney (15-17 June), Perth (22-24 June), Adelaide (2-4 November), Brisbane (9-11 November)

Oz Comic Con: Melbourne (9-10 June), Brisbane (22-23 September), Sydney (29-30 September)

2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

FF:VIC Would You Save The Life Of A Helpless Tyrant? (Australia)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by RoninAquila, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    I was a fan of the few articles Bolt dedicated to attacking John Butler for his "hymns to hypocrisy". Quality stuff.

2. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Let's face it, the only good thing John Butler has ever done is the opening guitar riff to "Zebra".

3. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    I disagree. The worst thing John Butler has ever done is the opening guitar riff to Zebra. That song annoys me no end.

His earlier stuff (I know, I know, I'm a cliche) is much better. IMO, his first, self-titled album is as good as it gets.

4. Black_Hope

Black_Hope Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2005
    Had I have been a complete stranger I would have come to Palpatines aid, if I was Anakin I wouldn't have chopped Windu's hand off instead I would have parried his attack and drove him away from Palpatine and then together take him for trail.

5. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    If I know the man is evil I will help get rid of him because I know thing's will be better off in the long run. If you could have gotten rid of people like Stalin, Pol Pot, Pinoche, Milosovic etc. before they did anything terrible would you have hesitated?

PS. John Howard really isn't the head of State. That is the Queen (with the Governor General her representative)

PPS. There is nothing terribly wrong with John Howard. He's a lot better than most of the people in his position before him. And there's not much of an alternative (looks at Kim Beazley, Bob Brown (Goddammit I hate the Greens))

PPPS. Most of what Bolt rights is based on hard evidence. (he may be pushing the 'no stolen generation' a bit far though)

PPPPS. I hate John Butler.

6. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] :_|

Oh, man you are brilliant!

7. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    *vomits in terror*

[face_sick]

8. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I retract the bolt statement

*Gets back in box, closes lid*

9. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    Yeah that's no comment to be proud of mate!!!

I saw Bolt on tv the other day, hilariously entertaining. Why is it he performed exactly as I expected he would: talking over everyone while generalising and offending entire communities. Ah, Bolt.

And he likes to paint his toenails pink. Whoa.

10. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Yes, such a wonderful performer for the Sun. It's sad that someone who is purely employed to insense is taken so seriously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.