main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends (Wraith Squadron) Don't Mess with a Wraith (AU) Face/Adra(OC)- MASSIVE Update 12/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CodeName_Targeter, Nov 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Don't Mess with a Wraith

AUTHOR: CodeName_Targeter
    Timeframe: Post ROTJ
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Keywords: Wraith Squadron, Admiral Daala, Tyria Tainer, rescue
    RATING: PG

Summary Wraith Squadron member Tyria Tainer is captured by the Imperial Admiral Daala after hacking into Imperial files one time too many. Now, it's almost a race against time as Tyria struggles to find the willpower to withstand Daala's tortures and Kell Tainer's, Tyria's brother, willingness to break the rules.

Disclaimer Okay, I only feel like saying this once through out the story, so I don't own star Wars, I only own the characters you don't recognize and the versions of the characters who's names you recognize but who's characteristics you don't. Oh yes, and half of these characters belong to -Trickster-

Lil info you should know:
    First off, this story was based on an RPG I play in called The Core Worlds. Secondly, Tyria Tainer here is not Kell's wife Tyria Sarkin, but his sister. Yes, I know you're faith in me is now shattered, but please, read! Secodnly, you might want to read -Trickster-'s Why the Force Not so that you'll understand this. Now without further ado, the cast of characters.

Dramatis Personal
    Wraith Squadron
    Leader: Face Loran
    Two: Jade Veila
    Three: Asyr Sei'lar
    Four: Bror Afyon
    Five: Kell Tainer
    Six: Gaeriel Capistan
    Seven: Adra Tallon
    Eight: Nicola Ettyk Afyon
    Nine: Thracia Cho Leem
    Ten: Tyria Tainer
    Eleven: Vana Sage
    Twelve: Cloud Ritril

The New Republic
    General Wedge Antilles
    General Garm bel Iblis

Rouge Squadron
    Wild Knights Squadron
    Saber Squadron
    Comet Squadron

The Imperials
    Admiral Daala
    Commander Tavira Davip

Chapter One- "Quite far into your systems"

Tyria Tainer floated in and out of consciousness. She struggled to remember who she was, what she did and where she was. And then, it hit her like a rock.

Adra Tallon frowned slightly at the small hologram in front of her. The hologram smiled slightly as Adra explain the situation to her.

"Yeah, I was just about to call you about that. Anyways, Wedge just sent me a copy of yours and my new orders. He wants one of us to stay on ground, and I'll do it," she said hurriedly, "because you're too good a pilot and Nicola needs you too much for you not to fly. I'll keep on hacking into their systems. But this time, I'll use my personal signature. Hopefully, Daala will get mad enough and concentrate on getting me. And remember, if I get captured, only my computers will miss me. You'll leave Face waiting. In the mean time," the holographic Tyria bent slightly, working with a terminal. "Use this transponder package I've spent the last week working on, on your X-wing transponder I.D. It should take them about 4 hours to break and that's if they can get a targeting lock on you for more than 5 minutes."

Adra nodded. "Okay. Will do...just be careful, okay? If I come back to find that you've not survived, I will murder you when I take the 'big leap' myself."

The other hacker smiled. "I'm always careful. And you'll be the one in danger. May the Force be with you. Tyria out." With that, Tyria terminated the transmission. Adra blinked several times, for some reason, she had this gut feeling that she wouldn't be seeing Tyria for a long time, if ever.

Tyria Tainer turned away from her terminals, feeling much more exhausted than she had an hour ago. There was no way around this, one way or another, Daala was going to get either her or Adra. And like she had told Adra, better a woman who's alone in life than one who's in love.

Taking a swig of caf, she swiveled her chair back towards her computer terminals. Pausing to collect her thoughts, she began to type commands into the computer, never pausing as she hacked her way deeper into Imperial files, looking for ones with Daala's signature trademark.

Trademark. She had almost forg

2. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    Yay!! DMWAW!! GOOOD story!

3. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Hehe, glad you enjoyed it Stickz.
    *Waits to get another reader or two before she posts the next part*

4. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Even though no one's read the first part besides -Trickster-, here's part 2 anywyas.

