wow its over!

Discussion in 'NE Fanforce Awards Forum' started by strawbary, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    ok, not sure how many will actually read in here , but I did post a big thanks int he discussional forum. I also wanted to post in here thanks to everyone. The planning forum seemed to work we managed to get everything done and from the feedback it was a great succcess!

Of course everyone growled at each other for the first hour but once the show got going it was awesome!

Thanks everyone for all your hard work! you guys rocked!

*hugs*

I vote for buffalo next year so pittsburgh can take a break, they earned their badges now time to give the headache to another chapter LOL ;)
  2. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    lol, yes, it is definitely Buffalo's turn to host (and maybe we'll get more folks from the northern part of the NE region to come)

3. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    I'll have to take a look and see how we can do it and attract people to come.
  4. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    If you host it, they will come, LOL

Tell them you have candy, alcohol, big name celebs, etc. As everyone knows, our own three-time epic duels champ, Flukegroundrunner can bring in people :p

I don't think anyone who was at the awards really came for the lure of the comcion anyway. What about doing a Fanforce bowling event before the awards? Do you guys have a thing like Funfest here, with bowling/lasertag/arcade?

5. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    I have a personal ban from Lasertron here. I'd have to explain in person as it would be against the TOS and I wouldn't be able to keep it clean.

We're looking into seeing what we can do.
  6. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    chris and I have hammeered out a few ideas for the next one. (no braks allowed) LOL
    Just having a mini con of our own at the hotel with similar to what you have mentioned....... bowling, gaming, etc..... just a matter of securing a hotel that will work with us and give us a good rate.

There wont be a banquet next year just the awards then a big afterparty. (similar to a real academy awards) Makes things alittle easier as well.
    Right now its all in the preplanning stages. Nothing can really be planned planned until we actually figure out if there is a hotel we can use. Im open to have it in syracuse if the rates in buffalo are too high next summer due to tourist season ;)

Laser tag sounds fun... I know they have one in buffalo :)
    I was thinking along the lines of friday night social... casual meet up...
    Saturday various activities thru the day ie; gaming room, bowling, minigolf, costuming workshop yadda yadda then break for dinner meet up at 7 for the awards etc..... I have tossed it around with a few people and they love the idea of having just simple activities all weekend and relaxing time. No con or high stress stuff.

again, right now its all specualtive... will greatly depend on hotel and cost.

I think its great to toss it around. Im thinking along the lines of a NEFFA mini con ;) LOL

who knows,,, it may take off
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.