main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Woven Twine ? Tahl & Qui ? her perspective? UPDATED 3/16/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MistiWhitesun, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistiWhitesun

MistiWhitesun Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Author's Note:

I'm guessing at some Huttese from Ep. I & inventing my own terms for people to say. As for why? The setting'll tell you.

Notes for reviewers:
    1. Don't blaspheme or swear.
    2. Be blunt.
    3. Put a smiley after jokes.

Ignore the last upon potential result of mutual embarrassment!

So? Who wants this continued? o_O Anyone? Should it be continued?

Enjoy! ;)

[hl=green][color=white][b]Woven Twine[/b][/color][/hl]

[hr]
    "Welcome to Nar Shadda!"

She merely nodded at the risqué stewardess's welcoming grin. She swung her pack on her back, striding off into the mass of people.

Hardly had she gone a few steps before a wave of fear struck her. She locked her knees against it, easily disallowing her strain to show on her face. She'd grown used to it, through the years?

Just her luck to have caught him meditating. She sighed mentally. Well, nothing to do about it, now. He knew she was here.

Qui-Gon didn't know [i]why[/i] she was here, though? Which could be a good or bad thing, with his overprotectiveness.

Or both.

Her knee-high boots clicked against the durmacrete. Her trousers tucked into them, her sleeveless matching tunic, long and loose, was all others could really see above the boots.

Tahl's clothing had once been upper-class; a rich honey color. The Temple workers had carefully aged it and stained it till it became a mottled brown. Once, her tunic would've had a silk blouse underneath it?something which would've worn away awhile back, from her character.

"Hey, girl. Need a lift?"

"Se blatha."

Her curse didn't faze him. He smiled suggestively. "A tough girl. I like those."

Tahl turned her artificially hazel eyes on him, intentionally appearing bored. "Scram."

The idiot swaggered over to her. "Oh, I'm sure we can reach an agreement?"

Her fist landed on his jaw.

Immediately, sounds that would've been curses spewed from his mouth. He gave her a healthy amount of space.

The swarm of interested folks at the landing ramp didn't surprise her. She wasn't carrying an open weapon, after all.

But she still had a weapon? or four.

Blaster, stun prod, catchline?and, of course, her lightsaber.

Dispatching men's interest on the small scale was undeniably tedious. Normally she didn't have to deal with this.

She glanced up at the distant hotel where she knew her friend was staying. Maybe she should ask to room with him? It would give her a lot more breathing room in which to complete her mission.

After a minute's consideration, she headed that way.

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay! Great start :D Hehehe she's attracting attention even not 'finely' dressed hehehe

Can't wait for their meeting ;) overprotectiveness...yep that's Qui all right :D

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Very funny. She reminds me of myself late at night one crazy night in paris.

4. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    [face_laugh] That was great!

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    It was cute that she was concerned about Qui's overprotectiveness. And yet she's so tough.

Keep going!

6. meaganandsasha

meaganandsasha Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    I love the way you wrote about how strong Tahl is, but yet concerned about Qui-Gon's protetivenes.... keep up the good work.....

7. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Author's Thanks: to Kynstar, DarthIshtar, BrokenNoseofQuiGon, dianethx, & meaganandsasha! :D

Kynstar:
    ? Thank you. :) Well, that a fellow Jedi can notice her beauty at all means she must be stunning, to my way of thinking.

DarthIshtar:
    ? Thanks. :) I think I read about your incident in one of your story threads, though I don't remember which one. With the love letter in? Portuguese, was it?

BrokenNoseofQuiGon:
    ? Thank you. :) I only hope it remains so.

dianethx
    ? Thanks. :) I will. I have several plot threads floating around in my head for this story? We'll see which one gets untangled. (Italics because I have a hard time with that.)

meaganandsasha
    ? "I"? So are you Meagan or Sasha? Whoever you are, thanks. :) If God wills this will continue with as good or better quality. Actually, most people tell me my stories get better as they go along?
    ? ;) God bless you!

Author's Note:

Of course updates won't always be this fast, but I have it ready & want to make the most of vacation.