Chapter 2: On to Plan B- What is Plan B?

Calmly, General Garm bel Iblis ordered the Wild Knights into battle. From her terminals, Tyria looked up. That was the squadron that Adra was with. Tapping a few keys on her terminal, she switched the view of one of her monitors to a tactical screen. Her brown-gray eyes followed the blip labeled Wild Knights Two. That was Adra. Silently, she cheered each time Adra vaped an enemy. Then her eyes narrowed. About two squadrons of eyeballs were closing in on Adra and Nicola. The Imps must have cracked into that transponder code she had used though she had no clue how. She turned off her monitors and raced towards the launching bay.

Powering up her X-wing, she did a quick weapons system check and left the launching bay.

?Wraith Ten, what the Sith are you doing??

Tyria turned on her comm unit and replied grimly, ?I?m saving my friend, General, that?s what.?

?Flight Officer, you could get a court martial for this!?

?Yeah, well unless I help Adra, you?ll be working with a half strength hacker team.? Cutting off the General?s protests, by slamming the comm unit off, she turned back towards that battle. Adra had taken out 6 of the enemy by now and Nicola was being taken farther away by the enemy she was facing.

Zooming in, her lasers screaming, she cleared a path towards Adra. Turning her comm unit on, she yelled into it, ?Adra, get the Sith out of here!?

?Circuitry Girl? What the Vong are you doing out here? You don?t have a transponder code on your X-wing! Daala will have you in minutes!?

?Well unless you get out of here, she?ll have both of us!? Tyria glanced at her tactical boards. They were too close to the Gorgon, Daala?s flagship, for her comfort. ?Adra! Get out of there! We?re in range of the Gorgon?s tractor beams!? But her warning came too late. One of the Gorgon?s 10 tractor beams reached out and caught the x-wing in its grasp.

?Sorry Tyria, I think it?s a bit late for that,? Adra replied, her tone grim.

Tyria began to think, racking her brain for ideas. Wait a second, the battle back at Bothawui. ?Adra, you were back at Bothawui a few years ago right??

?Yeah, but I don?t know- oh a TB twist?? Adra asked.

?Exactly, I just hope we?ve got that cloaker fixed if this doesn?t work.?

?Well at the risk of not sounding like a Jedi, good luck.?

Tyria merely double clicked her comm in acknowledgement. The whole idea behind a TB twist was for several small ships to ?ram? the tractor beam at full speed which would hopefully causing the beam to momentarily break off, allowing trapped ship to escape before the beam reformed.

Gritting her teeth, she shoved the speed lever all the way up and sped towards the invisible beam. Ramming it full on, she grinned slightly, the beam disparated momentarily and then snapped back into place. Except one problem, Adra was no longer there. Adra let out a whoops of glee that was abruptly cut off as it took the Gorgon exactly 2.3 seconds to reconnect the beam. Tyria groaned inwardly. This was bad, very bad.

?On to Plan B. What is plan B?? Adra?s voice came dryly over the comm unit.

?Plan B involves me having no idea what to do,?

?Wonderful. Uh-oh, they?re drawing me in,? her voice cut off abruptly as an ion beam hit the x-wing. A low power turboblast hit the starfighter, damaging it severely. Having no choice, Adra went EV and another blast completely destroyed the x-wing.

Tyria cursed silently, saying several phrases she had learned from Kell and that were never used in polite company. She reached out with a gloved hand to flip open a hidden panel. She paused for a nanosecond before pushing the first button, instantly, the world became black. Great, she?d have to fly blind, with only her sensors to help guide her. This was one of the few times she wished she had been a Jedi. Taking a deep breath, she slowly started to guide the X-wing in

5. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Chapter Three: Is anyone keeping anything that can explode away from Kell?

Kell Tainer had returned to base an hour ago. And since then, he had received nothing but bad news. They had lost Bilbringi and his sister Tyria had gone after Adra. And no one knew where the Sith either computer hacker was.

