1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Sydney (16th-18th June), Perth (23rd-25th June)

Oz Comic Con: Melbourne (1st-2nd July), Brisbane (23rd-24th September)

FF:VIC Would You Save The Life Of A Helpless Tyrant? (Australia)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by RoninAquila, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I was a fan of the few articles Bolt dedicated to attacking John Butler for his "hymns to hypocrisy". Quality stuff.
  2. AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight

star 5
    Let's face it, the only good thing John Butler has ever done is the opening guitar riff to "Zebra".
  3. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I disagree. The worst thing John Butler has ever done is the opening guitar riff to Zebra. That song annoys me no end.

His earlier stuff (I know, I know, I'm a cliche) is much better. IMO, his first, self-titled album is as good as it gets.
  4. Black_Hope Jedi Youngling

Had I have been a complete stranger I would have come to Palpatines aid, if I was Anakin I wouldn't have chopped Windu's hand off instead I would have parried his attack and drove him away from Palpatine and then together take him for trail.
  5. Kyptastic VIP

star 5
    If I know the man is evil I will help get rid of him because I know thing's will be better off in the long run. If you could have gotten rid of people like Stalin, Pol Pot, Pinoche, Milosovic etc. before they did anything terrible would you have hesitated?

PS. John Howard really isn't the head of State. That is the Queen (with the Governor General her representative)

PPS. There is nothing terribly wrong with John Howard. He's a lot better than most of the people in his position before him. And there's not much of an alternative (looks at Kim Beazley, Bob Brown (Goddammit I hate the Greens))

PPPS. Most of what Bolt rights is based on hard evidence. (he may be pushing the 'no stolen generation' a bit far though)

PPPPS. I hate John Butler.
  6. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] :_|

Oh, man you are brilliant!
  7. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
  8. Kyptastic VIP

star 5
    I retract the bolt statement

*Gets back in box, closes lid*
  9. Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah that's no comment to be proud of mate!!!

I saw Bolt on tv the other day, hilariously entertaining. Why is it he performed exactly as I expected he would: talking over everyone while generalising and offending entire communities. Ah, Bolt.

And he likes to paint his toenails pink. Whoa.
  10. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, such a wonderful performer for the Sun. It's sad that someone who is purely employed to insense is taken so seriously.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.