main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Wow......another successful 501st event!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by BFett333, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    That was pretty darn amazing! Standing on that stage cookin' too death in front of 1600 people who are screaming and yellin' for the guys..one of which I'm standing right beside. Toooooo cool! I do have to say though....the crowd started to scream louder when we walked out....and I saw tons of pics being taken so I think it went over very, very well with the crowd! Hopefully Red's thinks so too. I could live with that kind of treatment again...the green room...the free beverages. Sweet!!

And on that note......I believe we require some helpers for a charity auction next weekend...and we'd like people to come in costume if they'd like. You'd still be a big help to us because in your robes etc you can still hear and see better than us and have free hands to help with gear. Please....anyone that can and would like to make it...in or out of costume...please let me know asap so I can let the 501st know. Just ask John and Danny how much fun these events are!

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Where is this auction? I wouldn't mind being a handler. Or I could wear my robe and be the Emperor. It's a pretty non-restrictive costume. I could do both.

3. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Wow is right! That was sooooo fun. Free Beer. Walking around the crowd afterward hugging girls, getting pictures taken :) That was the most fun i have had in a long time.

4. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    I can help out on saturday, my cousin's not coming up anymore

5. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I'll find out more details and let you guys know! Will you come in costume too Liann? You certainly don't have to....but if you'd like to please feel free!

6. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    I don't think so, don't have anything finished, is it a dressy event or casual

7. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I will most likely be there, but I won't be in costume...

Indy

8. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    As much as I would love to, I always work on saturdays and on Sunday I am taking my mother out for supper and such for mothers day.

Sorry

9. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Okay people....the event is at the Polish Hall. I thought I had that figured out (apparently by Kingsway) but there was an email a little while ago from another 501st member who thought there were two so I'm not sure exactly where it is now. Anyway...we need to be there around 4:30 ish. We need to be ready to go around 5:30 - 5:45. The dress, if not in costume, is business casual, so nothing fancy...but no jeans and t-shirts kind of stuff. We apparently will be dealing a bit with Lt. Gov. Lois Hole.

Let me know if you two are still interested so I can confirm with Ted.

10. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    I can still make it.

11. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Sounds good Liann! Can you maybe PM me with your phone number so I can reach you to make plans of where to meet etc? I think I've sent you mine already....but let me know if you need them again!

12. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Berk's......are you still in? You are more than welcome to wear your Jedi OR come as the Emporer. Which ever you would like. I just need to know if you're going to come or not since we need to have several helpers. Liann...give me a call tomorrow early afternoon at home or on my cell. It's at the Polish Hall by Kingsway and we need to be there around 4:30. If you get there a little later no problem. We'll need help with picture taking and gear fixing and general questions and brochure handling kind of stuff. I'll have a camera and there will likely be a couple of others...but if you have one you'd rather bring or would like to use as well feel free!

13. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    sounds good

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Can I get a ride from someone? Kingsway is a long way and with gas prices like they are now and me not working... I could meet someone at the mall or I can go to your place and hitch a ride with you, John. If you're willing.

PM me or give me a call if you can give me a ride. If you don't hear back from me then don't worry. Something might have come up.

15. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    I can give you a ride if you still need one, let me know.

16. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    Angela, can you give me a call, I thought I had your number but I don't, I tried your cell but it was off.

17. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    I haven't left yet if you still need a ride.

18. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I'm not going to be able to make it. Something's come up and I gotta take off soon. Thanks for the offer though! :)

EDIT: Did you get ahold of Angela? I might have her number but I'd hafto find my add. book

19. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    Yeah i got a hold of her

20. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    So how'd it go yesterday?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.