His head jerked up as a familiar looking x-wing landed. It was Tyria?s. Jumping up, he hurried over, expecting his sister. But Adra Tallon climbed out, her face grim and her eyes filled with tears. Brushing away Kell and the others? questions, she headed inside, running into her best friend Nicola Afyon on her way. A quiet question from Nicola and a short answer from Adra sent both of them into tears. Bror, Nicola?s husband, went over concerned, and Nicola threw herself at him sobbing. He talked quietly to her for a few moments before drawing her closer to him, talking soothingly and quietly to her, running his fingers through her red-gold hair.

At this moment, the squad leader, Face Loran came out. He took one look at the sobbing and hurried over to her, bringing her to him.

?Adra, what happened?? he asked. Adra wiped her face slightly and then said loud and clear,

?Face, I need to talk to you and Wedge, immediately.?

Her eyes still red, Adra walked into Wedge Antilles? office, Face Loran with her. Wedge looked up at her from composing a letter to the family of Doran Sarkin who had been killed in battle that day. Seeing the look on her face, he stood up quickly.

?Adra, what?s the matter? And where the Sith happened to Tyria??

Adra smiled humorlessly. ?Right now, she?s probably being tortured by Admiral Daala. And it?s all my fault,? the two men exchanged glances and Adra rushed on. ?I shouldn?t have left without her and I shouldn?t have let the eyeballs and squints take me away from my squad, and I should?ve out flown that lumbering Star Destroyer,?
    Her last admittance was almost the most painful to herself. If she?d Sithin done her job and flow, not talked, she would?ve ended up having to go EV and Tyria would?ve had to go after her. No matter how she tried to look at it, in the end it all linked back to one of the many screw-ups she made today.

Wedge sat down hard at that first bit of information. Tyria Tainer captured by Daala. Wonderful, she only had 90% of the New Republic hacking secrets stored in her brain.

He shook his head slightly as Adra kept going about how it was all her fault. Most pilots that had flown with him for awhile knew that taking responsibility for someone else's actions or making stupid excuses got you this talk.

?Tallon, sit down, take your right boot off and put your feet up on the desk.?
    Doing the same, he watched her.

?Now start that little speech again. How did it go? Oh yes. "Right now, Tyria's probably being tortured by Admiral Daala."?

This time, he wasn't in the mood for thinking up new speeches, the one he'd used for Myn Donos several years back worked just as well.

Adra sighed with exasperation at Wedge?s orders. None-the-less, she followed them, feeling a bit stupid about giving a report while she was sitting there with a single boot on, her feet up on the desk, General Antilles in the same position. Orders were orders though, so she began again.

?Right now, she's probably being tortured by Admiral Daala. And it's all my fault. I shouldn't have left without her and I shouldn't have...? her voice trailed off unconsciously as what she was saying began to sink in. For a moment, she completely forgot that she was supposed to be giving a report. If she shouldn't have done x, x, x and x, what should she have been doing then? And what should, say, Tyria really have been doing? What about everyone else that had been in the fight. Was she going to start rattling off mistakes they made and listing them as her own, giving a reason why she caused the other pilot to make the mistake? At this point, more or less, the realizati

6. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Because I happen to love this story and because Jenn's mah friend, up. ;)

7. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Chapter Four - Take Her To The Interogation Chamber

Admiral Daala turned away from the monitors in her control room. Tyria Tainer was getting what she deserved. Her commander, Tavira Davip, handed her a datapad. Her green eyes scanned it quickly. Sith, this was not good. 20 ships and buildings destroyed by Kell Tainer.

She stalked down the corridors towards the detention block DL-773. Officers and stormtroopers took one look at her and hurried out of the Admiral's way. The two stormtroopers standing outside Tainer's cell saluted sharply and Daala nodded in return. She reached up and pressed in her code and the door slid open with a hiss to reveal one weak and tired computer hacker. Tyria sat up a bit more and crossed her arms defiantly.

"I'm sure you'll be pleased to know, Miss Tainer, that your brother has destroyed 11 Imperial buildings and 9 Imperials ships."

Tyria grinned a bit weakly. "Good for him, you've got too much anyway."

"Perhaps Tainer, another does of pain will change your mind about that. If you ever see your brother again, you can thank him for this," A discreet signal from Daala brought the two stormtroopers in. Each one took a firm hold of the young woman's arms and pulled her to her feet.

