main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WOW! Initial thoughts upon my return from The Two Towers.

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by GENERAL_FEL, Dec 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Well, I told Ed I wouldn't rush out to see it tonight, but it looks like I lied. At the last moment I suffered a momentary lapse of reason and bought tickets online for the 6PM show at Tulsa Cinemark. As was the case with The Fellowship of the Ring, all I can say is WOW!!!
    I never read the books, and as many of you know I will not watch a movie and read the book. One or the other, that's all I require. For those of you who can do both, more power to ya. My fragile little world can only handle so much before the walls start to crumble.
    From the start to the beginning, I was totally, absolutely, undeniably, completely, and positively entertained. If anything, I think that I can honestly say that this set of movies will easily surpass Star Wars as my favorite movie series. Or better yet, let me rephrase that. Star Wars will always hold a special place in my heart. It came to many of us in our childhoods, and nothing could ever replace that. LOTR, I think, will prove to be equally magical for our adult lives. Sure, the Prequel trilogy is obviously a part of our adult lives, but its orgins come from our childhood love for a galaxy far, far away. LOTR is different.
    I loved The Two Towers. I loved the vast scale on which the story took place. I love the characters, new and old.
    Bottom line, a good time was had by all the members of the Brown family. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.

So...what did you think. C'mon, Ed, let slip the dogs of war! 8-}

2. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Soon as I see it I will let you know :) I have my tickets for the AMC at 11:50 on Friday. I have thus far resisted the urge to go see it early before going with my Lady :)

3. QueenOverVader

QueenOverVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    Aaaaahhhhhh! So sweet! Mike is doing the same (I know it's killing him!)
    You guys are so romantic [face_love]

4. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    I almost caved in last night after choir practice hehe almost...

5. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I completely agree. I spent over 25% of yesterday in the theater watching this movie twice. It's truly something to behold. I caught the midnight showing at Cinemark with Billy, Kenzi and Otto and some others and it was mind-blowing. Took my wife to the 6:15 at AMC last night and she loved it too.

I felt so dirty when I told her that this is what the prequels should have been. This grand and epic and engaging. Star Wars will always hold a place in my heart. I'm just happy that Return of the King isn't opening on May 25th, 2005 like Ep3. Cuz I'd be hard-pressed to decide which one would get my midnight dollars...

6. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    I have had sooo many opportunities to see the movie. I even had one that was free and could have first seating...But I love my woman enough to wait. Come Sat HELL YEAH IT'S ON!!!

7. Gnomer

Gnomer Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2002
    it blew me away i loved every minute of it..even the boring parts :p

8. ForceDemon

ForceDemon Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    hehe. I went to see it opening weekend AND i'm seeing it w/ my woman this week.

In retrospect, I should have gone to the midnight show. I love seeing geek movies with my fellow geeks.

And i really didn't need to study for that final, as I flunked it anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.