main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wraith Squadron Fan Club

Discussion in 'Literature' started by hobbie6195, Nov 19, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Wraiths rock!!!

2. PaysonTerrik

PaysonTerrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2000
    I care! I care! This is still just taking off ? I?m sure it will continue to grow, though. My hope is that people will see this thread so much that curiosity will force them to go buy the books and we?ll convert more and more people to Wraith fandom. Those books are just too good to be at the low priority of someone?s reading list - which I admit that?s how it was with me ? and I don?t want others to repeat my mistake. ;-)

I had a busy day yesterday, but I?ll be around the rest of the weekend if anyone's interested in a good Wraith discussion.

3. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I'll be around. I hope they appear in Aaron Allstors' NJO duology.

4. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    I hope they?ll resurface too ? it would be a shame to see such good characters go to waste in Forgotten Characterland.

Of course, those books were set 18 years before the NJO. Do you think that at least part of the ?original? Wraiths might have retired by now (I?m not even considering that any of them might have been killed)? Not that they would be old, but Wedge and most of the original Rogues were only a few years older (at most maybe 10?) and they had moved on to other things by the start of NJO. Not that I?m trying to put a damper on this, but it is a legitimate concern. . . What do you all think?

Do you think Kell and Tyria stayed with the Wraiths or maybe did they slow down to start a family? Kell never seemed to be interested in command, so I don?t think he would have been promoted too far. Or what about Lara? Do you think she?s still hiding out from the government? Did Piggy ever find those other intelligent Gamorreans that Lara set free? It?s almost like those celebrity shows, ?Where are they now?? ;-)

5. Matara_Healbo

Matara_Healbo Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    I was wondering how many times have all of the Wraith books? I've read WS four times, starting on my fifth. IF three times, SC two times and SoA once. I haven't really been focusing on reading the books I've already read, I'm mostly catching up on all of the SW books I haven't read yet. Like the Han Solo Trilogies and a few more. I only have 21 more books to read and then I can say I've read all of them.

6. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Matara ? I?m on the same quest as you ? I?ve got a good chunk of the EU books read, but now I?m heading for those original trilogy era books (like Han Solo trilogies).

I?m sure I?ll reread my favorites (Wraith books included) when I?m done with those. Since I?m still pretty new to the EU, I just read the Wraith books for the first time within the last month, so I haven?t had the chance to go back through them yet.

7. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I bet Loran is incharge with Kell as his 2nd in command. Dia is hopefully still there with Lara and some of the others.

8. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    That's the same problem with me, PaysonTerrik. I am also new to EU and with so many books to finish it'll be quite a time till I can reread the Wraith books.

9. Corell

Corell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2000
    I have one thing to say:

Yub yub, Commander.

10. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    McClain ? sounds good to me. I would think that the #1 and 2 people would be from the original group, but I hope more will have stuck around too.

Peregrine ? while it?s great that there are so many EU books, it?s also a bit overwhelming when you start reading them after they?ve been out a few years instead of following along as they come out. I did re-read I, Jedi after I finished the Rogue books because I had that whole new perspective, but that?s about it so far. . .

Well I hope everyone stays out of trouble tonight (I know how those Wraiths can be!). I?ll be sure to watch out for any strange androids lurking about and causing fights. I?ll check back in tomorrow.

11. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I know I'll be staying out of trouble but I'm not too sure about my niece. How much trouble can on 14 month out kid cause. Plenty, She'e watching me as i type this and I can the she thinking up something to do while my back is turned.

Any way I was on today to tell you all of an idea that has been bouncing around in my head for awhile. I'm sure most of you have played Laser tag before and this is sort of like it. I have wanted to get behind the stick of an X-Wing or the yok of a TIE fighter so here's a game idea. 24 simulators are made 12 X-Wings 12 TIE fighters, you go threw a simulated mission much like the Rogues and Wraiths do in training. You are given a call sign and you designate a squadron name. What do you all think. I'm not sure I'm being clear on this so if you are confused then say so and I'll try and clear it up.

I need to go because their is a strange smell coming from the kid at my feet.

12. hobbie6195

hobbie6195 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 1999
    Wow, i was in New York all week, and when i come back, there's 60-some replies. Im happy. :)

Soo.....What's your fav Wraith book? I like Solo Command.

13. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    It's hard to choose one, but I would say Iron Fist.

14. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    That's a hard one, for me I would have to choose between Wraith Squadron and Starfighters of Adumar. I think they are the funniest out of all of them but I still like the other two just as much.

15. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    I?d pay money to play that simulator game that Matara proposed. Anybody know any willing investors? ;-)

Hmmm. . . favorite Wraith book. I guess if I had to single one out, it would be Solo Command. By the third book, I think the readers have a lot more invested in the characters, so you just care more about what happens to them. Plus, Allston did a great job on character development, so by SC you see how they?ve grown. I also liked how the Rogues and Han made their appearances - it was like a big reunion of favorite characters.

SoA was really good too, though ? I liked how the whole Wedge/Iella thing was finally resolved and how Wes kept obsessing about his Adumari cloak.

Oh, and Matara ? I would watch out for those 14-month-olds! Remember the trouble that those Solo twins caused before they could barely walk? ;-)

16. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    This is off the Wraith subject, it's about my neice. The cutest little toe head you have ever seen in your life. She is very energetic and you can never tigher this kid down. Man I wish I had her endless energy, it takes two people to watch her. One to clean up the mess she just made an the other to stop her from making another one. I still love her though. I did a miss calculation she's actually 16 months, for some reason I think the year has 10 months you know just forget August and September.

17. PaysonTerrik

Oct 30, 2000
    Matara - Isn?t Coruscant on a 10-month calendar? Maybe you?re just on Star Wars time. ;-)

You know what I was just thinking? (it?s hard to tell. . .)
    Myn transferred to Rogue Squadron when the Wraiths went to NR Intel and we see him still there in SoA. Now, I don?t remember too many details out of the NJO books, but does anyone remember seeing him in them? I was just curious if he was still with the Rogues or not. Anybody know?

18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    This thread needs to go to the top.
    Let's keep this one going.
    My favorite Wraith book: seeing as how IMO Soa isn't a Wraith book, I'd say Iron Fist.
    I cried. I really cried.

19. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    I'm checking back in. I must also admit that I left the X-wing series out of my original semi-chronological reading of the EU. (I left out others that didn't interest me as well). I'm very glad a friend convinced me to go back and read them! The Wraiths are terrific and I'll probably re-read those books soon. I just started my re-reading with Rogue Squadron over the weekend. Gotta do something while waiting for the next NJO book, and X-wings are great!

This randomness brought to you by the letters M, J, and w.

20. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I like Tyria she had such a nice backround, and character development.

21. Thong

Thong Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2000
    Signing in. The Wraiths rock!

Wes is my fave. Mmmm, Wes...

22. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Thong - I think I love you.

23. Orion_Nomad

Orion_Nomad Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2000
    Wraiths Rule!!!!!!

24. hobbie6195

hobbie6195 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 1999
    Wes is probably my favorite too....But i dont think i will tell a guy named Thong that i love him. :p

I like Myn, too. I think he and Lara made a great couple.

25. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I was hoping that Allston was going to expand on Myn's relation ship with Lara. That's what I thought Starfighter of Adumar was about. I wasn't disapointed by the book I just thought it would have been about something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.