main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wraith Squadron Fan Club

Discussion in 'Literature' started by hobbie6195, Nov 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matara_Healbo

Matara_Healbo Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    Hey Hobbie thanks for the picture of the patch. This summer I'm making another pair of moccasins and I wanted a cool bead work design on the sides of the boots. I think I'll do the Wraiths patch. It will take me awhile but I know I can do it.

2. eclipse

eclipse Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 1999
    Someone asked earlier how Piggie sounded on the audiotapes. Actually, they do his voice really well. There is the vocalization of a Gamorrean and a flat voice over by the reader. Sounds realistic.

My favorite Wraith is Myn Donos. Although such a tragic figure (losing your whole squad, that hurt!!), but then learning to forgive himself so that he could live again. Great character development.

And now for a "Wraith Moment" and my current favorite gag scene from Solo Command:

"You can't just stay her and avoid it," Janson said.
    Wedge looked at the Wraith's XO. "Come again?"
    "You can't just hang around here, Commander. You have to get to the Falsehood and face your mistake."
    "What mistake is that?"
    Janson grinned. "Well, of course, you're taking Han Solo's place in piloting the Falsehood because he really can't keep on relinquishing command of the fleet for joyrides."
    "Correct. No mistake I can see so far. I have more experience with Corellian freighters than anyone on Mon Remonda, excepting Han Solo."
    "And you asked him if Chewbacca would be interested in coming along as copilot and mechanic. He has all that experience keeping disintegrating junk together as it flies."
    "Correct so far."
    "And the general said, sure, Chewie would be happy to come along."
    "You're three for three."
    "Wedge, you don't speak Wookie."
    "I--oh, Sithspit." Wedge felt some color rising into his face. Janson was right; In all the mission planning they'd done, he'd failed to remember that he wouldn't be able to understand anything his co-pilot said, though Chewbacca could certainly understand Basic.
    Janson just stood there, his expression merry.
    Wedge sighed. "Check with Squeaky and Emtrey. I can't issue orders for them to go, but if either is willing to volunteer, I'd appreciate it. Preferably Squeaky". . . . .
    "Will do."
    "You haven't mentioned this to the pilots?"
    "Well, yes, I sort of blurted it out when it occurred to me."
    "And what did they say?"
    "They all put down bets on what you'd do. So then I had to go to all the other pilots so they could get their own bets down."
    "Who won?"
    "Tyria Sarkin. She said you'd say 'Sithspit'"
    "You know, you've finally earned my gravest revenge."
    "You don't ever take revenge. That's beneath Wedge Antilles, Hero of the New Republic."
    Wedge gave him a smile, one full of teeth, and Janson's own grin faltered. Wedge said, "Dismissed."

That scene gets me rolling :D "It sort of blurted out" -- I love Janson.

And speaking of Tyria: Isn't it cool that she was the only one who wasn't burnt in the oven? I wonder if it was a Jedi thing?

BACK TO THE TOP WRAITH FAN CLUB!!

3. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Does anyone know if there is a fanfiction story about Myn and Lara meeting back up? Or of any other Wraith fanfiction stories.

4. Kulilin

Kulilin Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2001
    Ah, good works, I'll put something of substance and actually read the thread next time.

5. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Ah a new member...

Ah hello Zach...can I interest you in the cult of Moffell?

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=291484&replies=295

6. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
  7. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    I don't know how I've been missing this thread, since it is well established. But I must say, I LOVE Wraith Squadron! They are more like a flying group of commedians than a fighter squadron. Can't wait for them in NJO!

8. ash_shack_II

ash_shack_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    I love Wraith Squadron!!!

Nice patch, Hobbie!

Anyone know where I can find a good picture of a Rogue Squadron patch? I'm going to put one on my high school jacket. I've been to rebelpilots.com, but the ones there didn't look like I thought they should. Any ideas?

9. hobbie6195

hobbie6195 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 1999
    Yeah, the one on RP.C is the only one, to my knowledge. I think it looks goofy. :D

10. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Aaron Allston has told me that the wraiths will be in his NJO books.

11. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    So THAT's the author you talked to. I had a suspicion. :)

12. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    Maybe I wasn't supposed to say anything. Oops! Well he didn't say I couldn't so I guess it's alright.

Don't say anything about WHY I was talking to Aaron though, Bubba. That has to stay secret.

13. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Was it about using Skrak?

14. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
  15. ash_shack_II

ash_shack_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    *skritch skritch skritch*

Check it out, guys. I'm holding an animal. Guess what it is.

16. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
    I give up.

17. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Ohh...okay. Sorry, you asked Colin Turner about that one, right?

18. LawgSkrak

Apr 23, 1999
  19. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Ah, now I remember.

20. neimoidian_85

neimoidian_85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
  21. neimoidian_85

neimoidian_85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
  22. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I'm reading the Wraith books all over again and I'm remembering all of the funny lines. My favorite is when Wedge and Janson are discussing Kell after he reveals his secret. I love it when Janson says something like 'I killed his father, he hates me and he makes bombs. You know what that means.' or something to that effect.

23. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The Wraiths were great all right and they will be.

24. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Well this is an answer to a question that was brought up a few pages back. It is the one on Music. I was thinking it over and I think I've figured out Myn Donos' theme song. It's called 'Needs' By Collective Soul. If you haven't heard it yet you really need to listen to it. It starts out with someone not needing anyone and then in the end finding someone they can't live without. It also has this really good violin piece near the end that I love. If you haven't listened to Collective Soul you are really missing out, they are such a good band.

25. Tallie

Tallie Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    Uh hi. I read the Wraith Squadron books a while back and I've been looking foward to seeing them in other EU books. They're hilarous! Personally I like Face Loran....he rocks! Kell, Piggy and Jansen are awesome too. I've heard they'll be in upcoming NJO books but will they be featured or just something like "and Wraith squadron joins the fight!" I hope not, I'de like to hear from the piolets themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.