main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wraith Squadron Fan Club

Discussion in 'Literature' started by hobbie6195, Nov 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hobbie6195

hobbie6195 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 1999
    Everyone has one, except the Wraiths, so i thought i would make one. :)

I'd just like to say that i love the Wraiths. :)

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Yep love how they are the ghosts of misers, hoarding treasure of their life and sap energy of the living.

j/k

Who doesn't like wraith squadron.

3. Art_Core

Art_Core Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 18, 2000
    The Wraiths are funny!

4. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Wraith Squadron is cool! :)

5. Dented-Droid

Dented-Droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2000
    The Wraiths are my favorite Star Wars books. I can't wait until Allston's NJO books.

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    If they don't get cancelled, :(.

7. PaysonTerrik

PaysonTerrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2000
    Thanks Hobbie for starting this one ? I think the Wraiths are greatly under-appreciated! I?ll help to keep this one going ? maybe if people see this thread stick around it will generate an interest in the books.

8. Matara_Healbo

Matara_Healbo Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    I loved the comedy in the books. I thinks it's lacking in most SW books. Yes they are funny but not Wraith funny. What other book have you read were they pull pranks on each other, make fun of their commanding officer and not be severly punished?

9. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Yeah, but Matara - how many squadrons have COs as cool as Wedge? ;-)

10. Matara_Healbo

Matara_Healbo Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    Okay you've got me there. I still think they're cool.

11. hobbie6195

Nov 10, 1999
    So...Who's your favorite Wraith?

I like Janson, Myn, and Lara.

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I bet wraith squadron aren't as fun anymore now that they under some Overly Stuffy Serious NRI CO.

13. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    I doubt even the NRI could dampen the spirit of the Wraiths. They're Grrrreat!

14. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Call me sentimental, but I like the Wraith couples (Myn/Lara, Kell/Tyria). Not only are the Wraiths a bit dysfunctional in their careers, but set them up in a relationship and let the craziness begin! OK, so the relationships were fine once they started going, but the beginnings ? one with an ?I love you?/?No, you don?t? ? and the other with a ?Hey, my intel work killed off all your friends.? Only in the Wraiths. . .

Hobbie ? do stuffed Ewok toys count, too?

Valiento ? I bet they do the practical joke stuff behind NRI?s back - either that, or they're slowing warping their new CO's mind to their own. And who knows ? with Iella moving up in the world, maybe they?ll eventually be under her command. Or is she doing the family thing now? It?s so confusing when they don?t actually use all of the characters in the books anymore. . . is she even in NRI still? I bet she wouldn't take too well to the jokes, but maybe being married to Wedge has lightened her up a bit.

15. Jagged_Fel

Jagged_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2000
    Gotta love that squadron. They are the funniest! Who can't love Face and that Devaronian? Too bad Janson left though..

16. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    I can?t wait to see the Wraiths again ? I bet if anyone will bring them back, Allston will. Although it?s also a little scary - it also means they?re at risk for getting killed off. It?s almost as if they?re ?safe? in this little forgotten characters holding place, but once they?re brought back they?re fair game to the various tragedies of NJO.

It?s like LucasBooks and the authors are each holding up their signs ? ?It?s duck season!? ? ?No ? it?s rabbit season!? over who gets killed next. We?ll all have to hope that the Wraiths WILL appear in NJO and that they will be triumphant!

In a couple of other threads, we?ve been discussing the cure for Mara coming from a newt that the Vong have that seems to be immune to her disease. Great if it?s a cure ? problem is the NR doesn?t even know that it exists. I say this sounds like a job for the Wraiths ? wouldn?t it be cool if that?s how they made their reappearance ? infiltrating the Vong for intel work and discovering the cure for Mara's disease?

17. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    they're is also an even worse thing that could happen, AA could get cut like MJF.

Payson, welcome to the board, glad to see you here.

18. hobbie6195

Nov 10, 1999
    Yeah, hopefully AA will bring them back.

Ive heard him talk about wanting to do Wraith comics. That would be cool, too.

19. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Oooh oooh oooh! I really really hope they do some Wraith comics!!! When Dark Horse had their online survey, I put in my two cents worth for a Wraith series. Hopefully they'll listen! Where did you hear about that - I'd like to read the interview transcript if there's one around.

20. hobbie6195

Nov 10, 1999
    I either read it in an interview for TF.N or Rebelpilots.com. Cant remember, sorry. I remember that he said he would like to do Intel Wraith comics.

21. Lt_Ketch

Lt_Ketch Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2000
    LOL - It's rabbit hunting season AND duck hunting season.

The Wraiths are great! We simply must see more of them in NJO.

22. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    This thread is too young to be left unattended on the second page! It needs to brought back to page one! Maybe this conversation topic will keep things going for a little while:

So ? how long have you all been Wraith fans?

I had decided to read the EU chronologically, but thought the X-Wing series was this ?side? story line that I could just come back to (like the ?Tales from? books). So, I just finished the Rogue and Wraith books last week, and could kick myself for not starting with them! Although I guess ?save the best for last? applies here. I must say the Wraiths kick butt! Aren?t we all a bunch of screw-ups looking for a second chance at heart?

23. Art_Core

Art_Core Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 18, 2000
    Most of us, don't know if that includes me though.

24. hobbie6195

Nov 10, 1999
    I read Wraith Squadron a couple of summers ago, but i didnt become a die-hard Wraith until i read Solo Command earlier this year.

25. Wraith1

Wraith1 Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1999
    I am definitly down with the WRAITHS!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.