Again, no blaspheming or cursing, do tell me what you think (Even if it's "this stinks" or a critique of my writing style?or "[shrug]"), and do put a smiley of some sort after jokes. Thank you. :D

[color=magenta][b]Please review![/b][/color]

Enjoy! :D

[hr]
    Tahl stepped around a puddle of some alien's interior. Without hesitating she strode into the decrepit hotel and up the stairs, ignoring the proprietor. The hard woman let her be.

The Jedi Knight reached gently into the Force, trying to find her friend without attracting his attention.

She managed it. Room B·8. She thought the dot had once been a one, but she wasn't certain. She admitted herself into his room.

Tahl caught Qui-Gon pulling his shirt off. He hastily pulled it back on. "Now?"

She tossed her stuff beside his and flopped on the bed. "Thanks. I needed to get away from all the rakes." Rolling onto her stomach, she buffed her nails on her tunic. "How's your mission going? Tracked that possible informant down, yet?"

He was caught off guard by her sudden appearance. "No?"

She promptly sat up, cross-legged with a hand on each knee. "Our missions are closely related. Want to work together?"

Qui-Gon hesitated. "Nar Shadda is dangerous."

She didn't blink. "I'm here for my mission. We're searching the same organization. You want to work together or not?"

He scowled and crossed his arms. "Tahl?"

"Got a problem with me being here, take it up with your little green friend."

Leaving him to his shocked response, she decided to get a little dirt off. "I'll be in the shower."

Sidelong, she saw Qui-Gon sigh heavily.

[i]Live with it,[/i] she thought at him, knowing he wouldn't pick it up. [i]I'm here, and there's nothing you can do about it.[/i]

8. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    *Snrk* hehehe caught him taking his shirt off! I bet he was fixing to take a shower himself! And she beat him to it! hehehehehehe

Poor Qui... didn't even get a word edgewise in ;) hehehe

Yay! Was glad to see a postie here before T'day! :D [:D] Thanks for posting! This story is starting out so great! :D

9. meaganandsasha

Oct 30, 2004
    This story gets better and better....can't wait to find out more......

And just to let you know, the reviews are mostly Meagan. But Sasha is my sister and the stories we post are a joint effort....It's fun to work together...
    God bless you too.

10. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Author's Thanks: to Kynstar & meaganandsasha! :)

Kynstar:
    ? You're welcome. :D Thank you for your comments.

meaganandsasha:
    ? Thank you. I get that on most my stories (that they get better as they go along). Lord willing, it'll continue that way. Thanks for the information. :) & blessings are good. ;)

Author's Note:

Another little section. [color=violet][b]Let me know what you think, please![/b][/color]

As usual, the rules I'd rather you follow & will pester you if you don't? ;)
    1. No blaspheming or cursing.
    2. Say what you think.

Thanks! :)

Enjoy! :)
    (Or not.)

[hr]
    A man's yelp came into the main room. "Tahl, you half-witted witch! What'd you do, [i]boil[/i] yourself in here?"

"Better broiled than a brick of ice!" she hollered back.

"I prefer being alive after my shower, thanks!"

"So do I!" Her cheeks flushed at the mental picture she received from his words. Scowling, she slapped herself. "Dratted hormones," she muttered.

"A little chill never hurt anyone!"

"At least not anyone with a fully functioning endocrine system!"

That shut him up. Letting her hair hide her face, she focused on her research. The key to getting in was somewhere. Somewhere there was a mistake. Everyone made at least one mistake. She had to find it, for both their missions.

The Holonet wasn't feeling very cooperative.

Tahl's scowl deepened. She glared at her terminal. She glanced towards the bathroom. With a snort, she got up and headed out.

"Where are you going?" called Qui-Gon when she opened the door.

"For a drink."

She heard banging and slipping and grunting, and after a few seconds, her friend came out. "I'm coming with you."

Tahl shrugged. Keeping the rakes away would be nice while she kept an eye out for any potential helpers. And Qui-Gon had a way of making extremely beneficial alliances with the strangest people.

Okay, so they both did.

All the better to double their chances. "Just lay off the ale, this time." She strode out.

11. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Author's Note:
    [face_whistling] Where is everyone?? ;)

Ah well. Here's the next section. ;)

:) Reminder: No blaspheming or cursing, but please critique & put a smiley after jokes. Thanks.

Qui-Gon coughed. "You have to be kidding."

She leveled a glare at him and strode into the dim, smoky nightclub. She went straight to the bar. "Corellian Ale," she demanded as she slid onto a stool.

The bartender gave her an off glance. "You be wantin' to get out of that chair, Missy."

Tahl's eyes narrowed at him. "I don't see anyone's name on it."

"It's a name written in blood, Missy. I'd hate to see a pretty gal like you hurt over a seat. You can sit in a booth, if you want."

She leaned back. "I'm sitting right here," she said carelessly. "Getting someone mad at me is my problem." [i]Two someones,[/i] she mentally corrected. She could sense Qui-Gon's glower.

When the tender went to the other side of the bar, her friend bent over her and whispered, "What in the galaxy do you think you're doing?"

"Getting attention," she muttered back out of the corner of her mouth.

"You certainly have enough of that!"

"[i]Rogue[/i] attention?not male!" she hissed.

The bartender returned with her drink. "Here you go, Missy."

She wordlessly took her ale and swigged it.

"[i]I[/i] need to watch the ale?"

"Unlike you, I'm on missions like this quite often and [i]don't[/i] get drunk?"

"I was [i]not[/i] intoxicated!"

"Okay, tipsy."

"I was not?"

"No, really?" she asked caustically, interrupting his indignant defense. "Why did you walk into doorways, then?"

"I did not!"

She stared disinterestedly at him over her drink.

"?Did I?" he wondered aloud.

"Qui-Gon, if you're just going to be an idiot, could you do that standing somewhere else? I'd like a clear shot at who I'm angering, thank you."

"Sithspit, Tahl! You really think I'm going to let you?"

" 'Scuse me," spoke up the bartender. "But you be disruptin' the place. I'll have to ask you to leave."

"Of course." Qui-Gon nearly yanked her arm out of its socket to get her out of there. She barely managed to finish her drink and toss the tender her glass before he'd dragged her into the cold outside.

She shivered and backhanded him. "You [i]idiot[/i]!"

He caught her wrist and flung it back. "[i]I[/i]'m the idiot?"

She sent her other hand as a fist. "I do this all the time."

He caught and diverted it with his palm. "Try to hit me? I know."

At that, she lunged at him. He wasn't expecting it, and she knocked him down. She punched his chest. He slapped her. She pulled his hair and scratched his arm.

In moments, they'd gotten into a full-fledged fight.

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oi! How'd I miss the other one? Oh man *snrk* hormones hehehehehe

What oh? Qui 'tipsy' on a mission? hehehehe and what's this?? A fight in the street! Well they sure do know how to attract attention to themselves don't they? hehehehe

Great job! :D :D

13. meaganandsasha

Oct 30, 2004
    Wishing that scene was in a movie so we could watch it.... still rolling on the floor laughing.....and what is the funniest, to me at least, is that they are trying not to attract attention.....lol.... can't wait for more

14. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Author's Thanks: to Kynstar & meaganandsasha!

Kynstar:
    ? :) Yep. Figure their relationship needed some transition from their childhood scraps to their adulthood repartée. Thank you. :D

meaganandsasha:
    ? Thanks! ;) Yeah? Trying not to attract one type of attention, wanting to get another, and actually receiving a third.

I might have misspelled a few things in here. Please call me on it if I have.

[b][color=darkorange]Requested reviewing rules:[/color][/b]
    1. No blaspheming or cursing.
    2. Say what you think, including critiques.

Thank you. :D

[hr]
    [blockquote][b]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[/b][/blockquote]
    "Rodian Yellow Plague!" she called as she approached the sabaac table, mildly favoring a sore hip. This joint was, if anything, more sordid than the first one she'd visited.

She stood, if not in a corner, against a wide column, so she still commanded a wide view without too many blind spots. Tahl yawned, leaning back self-assuredly. She cast a careless glance around the room, summing up her fellows.

