main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Would you still go see the ST if C3P0/R2-D2/Lando were recast?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darthbane2007, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
  2. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I'm fine with recasting the droids, but they won't recast Lando.

If they want Lando and Billy Dee can't, they won't use the character at all.

3. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    If they can't get Kenny Baker or Anthony Daniels, then the droids should not be in it...

General Immodet likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I would still post here if all of the derivative posters in here were recast.

LawJedi likes this.
  5. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    yes they should, if they are needed in the story.

I love kenny Baker, but he wasnt R2 for most of the prequels. Artoo was CGI.

As for Threepio, Anthony Daniels is not a deal breaker for me.

I mean Anthony Daniels is not as iconic as the big three (four with Lando). Moviegoers in general are not even awared that there is someone in Threepio suit.

6. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    C-3PO is not C-3PO if he is not played by Daniels.
    Actually, I do not think Baker will come back.
    If you remember correctly you will notice almost all ROTS scenes featured a digital R2-D2.
    I do not mind a digital R2-D2, but I do mind a digital C-3PO.

And yeah, Lando. The movies should not feature Lando if they cannot convince Billy Dee Williams to return.

7. johnrain39

johnrain39 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Recast Lando with Will Smith.

8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    We will all go see it, no matter who they cast and no matter how many impulsive blood oaths fans will swear not to go see it if "so and so" happens...everyone will go see it.
    More than once.

9. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    There's a thing called continuity and if u start recasting and al that, u break it. Leave the cast as they are.

10. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    It sounds unreasonable however I want no one recast, I'd still see SW even if they were but it wouldn't be as exciting as seeing the originals return. If the story is sometime AFTER Jedi then being older would fit with the story anyway, time will tell.

11. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Baker defiantly won't come back. He's how old? Eighty? I doubt he'd want to go back into the R2 suit. Anthony Daniels and Billy Dee Williams on the other hand, I do see coming back.

12. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Why do you need to do anything with R2D2? I mean, it's not like he has any lines of dialogue other that *beep, beep bo beep*

As for C3PO, Daniels does everything Star Wars associated with him. The audiobooks, the radio dramas, Lego Star Wars, The Clone Wars (both microseries and the current one) he will be back, there is no question.

Regarding Lando, I'm seeing this movie regardless of what they do for casting.

13. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    They should just make R2 CGI. TBH I think it would've made more sense for no one to have played R2 in the OT, they should've just had him be a remote control robot.

14. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    R2 doesn't matter. Kenny Baker is great but the chances of him returning are slim to none.

I would be fine with Threepio being recast, if Daniels is uncomfortable being in the suit again. But even if that's the case, there's no doubt he'd at least provide the voice. He's too involved in Star Wars to just... stop at this point.

Lando, like any other human character, should not be recast. If Williams can't do it, nobody should.

CaptainHamYoyo likes this.