main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Would you want this person as professor?

Discussion in 'Community' started by beezel26, Dec 17, 2012.

1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I found this on an online dating website.
    I am looking for an intelligent and attractive man. I want both, but intelligence will go first. I want a man I respect. I don't like arrogant men. I also don't like snobbish, elitist people. I like humble men, but I don't like simple men.

I am down to earth and fun, but I am not easygoing. I love traveling and I do it as often as I can.

I will obviously start by dating but with the definite goal of a serious, committed relationship. I won't date just for the sake of dating. I'm not playing around just to kill time, I'm not just in need of attention, and I will be very blunt about it.

Also, I don't date Republicans...

Please don't use the "you want to meet me" feature as I don't go through those. If you want to talk to me you should message me.

Finally, please don't contact me unless you have a degree - at least associates degree. I am sorry, but we would not be compatible and it would be a waste of time for you, and for me.

I saw the profile and was immediately disgusted as a person. Its intellectual racism. The same condensation that created the Jim Crowe laws. Academics who think they are superior to all others. I have a degree and I am always learning more as a mechanic as the technology changes. But this makes me feel sorry for her students. Seriously she is so inflexible and condensenting. I bet everyone hates this teacher. She is so high on herself. Hell my profile is pathetic and reeks of desperation but what do you expect out of those who turn to online dating?

2. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    So she turned you down?

Amazing.

Guinastasia and Ender_Sai like this.
  3. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005

4. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
  5. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I see nothing unusual here.

6. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    So someone wants to date someone with similar interests and on the same intellectual plain? Disgraceful.

7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah, she sounds pretty upfront about what she wants and doesn't want. She's not willing to settle. I see nothing wrong with this. She's out of your league. Move on to the next profile and stop obsessing.

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Disgusting is right. Next thing you'll see guys not wanting to date overweight women.

9. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    intellectual racism

also, i'm confused. are we supposed to be rating this persons teaching ability based on their criteria on a dating website? there's nothing in there that can be used to judge their capabilities as an academic, save the notion that they prize education and intelligence in a mate. if that's the only criteria to go on, hell yes i'd want them as a professor. it means they have their priorities in order.

10. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Kinda misses the "Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before." at the end. Other than that it's fine.

11. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    For a second I thought beezel was trying to become a teacher.

12. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    That's political racism. I've never been so disgusted.

Ender_Sai likes this.
  13. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I know. That same sublimation led to Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

14. George Roper

Oct 31, 2012
    Actually, I think I might have been a bit hasty in labeling it political racism. I think it might just be intellectual racism again.

V-2 likes this.
  15. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    First off she is not out of my league. She disgusts me. I can hold my own with any intellectual individual. Just because I am a mechanic doesn't make me some nascar loving hillybilly honkytonk that can't do squat. Don't let a job fool you into thinking what we may or may not be as people. It is the inflexible intellectual racism that they are so open about. I dont want condesending, arrogant people in my life. I like people open to new ideas. If that is one thing is board has taught me is to be open to new ideas and respect everyone. Even if sometimes I forget it. If I had a teacher like this it would be obvious they wouldn't score high in my book for teaching unless it was about programming a computer or accounting. Teachers don't know everything. And to think that you do as a teacher diminishes your capacity to be an effective teacher. Your arrogance and lack of understanding toward all people regardless of race, creed, religion, and political affiliation destroys your humanity. It makes you less loved. Less wanted. Less effective and less empathetic.

16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    So, what does her criteria for the men she dates have to do with her profession?

I mean, people have personal lives, and they have their professional lives. What makes you think she brings her dating preferences into the classroom? You're making incredibly ridiculous assumptions.

17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    you are making so many assumptions about this person. so many.

18. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    if someone is willing to put this on a public website for everyone to read then I would really have to question their professional integrity towards their students. Not to mention their impartiality.

19. George Roper

Oct 31, 2012
    Sorry, but does she actually say that she's a professor?

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    you know absolutely nothing about this person except she wants to date an educated non-republican.

21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    One has nothing to do with the other. Her dating preferences are a part of her personal life, and her teaching is a part of her professional life. You know nothing about this woman or how she conducts herself in her profession. You're making assumptions based on a dating site profile.

22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    lol @ thinking holding a degree has much to do with intellect, plus the unnecessary ellipses...

My interests include making fun of random strangers on the internet.

23. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
  24. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Racist.

Dark Lady Mara and V-2 like this.
  25. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003

That's anyone not a republican then.