Not too bad a lot. More like toughie-wanna-be's.

The most annoying type, certainly.

"Got anything planned, tonight, Missy?"

Tahl was [i]not[/i] in the mood for this. She didn't humor him with so much as an answer. Someone brought her the drink. She took it and sipped, flicking the girl a coin. The server looked far too young to be working in this sort of place. How old could she be? Twelve?

The Jedi's stomach twisted. She didn't show any such emotion, focusing on the going gambling game. This hand was wrapping up.

A roguish-looking pilot leaned into her field of vision. " 'Cause if you ain't got nothing planned, I could?"

"Go kiss a Gammorian," she sweetly finished. "That would be a [i]much[/i] better use of your time?"

Misunderstanding her meaning, the maverick grinned and drew closer to her. "Oh, I don't?"

The instant his hand touched her arm, she maneuvered her elbow around his, pulling him off balance, and twisted to offer a chest kick. It sent him flying across the table and scattered the sabaac pot.

Beings scurried to pick up now-unowned credits. She watched nonchalantly. A few beings whistled.

One particularly appreciative whistle was cut short by a man's low growl. Tahl's face didn't flinch when she recognized the voice, but she knew she had to do something quickly before her friend got to her.

She swaggered into a newly-vacated seat at the sabaac table. "Deal me in."

15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Whoa that threw me off there awww what happen to the brawl? ;) hehehe

*snrk* yep I can see Tahl 'shoving' the guy off hehehe
    Good work!

16. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Thanks, Kynstar! :)

Sorry 'bout throwing you off; I added a physical break. What happened in the brawl will be revealed in bits and pieced in hindsight. ;)

Yeah, Tahl wouldn't be very patient with that sort of thing?

[color=darkred]Requested reviewing rules:
    ? [b]Don't[/b] blaspheme or swear.
    ? [b]Do[/b] put smilies after jokes.
    ? [b]Do[/b] critique. (In-thread is fine.)[/color]

Thank you.

[hr]
    "What do you think you're doing?"

"Playing a little game of sabaac," she replied carelessly, waving towards a chair on the other side of the table. "Join in, if you want."

Tahl could feel him glaring. Her hip decided to start throbbing in response.

She stretched, maneuvering her left arm a little too much. she hissed from the knife of pain, shooting Qui-Gon a glower.

He crossed his arms. "Gambling?" he asked, managing to sound chiding even with his mild tone.

She looked at him directly. "I'm playing. If you don't want to lose, sit out." She turned her attention to the card the dealer gave her and sipped her Plague.

The robotic overseer turned its optical lens to Qui-Gon. "Are you joining the group, Sir?" it squeaked in its tinny voice.

After a long moment, he swiftly took the last chair, almost across the table from her. "You're an idiot," he muttered.

"Thanks," she replied dryly. "I'll remember that when I win."

"If you win anything it'll be with the Idiot's Array."

Tahl watched him sourly. His scowl hadn't lifted. "I'd mind my tongue if I were you," she warned him. "Unless you'd like me to blacken your other eye."

"Try it, and I'll crack your other arm."

"You never cracked this one." To prove her point, she gestured with her left arm.

Qui-Gon raised an eyebrow. "Oh?" He flicked a credit chip so it hit a certain spot on her arm.

She winced, immediately drawing it in. "[i]Shut up[/i]," she demanded through gritted teeth.

"Of course, you could always [i]break[/i] my jaw rather than just knock it out of place. I wouldn't be able to fix that so quickly?"

"Enough!" Tahl was fed up with him. "Just [i]shut[/i]? [i]up[/i]. We can continue this conversation when I [i]don't[/i] feel like I've been run over by a Togarian pirate."

He snorted and smirked, preparing to continue.

"Please!"

She sighed with relief when he resumed his distance, taking up his sabaac hand. Raising an eyebrow at her, he tossed in his credit ante.

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehe ahhh they argue so well don't they? *snrk* hehehe

Togorian pirate indeed! lol! hehehe

Good'un there :D

18. meaganandsasha

Oct 30, 2004
    Another good chapter. I'm always looking foward to seeing your story updated..... and I might be reading too much into this, but am I sensing a little bit of sexual tension between Qui-Gon and Tahl??????

19. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Thanks, Kynstar & meaganandsasha! :)

Kynstar:
    Hehehe ahhh they argue so well don't they?

I'll say. All I have to do is start them, and they practically write themselves! :)

Thank you.

meaganandsasha:
    Thanks :) ; next update will probably after school's out Friday.
    and I might be reading too much into this, but am I sensing a little bit of sexual tension between Qui-Gon and Tahl??????

Erm? Let's see? It's a girl and guy? Best friends? In close proximity? At "that age"? Yeah, there would be some, wouldn't there? :p

I'm not going to pretend that their situation would lack it, but I'm not going to do anything with it?meaning, no [cough] stuff. Jokes, embarrassing moments, little things like that, certainly; but anything illicit?no.

My long way of saying that yes, it's there; but it won't be realized.

20. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Just started reading this :) I saw your other fic was nommed for an award and decided to check this out -- congrats on the nom!

Tahl and Qui do seem to spat quite a bit don't they? [face_laugh] Eagerly awaiting the next post :)

21. padawan-grasshopper

padawan-grasshopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    WOW!!! Oh, so good! Love it, love it, love it! [face_dancing] I'll have to say that meaganandsasha voiced my oppinion on the tension part. [face_love] It's so hard to find Tahl and Qui fics! THANK YOU for writing this one! =D= All I have to say is MORE!!!

-Locus[face_alien_1]

22. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Thanks, Layren & padawan-grasshopper! :)

Layren:

Thank you. [face_blush] I'm grateful you like this. May this continue to hold your interest. :)

padawan-grasshopper:

[face_plain] [watches all your excited bouncing] Um? Thanks. ;)

I agree about there not being enough Qui/Tahl fics. That's why I write them. If you look in my bio, I have a few more of them. In fact, all my stories in the Qui-Gon challenge thread are Qui/Tahl. If you check out my FF.net bio, I have one there, too. :) Write some, yourself. ;)

23. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh, wow!! :D

I've heard very good things about you, MistiWhitesun and I am not disappointed! :) Awesome job!!! You have a very elegant writing style, that isn't overly flowery, but still has all of the right elements and is a pleasure to read! OOH! :eek: And a Tahl fan!?! *cling* *becomes your devoted follower* :D But seriously, you're very gifted, and I hope to see more from you! Not many can write such an excellent Tahl, even if they wanted to, and you obviously can do it with style! Very nice job! :)

~Jess :)

24. padawan-grasshopper

padawan-grasshopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    You said at the beginning of this that you made up a few Huttese phrarses, so linguistic me has a few suggested sayings...[face_whistling]

1. E chu ta is VERY offensive.:mad:
    2. Cha skrunee do pat, sleemo means Don't count on it, slimeball.[face_shame_on_you]
    3. Coo ya maya stupa means You weak-minded fool.
    4. Kee baatu baatu means You bother me.[face_talk_hand]
    5. Je killya um pasa doe beeska wumpa means Kill me, and ten more will rise in my place.
    6. Da beesga coo palyeeya pityee bo tenya go kaka juju hoopa means The last fool who called me that got his antennae stuffed down his throat.[face_beatup]

Just a few things Tahl might say from the kid who bites off more languages than she can chew.:p

-Locus[face_alien_1]

25. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    [turns beet red] [face_blush]

A?ah?well?thank you, Charmisjess? Um? [face_blush]

[shakes head] :eek: Everything you named is stuff I aim for, so it's? surprising to know that I'm reaching it? heartening, too. :)

My skill is a gift from God?I've made too much progress in too little time for it to be anything else.

?May I ask what kind of "very good things" you've heard of me & who said them? :confused:

Thanks for your R&R. :)

Thank you very much for all that, [b]padawan_grasshopper[/b]! :) I expect I'll be using it for reference.

As far as languages, I pick up words here and there myself?only I tend to stick to ones found on earth. ;) It's fun, isn't it? :p

[i]Chau[/i]. (Portuguese?that should be spelled right?)

---"Misti"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.