main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion wouldn't Allana Solo make a great lead for the ST?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by rocknroll41, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    for those of you who don't know, she is the granddaughter of Han and Leia and the daughter of their son, Jacen, who turned to the dark side and was eventually killed. Allana was then adopted by Han and Leia. I think she would be great as the new protagonist for these reasons:

1.She's a girl. Star Wars needs more of that.
    2.She hasn't really grown up in the EU yet, which leaves more creative room for her character to be explored.
    3.Luke, Jacen and Ben (Luke's son) have had future visions of her growing up to be "a Jedi Queen on a white throne" who "unifies the galaxy." This sounds like it would make a great plot device for the ST.
    4.She can be upset at the fact that she never knew her real parents (ala Luke when he was young) and learn during the ST that her father was a Sith (ala Luke learning that Vader was his dad).

So what do you think?

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I think this belongs in the EU thread, myself....

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    What I think? That jumping over an entire generation is a bad idea. Too many new Sky/Solos to introduce ... exposition-heavy ... messy.

4. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Sorry it's my first day here so I'm still learning about the place.

while I agree with you, I also think it shouldn't be too hard if you just keep the focus on Allana with Jaina Solo as her guardian/ caretaker and Ben Skywalker as a sort-of side mentor. With Luke, Han and Leia's roles limited to just cameos.

5. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    She would be a pretty good way to cash in on teen protags of the YA mould that are all the rage, in that she's an entitled little brat and other characters keep taking bullets for her.

6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I doubt Arndt would be enamored with having to explain Jacens demise or hapan culture or Chewies absence on screen. Then there are also all the new non-Sky/Solo characters to introduce. If I had to write the screenplay, it would give me headaches.

Easier to just run with Han/Leia children or Luke kids.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  7. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
  8. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.