main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WOW, did not know this was here!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, SC' started by padawanslave, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawanslave

padawanslave Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2003
    Ok, I feel like a complete idiot now. I did NOT know there was a local feature to the board!!! We went to CIII and so wanted to meet others from our area, but really did not know how to start. I am so kicking myself now...LOL
    So, I shall intro myself.
    My name is Joy and I am addicted to costuming!!! I am a Star Wars fanatic and am lucky enough to not have a 9-5 job so I can tinker on lots of projects at once. My obsessions, er I mean hobbies...include sewing, leather working, prop building, and caring for my private menagerie...
    I am happy to be here and look forward to meeting you all!

2. MoFrinker

MoFrinker Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Hi Joy,welcome....doesnt seem to be alot happening here,but anyway welcome.What type of costuming do you like the best(assuming you do more than star wars) and how much would a clone trooper costume set me back =)

3. padawanslave

May 30, 2003
    Star wars costumes have definitely become my favorite! I am also into historically accurate garb through the centuries: medieval, renaissance, victorian, etc. I will be putting together Clockwork Orange costumes for Dragon Con, as well as can-can girls from Moulin Rouge. I love re-creating costumes from movies especially. It is a challenge that I love!
    As far as clone trooper costuming, it requires vacuum forming plastic, which is my latest endeavor so I unfortunately can not help you with that one. But one day I hope to be good enough at it to teach others!

4. Darth_Yalc

Darth_Yalc Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2002
    Hi Joy. Welcome. There are several of us around and we welcome you. Which Upstate town do you live in? I also love costuming and went to C3 as well. We should be having a meeting again soon and you are more than welcome to come to that as well. Also, I may have a question or two for you since you say you sew. Talk to you again soon and make yourself welcome here. :)

Clay

5. padawanslave

May 30, 2003
    Hi Clay,
    I live in Greenville, about a mile and a half away from Red Lobster if you know where that is. Thanks for the warm welcome, and I look forward to meeting you locals. Just let me know when the next meeting is.
    As far as sewing goes, it is my major joy, no pun intended...lol. I have a "sweat shop" here in my home office. I have 3 home model sewing machines, a serger and an industrial machine set up here. Right now, it looks like a Tandy Leather shop exploded in here with the last minute work for CIII. LOL!

6. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    this place is dead

7. Dark_side_fatty

Dark_side_fatty Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 2002
    Maybe it wouldn't have died if more people had went to the meetings...I mean, that is the purpose of the FanForce, correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.