main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wouldn't you like to see Yoda kill a major character??

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by jedi_master_gon, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_gon

jedi_master_gon Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2006
    Yoda: Head of Jedi Council. Answered to by all Jedi, Respected even by Sith.

He's so powerful correct? wouldnt you want to see him kill someone? he's killed probably countless troopers and maybe some people in his past 800 years right? but wouldnt you want to SEE him kill SOMEONE? Maybe George just wanted to make him seem like a kinda ruthless guy by actually killing someone major? i dunno. YOUR thoughts?

(FIRST THREAD I STARTED. LETS MAKE IT GO SOMEWHERE!)

2. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Sure, it would be cool to see Yoda kill someone, but Yoda, at the ripe age of 800, has become very sobre. "Meditate on this I must" (or whatever the line is). He's still an awesome fighter, but I always thought of Master Yoda as just that, a Master who gets happiness in seeing others learn and go out there and do their thing rather then doing his.

3. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

He did. He killed Sidious. Well, at least he set the plan in motion to kill Sidious. ;)

"War Does not make one great."

Yoda realized this. He probably could have killed Dooku, but he would have killed Obi-Wan and Anakin in the process. He might have been able to kill Sidious, but if he failed the knowledge of his failures as the head of the Jedi Order would have died with him, leaving Kenobi to solve the riddle of what to do with the Children and no knowledge of contact with Qui-Gon Jinn. Kenobi would have raised Luke and Leia in the old school Jedi fashion and they probably would have become powerful and tried to defeat the Sith by brute force (And most likely failing.) I'm not taking anything away from Obi-Wan, as he may be my favorite Star Wars character, but Yoda was the Key. He saw that there were things more important than him being the one to kill the major baddies.

I don't see many threads on here about "Was Yoda really all that powerful." He didn't even fight at ALL in the OT and nobody questioned his wisdom and power. It was more important to show that Obi-Wan wasn't just Dooku's personal rag-doll and a mediocre Jedi. In the OT, he really didn't show us much in the way of power. He mind tricked a stormtrooper and used some force distraction techniques to get around the Death Star before he was killed by Vader. He didn't show us any displays of raw force power like Yoda and the X-Wing. His battles with Maul, GG, and Anakin/Vader showed that he was indeed a strong adversary. Anakin had to take out at least one major bad guy to show that he was the powerful Jedi that we were led to believe he had been. This leaves little in the way as far as people for Yoda to beat up on.

Carnage

4. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    I like your post very much. =D=
    I agree that we all considered Yoda very powerful and wise in the OT, although we never saw him do that much. Most probably saw OBW as not quite as strong as Yoda. Neither of this is explicit. What I like about the OT is that everything is so implicitly perfect. I love the PT, but they try too hard at times - trying to spell it out for us, and if that isn't enough we have the actors and film makers spelling it out for us, constantly contradicting themselves...

Would I like to see Yoda kill someone? I would rather have him clearly defeat someone and show mercy. You may argue that he did this with Dooku. I think he tested him and decided to go for the kill in the end. Dooku sensed this and consequently fled.

I would perhaps prefer if Yoda was the one scarring Sideous' face though...

5. sonofcoruscant

sonofcoruscant Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 14, 2006
    I guess I would not really take special joy in seeing Yoda kill someone. I did however very much enjoy seeing him do what had to be done, including fighting Sidious and Dooku. I think I just appreciate who Yoda is, and part of that is a warrior, but only when no other option is available.

6. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Yoda, like Sidious, is only a warrior because he has to be. His character represents the Sage, his purpose is to be wise, to show that the Jedi really aren't fighters, they were just put into the position where they "had" to be. He is the match for Sidious, who we also rarely see fight. They use their brains, rather than their saber skills. There's no reason for Yoda to kill a major character for the hell of it, it would probably go aganist his character.

