main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wouldn't this be fun?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Zeroun, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeroun

Zeroun Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2006
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugKqfWq_6u4

Background music aside, that has got to be one of the more interesting ideas I've seen in a long time. How much fun would that have been for Luke and Leia to learn that neither of their parents had lived up to there expectations? Plus, the idea that Padme could have been overtly responsible for Anakin's fall is just too good an idea.

But enough of my incessant babbling, what do you think?

2. Darth_Lear

Darth_Lear Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    Leia knew nothing of her parents apart from vague feelings of sadness regarding her mother, which were justified in terms of the events of the PT.

Luke knew nothing of his mother. And as for his father, ROTJ adequately dealt with this issue.

I suggest this should be locked.

DL

3. Zeroun

Sep 5, 2006
    Uh...yeah...so?

Well yes, I have seen the movies.

Because...? I just felt that it was a neat reinterpretation of the prequel trilogy and I thought that some people might get a kick out of it. What is it about this post makes you think it should be locked?

4. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    LMAO

That was great. [face_laugh]

5. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    I think it was a lot of fun! I liked that it was scored with 'Peer Gynt', that comico-tragic operetta, which seemed to underscore the idea that the editor of this fictitious trailer was just having a good time. I'm not sure it should be taken any more seriously than that.

6. galaxie_gal89

galaxie_gal89 Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2006
    I love that, such an awesome twist... but wasn't she kind of already to blame for his downfall?

7. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I suggest you let the mods do the moderating. :)

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Boobie...

The ultimate power in teh universe.
    [face_laugh]

9. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    hey mods, wake the hell up. this belongs in humor or something off-topic.

10. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    What the hell? Why are all you users telling us how to mod? There is not a humor forum. Humor threads can be here. And the user posts an interesting topic for discussion. So please knock off the comments about the thread. If you don't like the topic then please don't post in it.

11. Zeroun

Sep 5, 2006
    It appears that there has been some confusion on the nature of this thread, allow me to clarify. While the video in question was intended for humor, I felt that it presented an interesting idea about Luke and Leia's parents: What if neither of them had been all that great of people? Also, what if Padme had seduced Anakin, using him as her puppet to ascend to power? How would that color Vader and his actions with that sort of betrayal in his past?

That said, I think that this sort of history would make Vader's actions in ESB and ROTJ all the more compelling. We see his relationship with Luke mirroring the mistakes he made with Padme, as well as an attempt to develop the relationship he tried to create with Padme.

On the Prequel front we would now have an interesting subplot to run throughout the movies, one that no one could really see coming; Padme, sitting back in her seat of power, secretly twisting and manipulating others, all the while putting up the facade of a kindhearted senator. We saw this coming with Palpatine a mile away, but with Padme! Who would suspect? What a twist it would make!

That's my two cents anyway, what say you, true believers?

12. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    Star Wars is certainly becoming more and more morally ambiguous. Knights of the Old Republic, classic example. The ideas you put forth however I don't think would work. Luke's been pretty much sorted, Leia doesn't really need to be IMO and Padme, had it been the other way around in her pursuing Anakin, then the idea of using him to attain power would be a possibility. Besides up until recently Star Wars has very much been about clear cut good guys and bad guys. Even taking shades of gray into account I don't see Padme being anything less than virtuous.

13. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    Hmmm! [face_thinking]

Padme and Palpatine -- both begin with the letter 'P' , both a politicians, also beginning with the letter 'P' . . . and both are Senators from the planet (another 'P' word) of Naboo!!!

Padme's alternate persona is cloaked in disguise, as is the hoodie fashion king of the Sith, Lord Sidious.

Both disguise their voices while dressed 'in character'

Padme gives birth to the twins, Palpatine gives birth to Vader

Coincidence or conspiracy?

14. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I really don't know waht this means or what I think about it. (At least that Vader acted Ot-ish)

15. Obi-Chron

Nov 11, 2003
    It means . . . . VADER WINS! [face_dancing]

Who knew he had such smooth moves -- stands up for his lady too! =D=

16. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Knights of the Old Republic is morally ambiguous? The game makes you choose between paragon of virture and lightning wielding schoolyard bully. The comic has a group of 'Jedi' slaughtering Padawans based on visions of the future. I think it's all pretty clear-cut that the Jedi Covenant was wrong and is evil, however I'm not up to date on the series so it could get more ambiguous later on I guess.

Anyway, I do think that the idea of making Padme evil would have been an interesting one. It certainly could have worked if executed correctly as you could have her serve for lack of a better analogy as the Delilah to Anakin's Samson. It would also just make the theme of Luke and Leia surpassing their parents in every way stronger given that both resist the Dark Side.

17. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    The problem with this line of thinking is... who the heck is the Emperor in ROTJ and ESB? Are you suggesting that would be Padme? This is a very silly concept, as it goes against everything we've known about Palpatine's rise to power since the printing of the novelization in late 1976.

18. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Darth Padme...
    now that is funny.

19. DarkStarkiller

DarkStarkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2007
    lol great editing

they'd be crazy if Padme' was the Chancellor/Emporer

20. Obi-Chron

Nov 11, 2003
    She certainly wouldn't be the first woman to look bad without her makeup on!!!![face_whistling]

But then, how did she suddenly develop that throaty 'Patty Bouvier' smoker's voice?

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f8/Patty_Bouvier.png/200px-Patty_Bouvier.png]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.