main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Would you want a EU book to become a movie?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lonewolf89, Oct 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Wow. You know you're frightening ? ;)

This is interesting indeed, but you forgot to include de second part of I, Jedi (Corran all pirate).

And I still think it isn't enough 'concentrated', as it should for a series.

That's why I still prefer my idea of a RS show.

(But nevertheless, your planning is interesting, and I'd love to watch - ahem, direct ? - that)

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, I was assuming I, Jedi would act as a bookend narrative to the JAT, so that's why I included it with JS, DA and COTF. Basicly the first episode would be I, Jedi's start, which would flow into the JAT (with Corran's portions added into the stories) and then COTF's last episode, for example, would include the Corran as a pirate stuff. You're right though, that could, concievably be it's own episode.

As for the lack of concentration, like I said, it would be a semi-epic anthology. Basicly a combination of star wars, with a sense of "season spanning epic"-like qualities in the vein of shows like Babylon 5, mixed in with the anthology-style of The Outer Limits or Twilight Zone.

You'll also note that while it may seem less concentrated at the start (and it is to a degree), those first two seasons or so help set the stage and pieces (aka characters) that are used in the later seasons, when the stories start becoming much more consecutive (especially when you get to NJO, for obvious reasons).

3. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Anything anime would absolutely rule. The art is excellent--sorry, I can't stand Batman/Superman art...it's so blocky. Anime has also been getting increasingly popular in the US, so I know it'd actually be a possibility. A TV series would be nice, but the bad thing about that is that a lot of times the actors *just* don't look right. A doubt there would be movies of NJO... that'd take ages, since they really would have to include the PB's in it for it to make sense.

4. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    My problem with 'condensation' comes from the fact that each of your seasons spans over years, and I have a hard time imagining that in a series.

But otherwise, it might work. (And I really drool thinking of it...)

Ah, and ANIME RULES !

5. ComicDude

ComicDude Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2001
    I'd like to see a series on the Jedi Apprentice books or a mini-series version of Jedi Quest.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>My problem with 'condensation' comes from the fact that each of your seasons spans over years, and I have a hard time imagining that in a series.<<

Understandable. I do have a hard time thinking of a comparison/precedent..oh well, a new style of series then, all the better to make the series stand out as something more original than a mere film-spin off::)

Even though it wouldn't be "in-line" with the films, I imagine either an X-Files-like time/location label in a corner of the screen or having some sort of screen showing the placement of the current episode on a timeline or a "years after yavin"/"years after endor" designation would suffice.

Who knows, maybe during that first season, between some of the year-jumping episodes they could air the actual films.

So the first week they'd air the first Dark Forces 2-hour thing on the "real" night/timeslot, then they could air, say, 2 days before the next episode they could air ANH and ESB back-to-back. Then they could start SOTE. Then when those 3 episodes have aired, 2 days prior to Bakura's start they could air ROTJ. From there the series is somewhat linear (although, granted, shifting focus from Katarn to Rogue Squadron).

It could work, it might not work, but it's a start::)

7. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Yup. The X-Files thingie could do the trick.

Sounds good to me. When do we begin ? ;)

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Soon as we have the budget, rights, channel distributor, cast, crew and..oh yeah, Lucasfilm's blessing[face_batting]

9. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Hum... Might take some time... I guess we gotta make things move faster.

::uses Force persuasion on George Lucas... but suddenly realizes GL is on another continent and THAT HE HAS NOT ENOUGH MIDICHLORIANS TO USE THE FORCE::

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Thats where we can start- a midichlorian drive, we'll inject them in you so you can go cross-continent on Lucas, Jedi-style[face_batting]

11. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Okay, I'll let you do the researches... ANd while you do that, I'm gonna watch my TPM DVD ! :D

LOL [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.