"Take into to the same interogation chamber as before," Daala ordered, her green eyes never leaving Tainer's face. The Wraith merely raised an eyebrow and walked with the troopers towards another session of pain.

Tyria screamed inwardly but tried not to let too much of her pain show on her face. That would be letting Daala win. And no good Wraith ever let an Imperial win.

To most, Tyria appeared to be a quiet and reserved woman who kept to her computers and had no outside life. Most would guess that she would be the first one to break if tortured, out of the Wraiths. But then again, everyone else was a Jedi except for herself, Kell, Face, and Cloud, (who was Force sensitive.)

But anymore thoughts she might have had on such a subject were cut off as several needles were stuck into her, again. She would have jerked away if she hadn't been strapped to the "table." Her legs were held down by two thick leather straps, one on each leg, one at her waist, one a bit above, and one on each of her wrists, which were at about head, level. In other words, she was stuck for a long time.

Daala watched the procedures from a corner, just within Tyria's range of sight. She gave a curt nod to one of the officers in charge who stepped forward, a needle and syringe in hand. Jabbing it in her arm, she winced slightly in pain.

"It's a wonderful thing, that drug you've just been given. You see," Daala said clearly from her viewpoint. As she spoke, another Imp stepped forward, something, she couldn't tell exactly what in hand. "This particular drug is ineffective until it is activated by the cold."

The Imperial stepped forward and pressed the cold torture implement on her arm. Tyria's body screamed with pain. She would not do it. She would not do it. She would be a true Wraith. She would not let Daala have that satisfaction of her screaming.

Four hours later, they unstrapped her from the "table." Wavering on the brink of unconsciousness, she struggled to make her body obey her orders. Two stormtroopers caught her as she dropped towards the ground, her legs refusing to support her.

Watching with a delight that was almost holy, Daala nodded curtly to the troopers. "Take her back to her cell. Perhaps now she has learned why breaking into my files is a dangerous thing."

Too weak to even consider a comeback, Tyria went off with the troopers. This is getting to be a habit, she thought wearily; one she really wanted to end.

8. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Chapter Five - Call It Face, All Of Us Or Me And The Two Ladies?

Kell stormed into the Wraith's lounge room, all of the remaining Wraiths present whirling around to see.

"Enough is enough Face! She's been there over a month. Either we can go against the High Command as an intelligence team, or I'll go alone," Kell said angrily, his arms crossed in front of his chest.

Adra and Nicola glanced at each other, obviously speaking through the Force; less than a minute later, they both stood up and walked over to stand beside Kell.

"Three Wraiths can do more than one, Kell. We're coming too," Nicola said simply, for once with no sarcastic comment or such attached.

"It's my fault she's there anyways. She got me out and now it's my time to return the favor," Adra added, her tone also unusually mild and devoid of sarcasm.

Kell raised an eyebrow at them, Nicola in particular. "Oh, well um, thanks for the offers ladies, but should you really be going on this?"

Nicola glared at him, silver eyes flashing. "Why does everyone assume that just because I'm several weeks pregnant, that I'm made of glass? Besides, I was Targeter, remember?"

Kell gulped and nodded. It was a bit hard to forget that. Whenever one of the male Wraiths, Face Kell, Cloud, and occasionally Bror, got the women annoyed, Nicola would step in and use her fighting skills from her previous job as a NRI agent. And when Nicola struck, you were silent.

"As I said before, I'm the reason Tyria's there. And having two Jedi along will help. We've got some special powers remember?" Adra said her voice with more life in it than before.

Realizing the futility of arguing, Kell merely nodded. "Alright fine. Well, call it Face, all of us or just me and the two ladies?"

Face glared at him. "Kell, sometimes I hate you." Turning back to the remaining Wraiths, he asked, "Alright, but volunteers only. Anyone?"

Bror immediately stood up and went to stand beside his wife. No words were needed to see that he would go along, to not only rescue Tyria, but to keep an eye on his very willful and occasionally a bit impetuous wife.

Gaeriel Captison, Asyr Sei'lar, and Vana Sage stood up and stepped forward.

