main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Woven Twine ? Tahl & Qui ? her perspective? UPDATED 3/16/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MistiWhitesun, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistiWhitesun

MistiWhitesun Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    Requested reviewing rules:
    ? Don't blaspheme or swear.
    ? Do put smilies after jokes.
    ? Do critique. (In-thread is fine.)

Thank you.

Enjoy! :)

"I call," growled the Miralian on her right. "Negative twenty-three."

"Twenty-three." She put down her cards.

Qui-Gon raised an eyebrow at her. She glowered at him. [i]What?[/i]

As beings sighed and folded around the table, her friend kept up with that annoying expression.

When his turn came, he glanced at his hand and smirked. He put it down. "Twenty-three."

The Miralian slammed the table. "This is unnatural. Someone's cheated." He glowered at her.

"That would be you with your skifter," commented Tahl disinterestedly. She glanced at the droid. "Call?"

"Female Noori and male Human across from her split the sabaac pot. That would total?"

"We can count, thanks." She reached forward to scoop up her winnings. Her hand brushed Qui-Gon's.

He stared at her with the most unnerving expression. Tahl glared. When that didn't work, she kicked him under the table.

Her friend started. "Ow." Shooting her a wry glance, he rubbed his leg. "Watch it, woman."

" 'It'?" She separated out his half of the winnings by feel.

"You almost kicked?"

Tahl's glare soured into a glower. "Qui-Gon." she warned through gritted teeth.

He smoothly responded to her interruption. "Honestly, Tahl. If you don't think I should be able to propagate the Human species you could just [i]say[/i] so?"

"[i]Qui-Gon[/i]?" she growled.

His mien turned thoughtful. "Of course, supposing I [i]did[/i] choose to propagate my children would be half-breeds?"

Red flushed her features, and she shot up. "[i]Qui-Gon[/i]!"

He watched her nonchalantly, wearing that annoying humored smile. "Anger befits you. The crimson tone added to your skin, the nostrils flaring, the gold of your eyes flashing?" Mild pink tinted his cheeks. "Your, um, bosom heaving?"

Leaning across the table, she grabbed him by the front of his shirt. "[i]That[/i]? [i]is[/i]? [i]unacceptable[/i]. Copy?"

Her friend's expression became a stupid grin. "You know that shows cleavage?"

She leapt onto the sabaac table and throttled him.

Now his face crimsoned from lack of air. After a few seconds, he took one of his hands from trying to remove hers from his throat and yanked her down from the table. In her fall, he managed to get her hands off.

She grabbed his vacated chair and threw it at him. He tossed a table back.

The fellow patrons of the place scrambled out of the twosome's way as glasses and much larger items started flying back and forth.

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    HAHAHAHha oh dear Qui-Gon you just HAD to provoke her! you and your big mouth! LOLOLOL I don't blame Tahl for throwing things at him or kicking him ;) He deserved it that time [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

3. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    "Anger befits you. The crimson tone added to your skin, the nostrils flaring, the gold of your eyes flashing?" Mild pink tinted his cheeks. "Your, um, bosom heaving?"

That was too funny! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

4. padawan-grasshopper

padawan-grasshopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    Must have more! That was so good! You write VERY suspenseful cliffhangers! I thought Tahl was a human from the planet Noori.:confused: Maybe not.[face_thinking]

-Locus[face_alien_1]

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey that was great! hehehe those two at it again! [face_love] ahhh juz face it you two! Lovebirds, indeed!

6. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Thanks, Layren, LilQui-Gon, padawan-grasshopper, &Kynstar! :D

Is it just me, or is this story devolving into a humor fic? :confused:

[b]Layren[/b]:

Thanks for sticking around! :D

?But wouldn't Qui enjoy being beat up by a girl? ;)

[hr]
    [b]LilQui-Gon[/b]:

Thanks for joining the party! ;)

Thanks for the favorite line, too. :D

[hr]
    [b]padawan-grasshopper[/b]:
    :8} Thank you. I try. Cliffhangers are what keep readers' interest.

