main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WOW!!! Do you see that!... great model.. NOT FINAL VERSION

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by bobabert, Feb 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobabert

bobabert Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 24, 2002
    << Apparantly there was some errors with that version. I'm getting more information b/c it may not be something worth re-downloading again over. >>

very very high detailled model here
    All my respect to this accurate guy and for all the work he made

congratulation!!!!

just want to say that :D

2. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    I agree, that is probably the best model on the whole site. I can't even understand how he found out all of the details. Too bad I don't have Final Render Stage 1 and I can't even download the demo.

3. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    Yeah, impressive. This is really professionnal level. and it's FREE! Sometime I see pen or cellphone models being sold for 50 $! Scifi3D rocks. I'll have to find Max 6 to play with this one. I don't really need a star destroyer mesh right now, but I just would like to have a look to that baby.

4. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Damn that is a fine model...too bad it's not in LW format.

5. the_dig

the_dig Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    I can only agree...
    This model is amazing.
    1.5 million polygons. But you can see them all!
    My computer can hardly handle it, nevertheless I´m playing around with it for 2 hours now...

6. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Supposedly there are multiple versions on the way. LW, XSI, MAYA, etc.

Any version downloaded apparantly is NOT the final version. I'm uploading the final version now.

7. Lord_Katsumoto

Lord_Katsumoto Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2004
    Most Impressive!!Look forward to seeing the versions for the other 3D applications.

8. PapaFett

PapaFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 16, 2002
    XSI!!!

Outstanding!!!

Thanks alot... =)

9. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    One of the textures was missing, I can't remember what it was called.

10. CalebLambert1

CalebLambert1 Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2003
    I saw the model and i was like holy **** because the detail on it is unlike anything ive seen on this site.Its very correct and beautiful and i just had to download it,but it said max 6 and i have max 5.1 so i kinda got bummed out.But can someone make it into to 3DS or something so i can still import it into Max 5.1 or something?But again beautiful work.

11. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    3ds convertion would make somthing like a 50 mo big file I think

12. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    I will be uploading a 3ds version to my site, once Zoo puts it up on SciFi-3D I'll take it off, the map "room map.JPG" wasn't with the model so that is missing. Also, none of the directional lights could be exported and part of the engine had over 64k faces so it couldn't be exported either. It's only 18 mb in a zip file.

13. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    I don't have MAX 6 myself so I couldn't check it for errors. I just uploaded version 1.1 now. Ansel said some misc. pieces were in there and weren't deleted. You can either fix it or download it again. The 3DS is uploaded now. It's broken up into pieces. We're gonna make a OBJ for conversions.

14. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    Well, I uploaded it but I just saw that it's on SciFi-3D so I'll tell you the link anyway and take it off later.

15. Fractalsponge

Fractalsponge Jedi Master

Jan 27, 2003
    Hey, thanks for the interest. The "fixed" version is up now, ready to download ... there is already a C4D conversion, and other formats should be following soon...stay tuned :)

16. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    great work fractal!

17. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    Thanks fractal, I really like it...very big...very. How did you ever see all of the details to make the model? It has like everything. Now all I need is a reason to use it.

18. Antilles01

Antilles01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    A good place for getting reference pics of the star destroyer is at the Magic of Myth exhibit that toured the world within the last 6 or 7 years. As the centerpiece to to ANH area they had one of the original star destroyer models, all you have to do is sit there and take pictures, and feel comfortable that its screen accurate. However, if i remember correctly it was the ANH style SD, with the higher profile comm tower on top...There are probably better ESB or ROTJ models in existence, I wish they would bring those out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.