"Three more Jedi for the party," Asyr said, smiling slightly. Behind them, the door burst open, revealing Cloud dragging Jade Veila behind him.

"I'm coming with ya, Kell. And Jade is too. Or she will be once the situation is explained," Cloud said, a bit breathless. Jade merely glanced at him, her green eyes a bit hard. Turning back to Kell, she raised a questioning eyebrow. Taking a hint, Kell started to explain.

"So, will you come along?" Kell finished.

Jade nodded. "Of course, Tyria is my friend as well." Kell grinned, now they were 10. All eyes turned towards the last Wraith in the room, Thracia Cho Leem, the only Wraith who was also a member of the Jedi Council.

Thracia glanced at each face in turn.

"Well?" Kell asked impatiently. Thracia thought for a moment before replying.

"I'll come except for one thing. We'll have to postpone the mission for two weeks because I've got Council duty."

Face nodded. "Alright, then we all go," Kell started to protest but Face cut him off. "It would take us at least a week and a half to get everything arranged. And we'd better tell Wedge what's happening so that Iella doesn't lend us to the Jedi or send us on another mission,"

Making a slight face, Kell mumbled, "I knew that."

Clapping him on the shoulder, hard enough to make him wince, Gaeriel replied, "Sure you did Explosion Boy. Sure you did."

Wedge Antilles leaned back in his office chair, contemplating about the past two months' events. Things had happened very quickly and the majority of it had been bad. They had not merely lost Bilbringi shipyards to Daala, but they had lost almost 2 complete y-wing squads and about a squadron of a-wings and b-wings. Not to mention Tyria Tainer being captured.

Not only was she a long time member of Wraith Squadron, but also half of the NR's hacking system. They had only

9. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Chapter Six - Appealing To My Vanity Won't Get You Out Of Sentry Duty

Face Loran gazed around the dark and dingy room in which the Wraiths were. Not exactly an ideal spot to hide and not exactly a "homey" spot either. When the last Wraith, Nicola, came in, he made a small gesture to Kell, who came over.

"Mark all the entrances and exits in and out of this room,"

"Yes, Great One!" Kell said, mock saluting.

"Appealing to my vanity won't get out of sentry duty. Well not this time."

Adra rolled her eyes at her boyfriend. Face grinned back at her and turned back to Kell, who was snickering. Face's expression turned into a glare.

"Sentry duty Kell, now!" Face snapped t his twic. Grumbling about how being Face's twic for all these years wasn't really worth it, he headed towards the door. Cloud, Kell's partner in crime, got up and went over to keep Kell company. Face turned back to Adra, the love of his life. Well, maybe that was a bit extreme. They had only been dating for 2 months now. And it would've been longer if they hadn't been covering up their true feelings for each other by bickering constantly. But now was not really the time for those thoughts, Face thought. Right now he should be thinking about-

Adra lowered her slender frame to the floor beside him. He smiled at her slightly as she rested her head on his shoulder. Several thoughts came to his mind that this was definitely not the time for.

Adra's head abruptly shot up and she glared at him. "Lovely thoughts Face." Face groaned inwardly. The downside of dating a Jedi.

Trying to look as innocent as he could, he replied, "What? I was just thinking about how beautiful you are!"

Adra raised an eyebrow. "No you weren't. You just wanted to jump into bed with me."

"Alright, fine! I was!" Face admitted. Adra smiled fake-sweetly.

"You flyboys. All you ever think about is sex." Face mumbled some unintelligible things, amongst which the words "It's not my fault we do!" were barely recognizable.

Across the room, Nicola glanced up and caught Adra's eye and the two grinned and suppressed laughs.

"Face, you really need to learn discretion," Adra said.

"Well it's not my fault that you're a Jedi," Face retorted.

"Face," Nicola said loudly, "You were thinking loud enough for Wedge to hear if he'd been here, and he's Force blind as you!"

"I give up! I take so much abuse from you Jedi women! I think I'll just go back to impersonating Imperial madmen."

From his post as sentry, Kell started to laugh, which he quickly turned into a racking cough. Back when Wraith Squadron has first been formed, one of Face's first assignments had been impersonating an Imperial Captain.