I always thought Tahl was a Human-type species native to Noori?like those from Mirial. Ms. Watson's calling her "dark honey skinned" w/ "green-and-gold striped eyes" never sounded Human to me? [shrug] Maybe I'm wrong on that one. :)

[hr]
    [b]Kynstar[/b]:
    Thanks. :D

Sorry, but they aren't going to make the genuine connection? Since they don't until [i]The Ties that Bind[/i].

If you want a Qui/Tahl romance, though, I have one on my computer for Beyond the Saga that I might be convinced to put up? ;)

7. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    If you want a Qui/Tahl romance, though, I have one on my computer for Beyond the Saga that I might be convinced to put up?

Beyond the Saga? Now that's interesting just hearing that part. Hmmm convince you... [face_batting] Purty peas?? I'd loooooove to read it!! Here I'll do a lil jig for ya even

[face_dancing]

=D= =D=

[face_dancing] [face_dancing]

=D=

[face_dancing] [face_dancing]

=D=

*Whew* ok, how was that? :D

8. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Hm? [face_thinking]

I've just reread it, and it needs some revision? Lengthening, perhaps, since it seems to move too fast. I'm thinking I'll expand it into a few "books", which could all go in the same thread. It's background for "Comeback"? You'll recognize some parts from "My Dear Qui-Gon"? It was in working on the BytS fic that I got the idea for that one.

I think the prologue is about ready to go up? I'll warn you, though, it's weird. Very weird?

I'll PM you once it is up. :)

9. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Author's Note:

This post isn't as funny as the others? I'm getting a little into the plot now.

Though I wasn't originally planning to, two OC's that occupy my brain have found an outing in this. The references I've made to them thus far anywhere are so vague that I doubt anyone will recognize them.

If you've read any of The Rejected on FF.net, you might recognize Alliot's surname; & possibly, the great-grandfather she mentions.

? Alliot Ornar (older & married in Forbidden Friends)

? Queed (referenced in And Everyone Thinks They're Perfect.)

[color=darkred]Requested reviewing rules:
    ? [b]Don't[/b] blaspheme or swear.
    ? [b]Do[/b] put smilies after jokes.
    ? [b]Do[/b] critique. (In-thread is fine.)[/color]

Thank you.

[hr]
    Tahl's mottled brown tunic now sported brandy, blue, and red-violet stains. Bits of broken glass had embedded themselves into her skin. Blood still trickled down her cheek from a previously-spraying scalp cut.

She stole the young girl's serving tray?bearing drinks?and cast it at her 'friend' like a spinning disk.

Qui-Gon was shortly in a similar shape.

Multiple beings watched agape at the pair as they continued their throwing match. This place didn't get too many fights.

The large multi-armed proprietor was well out of the way, cowering behind the toppled sabaac table. Tahl had a feeling he would've asked them to leave if he hadn't been so dratted terrified.

The Jedi watched each other a long moment, eyeing the other's intent and controlling their own breathing.

After a long moment, both started cleaning up.

Tahl tossed the still-quivering proprietor a healthy amount of credit chips. "For the mess."

The little serving girl promptly joined in the cleaning. The twelve-or-so-year-old worked her way towards Tahl, whether on accident or on purpose the Knight wasn't sure.

The small-framed girl glanced at her, her dark eyes nearly black. Her dark hair matched her small tank top and miniskirt, her feet bare. Her face didn't flinch as she stepped on some glasses' remains.

"How's Master Yoda?" she asked frankly, though quietly.

"Pardon?" Qui-Gon asked.

Tahl hid her start, immediately scolding herself for not noticing that her friend had been hanging over her shoulder.

The server's look was mildly humored. "How is Master Yoda?" she repeated out of the corner of her mouth. After a glance at the two of them, she shrugged and gestured at the broken glass. The fragments lifted themselves up and landed on a nearby tray.

"Alliot Ornar!" The proprietor stomped out from his hiding place. "I hired you 'cause you said you wouldn't do any witchery stuff!"

"I'm not, Queed," the girl innocently replied. She spread out her hands. "Ask them. All Force; no?" Her lips quirked. "Family? stuff." Tahl could tell the child was humoring what she considered an inordinate fear.

With a wary glare, Queed retreated, giving his server a wide berth.

"Aren't you a little young to work here?" Tahl figured she might as well start a conversation.

