main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

would your collecting habits change if you won the lottery?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by SithAboveAll, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I don't know, do you think Fedex would ship to my private island fortress? [face_thinking]

2. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I'd start my own line of statues and busts, not for sale, just for myself and to post pics of on the internet. I'd hire a few professionals and personally design some figures about the size of the Attakus statues. I'd make a Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus, Darth Vader, Darth Sidious, General Grievous, Grievous' Bodyguards, Emperor's Royal Guard, Jedi Luke, Qui-Gon Jinn, Young Obi-Wan, an Old Ben Kenobi, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, IG-88, Clone Commander, R2D2 and C3PO set, Yoda, Mace Windu, Preggo Padme, Bespin Leia, and, for the finale, a "custom" Darth Plageuis (how I picture him).

3. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    I'd probably buy more expensive stuff (Code-3, GG, Sideshow, MR and the like) and get some really nice displays. Also I'd probably get more costumes, and get some nice manakins to display them on.

4. Odowan

Odowan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2004
    I would finnaly get some onf the Sideshow, Gentle Giant, and Master Replicas stuff that I've been wanting, but were out of my spending range. And I would probably buy some Vintage figures as well.

5. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    By "won the lottery" i assume you mean hit the jackpot...i am thinking a more then comfortable ammount
    here, lets say, after taxes, 20 million dollars was mine, lump sum.

First I would set all my life necessities in order. Bills for House, cars, Family, Friends...then travel ect.
    Then, i would either buy a smaller home, or add a huge room to my house, thiswoudl be the display room
    I would finally have the room, time and funds to construct the Dioramas i have inside my head, as well as display my collection properly.
    If i won the lotto, I would be able to afford all the things i want. [face_good_luck]
    Right now i am on a tight budget, that barely allows me to buy any collectibles, forget about higher end collectibles and replicas. If i hit the big lotto, i would buy a life size R2, Movie props, original posters ect...

My theory wouldnt change, id still buy what i want, only now id be able to afford "everything" i want.

6. Jabba_Da_Gutt

Jabba_Da_Gutt Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2003
    Fun topic!

I'd upgrade from my 7" Unleashed line to the Kotobukiya Statuettes. Then I think I'd browse through Master Replicas a little more closely... Pick up a couple replica lightsabers, blasters and studio scale models. And maybe a helmet or two.

Yeeeaaaahh...[face_thinking]

7. hunter_ofthe_myst_ra

hunter_ofthe_myst_ra Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 2003
    most likely not. I don't have much more space for anything else.

8. Leo73

Leo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    Being a rabid Yoda collector, I would buy one of those limited bronze Yodas for my house. I would have one giant room with all my prized pieces in glass cases and that piece would be in the middle of the room with all the framed posters lining the walls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.