Not being able to keep his big mouth shut any longer, the big man nodded, "Or else you could go back to being Dod from Agamar!" That had been Face's next assignment.

Glaring, Face chucked a sizeable chunk of rock at him which Kell easily dodged.

Intervening upon the fledgling war, Jade Veila, the group navigator and communication's officer, silently sent a datapad zooming via the Force into Face's hands. His emerald green eyes scanned the information, his expression frowning a bit more serious. Adra leaned over and read it over too. She glanced sharply over at Jade, the two obviously having a conversation through the Force. After a few moments, Adra nodded and started to turn on her "toys." Face turned towards her, all business now.

"Well, can you?" He asked. Adra nodded.

"Sure. I can eve tell you what Daala had for dinner tonight if you give enough time and if you shut up for a few Sithin' moments."

Instantly, Face shut his mouth, letting the computer hacker work.

Adra half glared at her miniature computer screen. The first part, getting into the system, had been easy. But figuring out how exactly to convince the computers that she was friendly and that they should listen to her was a bit harder. Apparently Daala had put a bit more security on her files. Which was not good. Tyria wasn't going to like it either if- whe

10. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Chapter 7: "Alright Computer Girl, try this-"

Hardly the group's ranking officer or even one of the oldest Wraiths, Nicola Afyon was in charge of the mission. Face had originally offered command to Kell, since he was a former commando and he had the most at stake here. But Kell had refused it, saying the only reason he had been one of Page's Commandos, was because he had enjoyed blowing things up. So Face had then reluctantly turned to Nicola, who would've normally been his first choice except for that fact that she was pregnant. Actually, Adra had been his next choice after Kell but she had refused and "ordered" Face to give command to Nicola.

So here they were, in the middle of an Imperial stronghold, Cloud City, on what was damn well near to a suicide mission to rescue Tyria Tainer.

Red Group, Nicola, Adra, and Kell, silently slipped into one of the control rooms. For someone so big, Kell could actually move rather quietly. Coolly, Nicola pulled out a blaster and fired, killing on of the six Imperials present. The other five whirled around, shocked. Ten seconds later, it was all over and Kell was dragging the six dead Imperials into the maintenance closet, grumbling about how he had to do all the grunt work. Adra shot him "the look" and he shut his mouth quickly.

Pulling out her comlink, Nicola flipped it on. "Red group in position. Blue and Green, report." She waited for about four standard seconds before the comlink crackled and Face's voice came out.

"Blue group's in position, Red." Face, Bror, and Asyr had taken over the comcenter about 10 klicks away from them. Right now, Asyr was probably doing the same thing as Adra, working with the Imp. Computers though Adra was probably getting twice as far.

Nicola waited another three standard seconds before bringing the comlink back up towards her mouth and said, "Green, report status."

Give us a sec, Fighter Girl Gaeriel's voice came through the Force to her. All right, Jedi Girl says to report success for Green Group. Jade and Van would say hi, but they're a bit busy right now.

Nicola grinned slightly. Vana was probably trying to get all the scientific information from the Imperials as possible and Jade was most likely downloading their starfield maps and such.

Leaning back in her chair, Nicola reached a hand up to run her fingers through her hair but then stopped and put it back down. She had almost forgotten that before the mission's start, she had cut it short and dyed it black. If she had been in an Imperial uniform, she would've fit right in with the other young officers. Infact, some would probably recognize her as "Inyri Larse."

Nicola shook her head to clear the thoughts. Evidently, she was getting bored. Stealing a vibroblade from Kell, she sharpened it, keeping herself from boredom. The others were probably feeling the same was as they waited for Adra, Asyr, Jade, and Vana to finish their work with the Imperial system.

Slamming her fist down on the table, Adra filled the air with curses.

"What's the matter, Adra?" Nicola asked.

"In short, I can't get into this one program and it's a program we really need," Adra replied.

"Didn't you hack into everything before?"

"Everything except for this cell block code program,"

Nicola's expression grew distant as she tried to remember, it had been so long ago....