Little Alliot shrugged. "Maybe." She finished getting trash on her tray and stood up. "Or maybe I'm not what I seem?"

"Changeling?" Qui-Gon raised an eyebrow.

"No? That was my great-grandfather." She started leaving, but hesitated, returning her tray to the table as she fiddled in her skirt's elastic for something. "Master Tahl."

Tahl caught the datarod.

"I think you'll find that pertinent to your mission."

"How do you know?"

"I'm a lot older than my body." Alliot interrupted Qui-Gon without a blink.

The Jedi shared a glance.

"Ask Master Yoda." With that, the girl departed.

Leaving two disquieted Jedi behind.

10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh twist to matters hehehehe her knowing about Tahl being on a mission hehehe ;) great! That was funny when they just started cleaning up *snrk* hehehe

11. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Cleaning up, eh? ;)

Next please :)

12. padawan-grasshopper

Nov 13, 2004
    So... The plot thickens. *rubs hands together*

I loved how Qui-Gon and Tahl picked up after their fight!:D

-Locus[face_alien_1]

13. padawan-grasshopper

Nov 13, 2004
    Hello?

I'm upping this!:D

-Locust[face_alien_1]

14. padawan-grasshopper

Nov 13, 2004
    UP! UP! UP!

Must have more!=P~

-Locust[face_alien_1]

15. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Sorry for the long silence. Let's just say life and original fiction writing are teaming up against me. Sorry. :)

Thank you, Kynstar, Princess_Arl, & padawan-grasshopper!

Everyone liked the cleaning up part, I see. Thanks for reading!

[color=darkred]Requested reviewing rules:
    ? [b]Don't[/b] blaspheme or swear.
    ? [b]Do[/b] put smilies after jokes.
    ? [b]Do[/b] critique. (In-thread is fine.)[/color]

Thank you.

[hr]
    "This is odd." Qui-Gon read the datarod's contents from over her shoulder.

"Odd? Try freaky."

The girl had given them everything they needed to know to infiltrate the needed organization. Some loose ends still needed tying up, but all the main info was here.

Then came the last part. Qui-Gon started?she felt herself slowly blush.

"I'm calling Master Yoda," she announced.

He grabbed her wrist. "Why, Tahl?"

"If you think I'm accepting some queer kid's info without verifying it, you're insane." She glowered at Qui-Gon and his mischievous grin.

His eyes twinkled, and he mock-scowled at her. "Tahl! Such prejudice! We don't have one shred of evidence that she's queer!"

She shoved him away and stood. "What are you talking about? She is weird!"

"That's not what you said."

"It is, too."

"You called her queer!"

Tahl stiffened. She glared, growling. "Yes. Queer?odd, unusual, eccentric. Not gay."

He blinked. "Of course you didn't call her joyful."

"Homosexual!" she yelled. "The kid is not homosexual! Happy?!"

Qui-Gon smirked. "Now that you've awakened the neighbors, I suppose?"

"Urh!" Tahl stomped to the bed, grabbed her jacket off it, and slammed the door behind her. From Qui-Gon's yelp, she'd probably caught him in the face. She grinned, eyes aflame.

She entered the first bar she'd visited, walked up to the seat she'd been warned about and its violent owner, checked for his followers, decided they weren't worth squat, and decked the man across the bar.

Tahl turned to face the other hoodlums. "Next."

They arose to her invitation. One by one, she handled all of them barehanded. By the end, she was probably as battered as she'd been by the end of her two fights with Qui-Gon.

She grimaced. Well, she'd certainly cracked her other arm.

The Jedi took the seat she wanted at the bar and ordered a drink. Tahl took her drink, quaffed it, and changed her mind about the glass. "Get me the bottle."

16. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Uh? Hello?

17. padawan-grasshopper

Nov 13, 2004
    A post! A post! A post! A post! *does a HUGE happy dance*

-Locust *is still spinning in circles*

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor chit she should learn to control herself! [face_laugh] She thinks she's cracked the other arm? Ahhh a brawling Jedi! Though a female one! I'm sure the guys are enjoying that at the catina! [face_laugh]

Glad you up'd this. I didn't realize you posted an update. Did you PM me? If so [face_blush] I apologize in not responding!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.