main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wraith Squadron Fan Club

Discussion in 'Literature' started by hobbie6195, Nov 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthNapoleon

DarthNapoleon Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2000
    I loved the Wraiths! They were so cool, I thought they were easier to relate to than the Rogues(don't get me wrong, they are awesome too). I wish i was a Wraith

2. CloneofPhanan

CloneofPhanan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2000
    Hey, gotta love the Wraiths.

3. Matara_Healbo

Matara_Healbo Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    I was a Rogue fan back when they books came out, but when I went to the mall in August of 1999 to get my mom a birthday present I saw it at the book store so I bought it. They also happened to have a buy four books get the fifth one free so that really help my books to grow that day. I loved the books so much I've ready them more then any other SW book.

4. PaysonTerrik

PaysonTerrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2000
    Matara ? I know, those book sales will get you every time!

I?m sure I?ll end up re-reading the Wraith books again soon. At first I thought, ?Oh man, what?s up with this NEW squadron ? I was really enjoying the Rogue books.? Then not even half way through WS I realized what a silly thought that was.

5. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I had some doubts when I read that they were about another group of people and I thought great they're going to ruin the whole series now. Well I gave it a chance and I think by the fifth chapter I'm not sure but I started laughing when I would read it. You know people start to look at you funny when you bust up laughing in the middle of class.

6. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Yeah, I had heard the ?Yub yub? thing for awhile, but never knew where people got it from. When I read the continuing storyline of Lt. Kettch, I thought that it was far better than I could have imagined for the background story of a one-liner.

Actually, there were so many funny scenes that it?s hard to figure out which ones are the best (maybe that can be a future task of this group once it gets going). Of course, Allston has his other strong points ? the characters were great and dynamic, and the plot lines were really interesting. All around ? great books!

7. Lt_Ketch

Lt_Ketch Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2000
    I read most of the books from ANH through the Corellian Crisis before getting to the X-wing series. I wanted ro read all the "main-line" books, and not get caught up in some side-story books. I felt that I was spending enough money on the other Star Wars books, and I didn't want to start something new.

But, while I was waiting for Specter of the Past to come out, I started the X-wing series. Wow, was I wrong. These are among my favorate books, who'da thought with only camio appearances by Luke et al.

8. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I always liked Garik "Face" Loran, with "Piggy" coming in a close second.
    The humor was there, Rogue Squadron had some as well, but these guys cracked me up. KETTCH RULES!

9. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I read the Wraith books just a few months ago. Till then I thought the Rogues were the coolest, but I was wrong! The Wraiths are great, and Mr Allston did a great job in potraying them as realistic individuals, not superheroes saving the galaxy.
    My favourite Wraith is Ton Phanan. I felt terrible when he died, but ''it was so artistically done''...

10. Tycho Celchu

Tycho Celchu Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 1999
    Yeah, Allston is definitely one of the top three autors in the SW EU. Let's hope DelRey does not decide to kill all the Wraiths in one book (sorry, in one trilogy). But I'm sure they will find a way to make the Jedi look great and all others like panicking nerfs.Remember the chance at the end of Stackpoles duology to bring back Wedge and Tycho? Haven't heard about them anymore? There we go...

11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The Wraiths are great!!
    Allston is such a great author.
    I must say that although they were funny,
    Allston also made me "get something in my eye," more than any other SW author has.

Face, Jansen, Donos, Shalla and of course Wedge are the best.

12. peregrine

Nov 18, 2000
    Don't forget Grinder.Why did he have to die? :(

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh, yeah. Grinder.

I really liked him. His death surprised me. Actually, all of Allston's deaths surprised me.
    In that way, Allston is better than Stackpole, IMO. He doesn't have any expendables. Stackpole on the other hand killed off all these people that we didn't really know.

Don't get me wrong, I love Stackpole. Allston just outdoes him in this way.

14. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Ah yes, poor Grinder ? you?d think if he could?ve survived thinking he was being stalked by a Crystal Deceiver then he could survive anything. . . Was he really only in that one book? It seems like he was around longer. I guess that?s like what Rogue1-and-a-half said ? there just aren?t any expendables in the Wraiths!

15. Captain Page

Captain Page Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    Signing in! Yay Wraiths!

"Yub yub, Commander."

16. mirax_T

mirax_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 1999
    the wraiths are deffinatly great---off the wall and humorous yet very effective (in accomplishing their missions), but then, wedge created them so how could i not like them?

17. peregrine

Nov 18, 2000
    And don't forget Warlord Zsinj! I think he had a great sense of humor!

18. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I must correct an error in one of my earlier posts. It was in 1998 when I bought Wraith Squadron and '99 when I bought the Starfighters of Adumar. I know none of you really cared but I did. I want to know why they had to kill off Faylynn Sandskimmer. Everyone said she was just like me, I think that's why I liked her so much.

19. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Are the Allston books the only SW books that have dancing in them? I can't remember if any of the others have any in them. I love to dance, especially ballroom it's so much fun. I wish they would put more dancing in these books.

Jaina going to a Disco on some planet, that would be great.

20. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Squeaky - Pirate Captain of the Millenium Falsehood

21. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Matara - *I* cared when you got the books! ;-) I liked Falynn too. Yet another tragedy. Interesting point about the dancing ? can?t say that I remember it anywhere else, but I?m not sure. I can definitely see Jaina out there, though.

It?s interesting how we all have different favorites ? but they?re ALL so great, so it?s easy to see why.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! I live in the same city as my family, so I don?t have to travel very far for the food & festivities. I?ll pop back in a few times just to make sure this stays on page one. We?re doing great so far ? 45 posts and growing! That?s almost as many as I?ve made ever! ;-)

22. Lt_Ketch

Lt_Ketch Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2000
    Wake up! The Wraiths deserve more recognition than this!!!

23. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Thank you all for careing about my exactness. I'll try and pop in every now and then tomorrow. You know when you can sneak past mom and try and get out of doing more cleaning.

If not Jaina at a disco I'm sure we could see any of the SW characters there just hanging out and having a good time.

24. peregrine

Nov 18, 2000
    Where are all those Wraith fans?

25. peregrine

Nov 18, 2000
    Ahhh... I can see that not much people really care about the Wraiths...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.