"All right Computer Girl, try this- G9WHQ7A361576AJE2223344DI7724," Nicola said, rattling off the thirty-digit code. Frowning slightly, Adra typed in the command code. Moments later, a grin came across her features as the files opened up before her.

"How the Sith did you know that, Nicola?" Adra asked. Nicola shrugged slightly as slightly unpleasant memories came back to her.

"My Targeter days. I had to break five Rebels out from Bastion," Kell's eyes widened. Bastion had once been Imperial headquarters for awhile and had top level secu

11. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Chapter Eight: "This isn't learn-about-Nicola day,"

Adra watched as Nicola led them through Cloud City's corridors. It still felt odd, moving along without any attempt at concealment as they had Jade's Force shield in place. Adra, Nicola and the rest of the Jedi stopped abruptly, the people behind them slamming into their backs. A large group, about 30, was approaching them from the front. They looked around quickly for possible places to hide since 30 Imperials and 9 Wraiths wouldn't fit in the corridor.

Without any warning, Nicola suddenly sprung up towards the corridor ceiling, using telekinesis to give herself an extra push. Adra watched in fascination as Nicola wedged her feet under two pipes and held on to another with her left hand as her right one worked on undoing a latch. A panel swung down, almost hitting Kell, revealing an overhead space to the Wraiths.

Dropping back down to the floor, she grinned slightly at Adra. "Go ahead up, Kell, Face. The rest of us can get up a bit easier than you,"

Kell reached up and easily grabbed the edge of the ceiling and pulled himself up. Reaching down, he offered a hand first to Face, then to Cloud. Thracia jumped up and then levitated Jade, in a trance, up to the "space," and Asyr right behind her.

His voice tight and controlled, Bror said," They're coming. We've got 20 seconds."

After a stern look from Nicola, Adra jumped up into their hiding spot, leaving Bror and Nicola standing there. Bror opened his mouth to tell Nicola to go on up, but before he could get the words out, Nicola levitated him up into the hole. The sound of marching feet slowly started to become louder. Adra could almost hear the cursing running through her friend's mind, of which well over half were never used around children.

Close the Sithin' hatch, Nicola said grimily to Adra. When Adra didn't move immediately, Nicola jumped up, grabbed several pipes, and pushed the hatch shut with her feet, using the Force to make the lock click. Wedging her feet under pipes and readjusting her grip with her hands, she waited all of two seconds before the first rank of Imperials arrived. If any looked up, she was screwed.

Beads of sweat began to form on her forehead, her muscles started to ache. Several drops of sweat fell, hitting two soldiers, one on the nose and the other on the shoulder. They both looked up and fired two stun bolts at her.

Kicking the latch and breaking it, Nicola swung down, kicking the two soldiers backwards, knocking several of their fellows down. Dropping all the way down, she flipped one man over her head, slamming him into another. Pulling out a blaster, she fired repeatedly and quickly, taking out six more Imps. Ten down, twenty to go.

Reaching out with the Force, she called her lightsaber to her. In a silver blur, it flew up from her boot and into her jumpsuit sleeve into the hidden sheath for it she had there. Kicking another officer in the throat twice and killing her, she fired her blaster again.

Suddenly, Adra had dropped down into the fray, blaster firing rapidly. The remaining Imps turned towards her, surprised. Taking advantage of the momentary distraction, Nicola exploded in a flurry of kicks, punches, and flips.

Glad for once that she was short, Nicola leapt into the air, her knees bent and turned outwards. Kicking them outwards, her boots hit the throats of two Imps, instantly killing them. Snapping her legs back together, she came down, going into a forward roll. As she came out of it, her blasters were in hand and aimed at two Imps. She fired, leaving eight Imperials. Another Imp rushed at her, and she held up a hand, the hilt of her lightsaber in it. Activating the beam, she watched coolly as the Imperial neatly ran himself through.

Seven blasters fired, each hitting different targets and killing them instantly. Wiping the light sheen of sweat out of her eyes, Nicola looked around. In between Adra coming down and the l

12. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
  13. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    This up is legalized under the rulings of GFFA rule 572, page 910, section 5, paragraph C, sentence 4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.