main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wow, I just got really neat Pez candy dispensers - read on.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Darth_Santos, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Santos

Darth_Santos Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 9, 2004
    Ok, as I said b4 in another thread, I went to Walmart with $7 in my pocket (broke since Sunday figure hunting). So I'm looking for a Red Guard and Figures 33 - 40. You will not believe; GUESS WHAT THEY HAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....................................................none of them. Very angry I became. But I did see some really cool Star Wars banners that were free and I grabbed the last 3 and gave 1 to my best friend. As we were paying for some stuff, I spotted a rack of Episode III Pez candy dispensers...each for 94 cents!!! How happy I became. I bought four:

1) Regular Emperor - very detailed

2) Walmart exclusive Emperor - it glows in the dark and is black and white.

3) Death Star - my favorite!

4) General Grievous - last one.

the Death Star and Grievous seemed to be the rarest.

Other figres I saw were Vader and Boba Fett, which is interesting because he had the suit on and the box which contained him said Revenge of the Sith!

2. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    yeah, I got grevious at MM.

3. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    So, within the last week, I've started collecting the SW Pez dispensers!

So far, I've picked up C-3PO, R2-D2, the Death Star, Yoda, and the hard-to-find Darth Vader. I passed on the ROTS Palpatine, because it didn't look very good. But if I can find this Wal*Mart exclusive glow-in-the-dark Palpatine, I might buy it if it looks better. I just don't like the red-clad ROTS Palpatine. I also passed on Chewbacca because his head was too big, so I didn't like the way it looked. I still need to find the Boba Fett.

And speaking of Fett, I think I should mention that on all the ones I've bought, the packaging just says "Star Wars", not Revenge of the Sith. Many of these are reissues that first came out in 1997. So, they're including characters from all the movies. Now, I wonder if they'll ever repaint Boba to make a Jango Fett one? I also wonder if they'll make any Clonetroopers or Stormtroopers? Haven't seen any of those yet.

Oh yeah, easiest place to find these: Blockbuster Video stores. :)

4. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I found them all on April 1st. Being that I collect the Star Wars pez dispensers I picked them up.

5. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    I lucked out and found a Boba Fett today at a Blockbuster. Now all I need is to find the Wal*Mart exclusive glow-in-the-dark Emperor... Heh... Fat chance of that around my neck of the woods. It's hard enough to find a Wal*Mart around here that has Pez dispensers AT ALL... And finding one with Star Wars Pez dispensers is all but impossible. This area is just too chock full of scalpers and fellow collectors... And the others get there well before me 99% of the time. :(

P.S. I saw Grievous at a Blockbuster and passed. I've also passed up the Grievous 12" figure as well. He just doesn't interest me that much.

6. GeneralDooku

GeneralDooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    Could someone please post some good pics of the different despensers? Namely the two Palpatines and Greivous.

7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Ask and ye shall receive. Hit the link then click on
    the thumbnail.

PEZ

8. -HD-YaebGinn

-HD-YaebGinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 31, 2005
    I saw two of them giant ones at Target for like, 20 bucks tha tplay music. I wanna get one of those, being a big pez fan. (though not the prequels, I only get OT ones) does anyone know all the giant onmes made?

I only saw a Darth Vader and a Chewbacca. The DV ne is by far the coolest, but if I ever meet Peter Mayhew again, I'd want him to autograph the Chewbacca one.

9. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    The Death Star is definetely the coolest one.

10. GeneralDooku

Apr 9, 2005
    Thanks for the pic, I will definatley be looking for both Palpatines, I'm sure one will look good next to my Vader despenser and the other will look good on my night stand.

11. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    ^ No problemo :)

12. GeneralDooku

Apr 9, 2005
    Yay! My sister was at Blockbuster and picked up a red cloaked Palps one for me!

13. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Bought six of these tonight.

Vader
    Sidious
    GG
    R2
    Chewie
    Yoda

First time I've collected any of the PEZ dispensers. They're pretty cool. I'll probably go back tomorrow and get the rest.

14. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I still cannot find any of the Palpatine Pez dispensers. :(

15. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Wife came home with a whole bundle of these the other day.
    Palps
    Grievous
    C-3PO
    R2
    Death Star
    Chewie
    I think there were some others too. Don't remember them all. Just took the whole bag and wrapped it up and stuck it in the top of the closet. Someone will need them someday, or I'll give in and open them up and display them all.

Either way, I know I'll never eat the candy! PEZ tastes horrible! But the dispensers are cool. Grievous is very cool.

16. GeneralDooku

Apr 9, 2005
    If your having trouble finding them, Blockbuster appears to be the key place. I just wish they would make a Dooku Pez Despenser, it could be his head, and the long base could be brown, like his cape, or black, like the rest of his outfit.

17. -HD-YaebGinn

Jan 31, 2005
    my wal mart has a ton.

btw, any info on those giant ones at target? are there any more than vader and chewie?

18. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Since you haven't discovered this for yourself, there's at least 1 more giant Pez: C-3PO. I've seen it with my own eyes. Not sure yet if there's a 4th, or a 5th, etc., but there's at least 3.

I wish MY Wal*Marts had a ton... I need a GITD Palpy!

19. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    There is a Grevious. I don't know if Target will be carring it but if they've got the other Giant ones I don't know why they wouldn't get this one.

20. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    There's a Grievous, eh? Okay, that makes 4.

Let me add # 5 to the list, the first variant I know of: Chrome-Plated Vader. I saw it today at a candy shop in the mall I work at. The eye lenses are black, all the rest of it is vac-metallized in silver for that chrome-plated look.

So that makes 5 Giant Pez Dispensers so far... Anyone care to make it a half dozen? ;)

21. -HD-YaebGinn

Jan 31, 2005
    I had a dream there was a stormtrooper one.

is there any web site or something that lists them?

22. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Have you thought of, oh, I don't know, maybe trying Pez.Com? ;)

23. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I've seen the giant Vader and 3PO PEZ dispensers at TRU.

24. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    There is a giant palps too.

25. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Picked up C-3PO and Boba Fett last night. They were packaged on a card, though. All the others I have were packed in bags. I think the only one I need now is the Death Star.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.