7. sonofcoruscant

Feb 14, 2006
    Well said RebelScum...NO! Better said[face_dancing]

8. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I'm sure Yoda could and would if it came down to it.
    He certainly took out plenty of troops outside the Temple along with Gree and the Scout. I have a feeling Sideous would've been a dead man.
    I'm betting if Yoda had a choice though, he'd prefer to disable his opponent. He doesn't take pride in killing a living being, but I'm sure he realizes as a warrior protecting the Republic, it's going to happen.

9. Masterlucas

Masterlucas Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2002
    I'm not sure what would be gained by Yoda killing a major character. All that needed to be shown about Yoda, the warrior, was accomplished when he went toe to toe with both Dooku, who had defeated 2 powerful jedi and Sidious who had taken on 4 powerful jedi.

Yoda is a bad a$$!

And which major character would you have him kill.

Palpatine. No

Dooku. Anakin killing him served the story much more.

Maul. Boba Fett. Jango Fett. Gen Grevious.

It wouldn't have fit into the story.

So no to Yoda the executioner for me.

10. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Who would have been the major character Yoda could kill given the constraints of the original trilogy storyline? It couldn't have been Anakin or Palpatine. Dooku had to be killed by Anakin to clear way for his own ascension. Who's left besides millions of nameless troopers? And Yoda took down many of them.

11. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Who would have been the major character Yoda could kill given the constraints of the original trilogy storyline?

And the answer is : Jar-Jar. :p

12. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    But....by Attack of the Clones, Jar-Jar was a very minor character at best. He could barely be seen in Revenge of the Sith.

13. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Jar Jar's role is extinct, the gungan fire gone out of the universe. The gungan screaming at the end of the RotJ DVD is all that's left of that ancient species.

14. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    How could you say that, Sap? JJB's standing around at the landing pad in ROTS was crucial to the -- uh -- balance of the -- stuff and things, you know. OK, maybe not. :p

15. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Yeah, you're right. And Jar-Jar even said 'excuse me'. So I take that back.

16. sonofcoruscant

Feb 14, 2006
    Maybe he could have killed all of the Gungans. Would that count as major? Not a major character, but hey, genocide always looks good on the ol resume. Vader got the Tuskens and he got to wear black armor and boss around flunkies. Pretty neat.

17. DarthDubya05

DarthDubya05 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2005
    Jedi do not kill. Duh!

18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Jedi do kill. They just do not do so out of anger and hate. That's a world of difference. We saw Obi-wan kill Maul and several Clonetroopers. Yoda killed a number of Clonetroopers as well. Luke killed a number of Jabba's goons, a number of Stormtroopers, everyone in that AT-AT, a couple of Scout Troopers and everyone aboard the Death Star. So they do kill, but it's how they do it that matters.

There really wasn't anyone for Yoda kill, other than Clonetroopers. And as noted, all the major characters are locked up.

19. Darth_Tweakpiece

Darth_Tweakpiece Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    No. I would not like to see that.

What I would like to see is Yoda turning to the darkside...now THAT would be cool.

20. OBIJUAN76

OBIJUAN76 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    "Yoda turning to the Dark Side"! Holy Crap! If that happened...NO ONE COULD MATCH HIM!

21. Darth_Tweakpiece

Darth_Tweakpiece Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    Dude that's what I'm talking about^^^...I mean could you imagine Yoda all decked out in black Sith robes...frying people like bacon because they think they can take him on because he's so tiny?....and ya know what else? I want Obi Wan to be his darkside apprentice on top of that...

That would've been AWESOME!!

22. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    But....by Attack of the Clones, Jar-Jar was a very minor character at best

Yeah, but hes still the major character after Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace. :D [Palps voice] Kill him Yoda, kill him now [/Palps voice]:p Jar-Jars too dangerous to be left alive. :p :p

23. Jaden-Skywalker

Jaden-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 13, 2004

Luke could.

24. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005

Right...

25. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The Luke Skywalker of "Legacy Of The Force", maybe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.