main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wouldnt it have been great if Padme was still alive when he is in the suit?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthArachnid, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthArachnid

DarthArachnid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2004
    Vader that is.. Imagine him in the suit, after the fight with Obi Wan, coming seek out Padme secretly, trying to convince he is Anakin, and she is ofcourse scared of him as she doesn't recognize him anymore. Maybe her ship crashes somewhere after Vader desperately tries to pursuit her, and the babies are saved somehow.

That would have been really tragic and more convincing then Anakin all of a sudden choking the one he did it all for like in ROTS, in a way that he really feels betrayed and has no reason to feel sad for her anymore and becomes this bitter heartless machine, blending in with his robotic outfit. By the time of ROTJ he ofcourse realizes he had to thank it all to himself.

2. Galaxie_Star

Galaxie_Star Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2005
    No, simply no...

BUT

But it would be nice to have Padme mentionned in the OT beside when Leia talks crypticly about her. Just to remember that something was lost there...anyway...

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I think the point was that both Anakin and Padme's lives ended at about the same time.

Plus, your way we wouldn't get the amazing scene where both the twins and Vader are born. :cool:

4. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    No, terrible idea. There's a strong birth/death metaphor going on here. And the very reason Vader can fully embrace the dark side is because Padme is dead and he has nothing left.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    He already blames himself for her death, because he had choked her and broke her heart. Besides, it's all the more bittersweet that she doesn't see him as the monster. But sees the good man that he was right before he attacked her.

6. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Thats just too dramatic in my opinon. I mean, vaders a stern sith lord after the suit. He and padme trying to talk would be awkward, he would be angry and evil sounding while she'd be crying and calling him Ani and stuff.

I just don't see where that could possibly fit.

7. Darthgordon

Darthgordon Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    I don't really think so. Vader being responsible for Padme's death gives him a reason to try and bury Anakin. It's a big part of why he is completely (until the end of the Saga that is) Darth Vader and why he ubruptly cuts Luke off and says that the name Anakin has no meaning for him. He doesn't want to remember who he was. He not only betrayed his friends, but killed the one person he loved more than anything. That is much more painful than loosing a loved one to an accident.

We also get to see her at the end still claiming that there is still good in him.

8. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I think the current death of Padme was fine.

9. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Padme: Who the hell are you?

Vader: It's me, Anakin!

Padme: For God's sake! When I suggested we spice things up a bit with a mask and a cape I was think more along the lines of Zorro!

10. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    lol

11. AnakinSucks

AnakinSucks Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    Great idea.

Vader would stalk her only to be PWNED by a female who has no interest in a guy with no appropriate tools.

12. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Of course after he's rejected by Padme there'd still be room for the horrible
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

13. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    [face_laugh] Reminds me of the sort of thing TWD would have write.

Anyway, I completely agree with most people here. To do it as suggested by the author would have been way too over the top and not only that would have destroyed the visual poetry and beauty of the the birth/death/death/rebirth sequence.

14. DarthArachnid

DarthArachnid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2004
    well, i agree it could be silly, but somehow it played as a great nightmarish scene in my mind. In a darkened room on Naboo. Vader in agony asking Padme for forgiveness for his deeds and to remain his wife, trying to get to her. Padme is ofcourse in great fear of this robotic murderer. Vader then gets angry cause all he has done and sacrificed just for her, was for nothing. He wants to see the kid, but she refuses to tell him the location. He then unleashes a great tantrum, tearing the place up.

15. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I think it would greatly harm the character of Darth Vader to have him begging her, and it would lose the effect that the Dark Side has on your mind, whereas the current film shows just how much the Dark Side twists you, even being able to make you kill the very person you turned to protect.

16. DarthApocalypse

DarthApocalypse Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2007
    If Padme were still alive during the OT, there would be no reason to have Luke because Padme could redeem Vader on her own. Who better than your wife to convince you that for 20 years you have been an arrogant dark side jerk?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.